Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91
Results 1,801 to 1,814 of 1814

Thread: 20.000 points Orc and Goblins w.i.p.

Chapter Master Morglum Necksnapper's Avatar

Re: 20.000 points Orc and Goblins w.i.p.

Very pretty and much needed, I bet the spiders love green.
    my general project thread

[2020] painted: 3

Alternative for Warseer?

Hi guys and girls,

I know this has been discussed more often elsewhere, but I’d like to ask visitors and subscribers (if any) of my old threads this.

After a hiatus here due to the hacking of this site twice and the Photobucket incident, I haven’t posted in quite a while. But I have been hobbing a lot! I would love to post my new stuff on Warseer but, when I go to the site, I get a warning that the site is not safe. After choosing the option ‘proceed on own risk’, I get another welcome-screen of Warseer, the so-called ‘Warseer reborn’ page. Again a warning to proceed on own risk. After clicking that I come to a forum with so many sub-forums where almost nothing happens anymore. Clearly a place not attended by the owners. Then, when I find a nice project log to admire, I have to click ‘linear mode’ somewhere on the right side of the screen to view the thread in a normal way.

This is just too much hassle and in no way enviting or an encouragement to return here.

All this makes me very sceptical to post new content. I’ve searched long for alternatives, Pinterest doesn’t interest me, neither do Facebook, Reddit or Instagram. They don’t fit my needs at all. I don’t want to go on YouTube either, I don’t want to make movies. I want a nice relaxt forum enviroment to show what I’m working on and to get in touch with other gamers and painters and see what they are working on.

So what are your thoughts? Does anyone still look at subscribed plogs? Is there another place like Warseer that I don’t know about? I’ve looked into Dakka Dakka, but that didn’t really appeal to me I’m sorry to say either, Warhammer Empire forum is mainly about Empire…

What do you think, is there another place maybe? Am I whining and should I just take all the difficulties that people have finding the project logs for granted?

Thanks for your replies.

Erm hard to say, Dakka dakka is one I use as well as bolted and chain sword, and I haven’t posted in Warhammer empire in a very long time. Sorry can’t be much help
    Flashheart: Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves. I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my face!

Given how things are these days, it really depends on what you are looking for. Social Media, and I would include Youtube and alternative SM sites, has taken over the forumscape that Warseer inhabited for such a long time. So anything "current edition" would likely be encapsulated there, sorry to say as I agree that Facebook and the other SM platforms don't do it for me as a forum. I have no problem with the tutorials that you get at Youtube, but SM is not the same as a forum for me. Other than DakkaDakka, which I am a member of, I guess that BOLS would be up there, and I am sure that there are other sites out there besides the afore mentioned DakkaDakka, BOLS, and here. Outside of that it is more specific on a faction, like Warhammer Empire as you mentioned, or prior edition gaming like my site in my sig.
    Last edited by Rogue; 27-12-2021 at 00:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffymcfluff View Post
    Warhammer for me is more fun when I can drink, smoke and swear at my dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Vaughn View Post
    And dont tell me the rules are "Designed" to work better at certain points values, because the rules are many things but Designed aint one of them...
    My miniature blog. http://tinylegions.blogspot.com/
    www.classichammer.com - New Games with Old Rules

Warseer is where I started, it feels like home. Slightly haunted now, still home though. The warnings are because it's just http, no longer https in the address, changing that avoids the warnings but not the issue. Traffic here is not encrypted, so a bit less safe.

I don't like social media, too fast, not persistent. Blogs are an option (collectinggreen has a very nice themed one). It is even more persistent than a forum thread. I tried Instagram but really can't be bothered, I considered DeviantArt for some 3D hobby stuff I do, still need to take the plunge.

I do a lot of team work on T9A, hence I am a lot there but not so much publicly. I should be more on their hobby subforum to praise efforts. Huge advantages over there are the pings you get, very hard to miss a post. The like button while amazing too often is used to save time and skip a comment, guilty as charged. There is also a joined thread to show anything from your workbench, keeps the speed up and gets attention.

Finally, I do not think you are whining. Many of us invested time and effort in setting up a log we want to exist forever. Love your stuff, want to see more.
    my general project thread

[2020] painted: 3

Nothing useful to add, but just wanted to say I feel your pain. I'm still grieving for the loss of Warseer (I mean, I know we're still here, but I only return to follow two or three die-hard threads). Nowadays I have to go to game-system specific forums (eg YakTribe, TGA) to get my plog fix, but it's a massive pita and it means I just don't bother visiting with the regularity that i used to visit Warseer.

A lot of the contributors here who prefer the long-form plog route may write their own blogs, but I don't want to follow a hundred different ones.

And social media has a kind of rapid churn which isn't satisfying to follow - you get a scatter-shot of everything but with no depth and no curation.

I wish Warseer hadn't experienced an exodus of readers and that discussion board project logs were still a thing. When Miscast did a video log of his Nurgle project, he compressed what we're all used to reading over a three year period into a five minute video. And then he said this: https://youtu.be/vyv9RK74eAM?t=293, which broke my poor little heart.

Thanks for the replies! I just discovered another bug here, I don’t get notifications anymore when I get a reply on my plogs. I still do get ad random notifications every once in a while from different plogs though.

I don’t even mind there isn’t so much traffic here at a very far corner of the internet, it’s nice here. To know there is a hardcore group of people still posting really gives me that old-fashioned feeling again.

Hope you’re all doing well and people start posting more often again. I know I will be posting and replying again.

Here is some work in progress of a I don’t know what it is, it was a spontaneous buy, an idol for night goblins or something. I think I’ll chance the purple on the mushrooms to another color, don’t know yet.

Last year I played a couple of games of Warhammer Armies Project, which was really exciting. Got me working on a couple of projects, I’ve thought of combining everything in one projectlog from now on, but I also like to keep the plogs seperate and my old plogs up, so that it is easier to jump to a certain subject. Still thinking about that one.

Last edited by Morglum Necksnapper; 10-01-2022 at 15:11.

If it helps I’ve always enjoyed your plog, and I was really pleased to see you update again after I returned so recently too!
    The site is… not in the best state BUT there are quite regular updates to threads - they’re just hard to see at first glance!!!

I like that totem in progress very much

Nice! Your plog has always been fun to see, so keep up the good work!
    Tale of Fantasy Painters hall of fame: 2008/09 edition, 2009/10 edition, 2010/11 edition, 2011/12 edition

Even I have a Blog nowadays...

I absolutly love your work! Your blog has always been a great source of inspiration to me, so it's great to have you back

Thank you!

I'm working on a night goblin display (again). The thing that's different this time around is that I already made the display cabinet itself, now I just have to make the interiour. It's going to be a large cave entrance and Skarsnik's night goblin army will march out of it.

Great to see this one still around! For hobby content I also prefer the good old forums even if there is not much traffic. I like the eefl forum, a small place but it is full of die-hard 8ed players, who stil play the game. I look forward to see your waaagh growing!

Cheers,
    WGG
    WAAAGH GHAZAK, fear the might from the goblins
    Never underestimate the power of mushroom driven fanatic's

My greenskin blog
    https://www.instagram.com/the_geblin/

A project that I want to work on this spring is reworking the 5000 points savage orc army. I play Warhammer Armies Project now instead of 8th Edition and Iíve adapted the armylist to make it legal and playable in WAP.

The changes are not that drastic, but a couple of things need to be done:

- Iíll remove all of the magnets from the bases, since I regularly pulled miniatures of their base because the magnet underneath the base had a too strong pull to the movement tray. Done with that.

- Iíll add a reddish color to the base, this makes the miniatures pop more, dark skin tones on a dark almost black base was a bit too dark in my opinion, besides, Iíve made a new gaming table with a reddish earth tone, so thatíll look nice.

- Iíll remove the banners that Iíve added about a year or two ago. I just donít like them, seems too sophisticated for savage orcs. Iíll add more skulls to the bannerpoles.

- Iíll add a giant!

But first up, starting from the ground up, I leveled some IKEA tables to get the project from the ground.

Then Iíve added some seventies bedroom furniture I had lying around, to get more height.

Then I added a sheet of board with black cloth.

On top of that Iíve put the display. Iíll need to paint the sides black again, there are some scratches.

There were lots of spiderwebs everywhere, so Iíll add a thin layer of transparent plastic sheet over it all, to keep the spiderwebs and dust away.

Now itís time to make new movement trays and to glue together the extra bits for the army, then, painting time.

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91