Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Regimeian 1st: Rag tag guard, renegade Sob, Space marine mercs and more

New Regimeian 1st: Rag tag guard, renegade Sob, Space marine mercs and more

Ok, to celebrate my 1000th post, I've decided to start a log at long last. I was supposed to start this last easter, but never got round to it, so It'll come as no supprise to you that most of the armys done but with apoc just released theres still much more to do, you won't get to see much of it just yet because I'm down at university and the armys at home.

So onto the plan

Main Army: My rag tag guard made up of various bits and parts and conversions, mostly done, but more to be added.

Next: Ork blood Axe mercs one the guard armys finished, I'll try and coincide this with when the new dex is released.

On off: I'm planning a small sister of battle army to be made up of non GW minis, I had a thread for suggestions a few weeks back for idea, still not many though, and a Free Company Space Marine, army, mostly inspired because I like the looks of the new chapter masters and want to use them as merc lords, still not sure how much converting I'll do on the army though to make them look more mecenary, so any suggestions would be apprecated.

ok onto pics, first stuff i did ages ago at home in the summer:

main colour scheme:

command squad

and now some stuff i've done recently:

Still waiting on an ebay delivery to do something next, but don't know how long it'll be (bloomin postal strikes)
    My Rag Tag Guard army, Space Marine Mercenerys and AdMech Sisters of Battle On Hold Sort of
    Come Join the Big Comic Book (And Manga) Thread and check out my BLINDING COLOUR! as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilltouch View Post
    El Presedente, that's just your filthy mind at work.

Re: New Regimeian 1st: Rag tag guard, renegade Sob, Space marine mercs and more

More old stuff from summer
    Eldar outcasts (still need to finalise the colour scheme)

ogryn commissar
    My Rag Tag Guard army, Space Marine Mercenerys and AdMech Sisters of Battle On Hold Sort of
    Come Join the Big Comic Book (And Manga) Thread and check out my BLINDING COLOUR! as well.

Tanks, also from ages ago

I've also a demolisher back home but never got a pic of it.

Liking the army already, looking forward to progress.

But i really love the Ogryn Commisar! He's ace!

DK
    Quote Originally Posted by BigbyWolf View Post
    In a world where Morris Dancing exists, I shall never be embarrassed by my toy soldier collection.

Project of 2014: Warriors of Chaos

Yeah, I'm not sure what to count him as having yet though, he's got an inquisitor scale bolter, so i could use it as a ripper, but bone ed's have acess to the amoury so he could have a bolter, but I think he'd lose the extra attack, also its a pity I can't really use that power sword.

Use him as Nork Deddog.

What are you getting from ebay?

DK
    Quote Originally Posted by BigbyWolf View Post
    In a world where Morris Dancing exists, I shall never be embarrassed by my toy soldier collection.

Project of 2014: Warriors of Chaos

Nice tabletop quality painting. Now please do something about the bases .

Quote Originally Posted by Death Korp View Post
    Use him as Nork Deddog.

What are you getting from ebay?

DK
    Neah I already have nork anyway, though he'll probably make up the ogryn squad because they cost so much, 10 a piece? come off it! I'll probably grab on of the new ones for old times sake but the rest I'll probably convert from WFB ogres.

I'm waiting on a vintage first edition sentinal, and a couple of bits and bobs to use in my last chancers (when I get round to it), which Bungaroo's Red One log inspired me to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Roel? View Post
    Nice tabletop quality painting. Now please do something about the bases .
    Don't worry I'll get round to it eventually, I'm just dreading the grueling task of having to base 100+ minitures.

Quote Originally Posted by El Presedente View Post
    I'll probably grab on of the new ones for old times sake but the rest I'll probably convert from WFB ogres.
    I just bought 2 new ogryns and a BONE'ead. They look absolutely brutal. Even though they're a tad expensive, I prefer these above WFB ogres (but maybe that's cause I don't have any conversion skills whatsoever :>).

Quote Originally Posted by El Presedente View Post
    Don't worry I'll get round to it eventually, I'm just dreading the grueling task of having to base 100+ minitures.
    Do about 20 a time. It's a pretty lousy job I agree, but it makes average looking models so much better! Good luck.

Well, Picked up apocalypse today and:

I'll be painting these guys as my merc lords, I'll make a start on them tomorrow probably.

Aren't those guys just sexy?
    Your ogryn commissar's mad! How'd you make em? did ya GS him alot?
    Your weatering looks tops. Looks very simple, yet effective.
    Last edited by Mr Kibbles; 20-10-2007 at 22:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kibbles View Post
    Aren't those guys just sexy?
    Your ogryn commissar's mad! How'd you make em? did ya GS him alot?
    Your weatering looks tops. Looks very simple, yet effective.
    Lots of green stuff on the ogryn and I repositioned the head. I accidently stumbled across the space wolf gray drybrushed over enchanted blue mixed with black by accident and it hasn't failed me since.

Done the first of my mercenary lords, not sure If I should have done more bling on him though. Still a bit rough around the edges though so I'll have to clean him up at some point, as well as redo the hammer.

Hopefully my post will arrive tomorrow.

I'm really loving these chapert master models they're just fantastic to paint.

Another one done, Again a bit rough around the edges, I'll probably do a big clean up when they're all finished.

God don't you just hate the way they look much worse on camera

Very bad photo from the back, I don't know why I'm including it.

Still no post

Posts Arrived today, wooooo!

something for the last chancers

and something vintage

Your master of the fleet looks like he's got the mark of khorne. Good work all in all, could use some rough riders for that +1 variety feeling.
    Elmo wears a Trilby.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazzy View Post
    Trilbydude, i think you win.
    That's all I needed to hear

http://gamingalliance.forumotion.co.uk/ for anyone who likes to game with a controller instead of dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilbydude@Dragon View Post
    Your master of the fleet looks like he's got the mark of khorne.
    Yeah its supposed to be crossed swords, had to do it with paint on the end of one of those pencil pen things, I'll redo if I can find a really really fine paintbrush

Quote Originally Posted by Trilbydude@Dragon View Post
    Good work all in all, could use some rough riders for that +1 variety feeling.
    I have a unit of rough riders at home as a matter of fact, There'll be a pic up next time i'm back, but heres a sneak peek for now.

Got the sentinal finished today, didn't have much surface area to fit a name on so its been named "AJ", and thats obscured by the gun. Not much room/details for the weathering to have much of an effect either but I'm pretty satisfied otherwise.

AJ

more pictures later when I can be bothered

Going to have a crack at this fella this afternoon

Ok, master of the watch is done, a much more polished job than my other two this time round, although I'm not really happy with the shield, I'll probably re-do that.

also another attempt at getting a better photo of the back of my master of recruits, but it turned out just as bad.

Got the last of the masters done, had a bit of trouble with the white and my attempt to give him dark skin, but other than that I think he's ok.

photos a bit dark

And a group shot, waiting to give them all a touch up, possibly soon

Still waiting on some post to arrive.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast