Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Witch hunters REDUX?!?

Witch hunters REDUX?!?

witch hunters seem out of date to me.

there rhinos are over costed compared to the new ones and so are seraphim sisters

assault marines chaos raptors and storm boys have all had a massive points decrease, seraphim are now more points and weaker

and where are the plastic sisters?

Re: Witch hunters REDUX?!?

Quote Originally Posted by angrynippleticks View Post
    and where are the plastic sisters?
    In our dreams. Sadly GW considers the Witch Hunters not as important as other armies. Yet.
    My Sisters of Battle project log. (Updated September 12th, 2011.)
    My gaming table project log. (Updated September 11th, 2011)
    Retired logs: Witch Hunters (40k), Witch Hunters (Mordheim)

Commander

I think Seraphim are appropriately costed. They have many of their own advantages. They're also the same price as Assault Marines, and cheaper than BAs.

Anyway, there have been rumors going around for quite some time that there will be an Inquisition book sometime within the next year, year and a half that covers both the Witch Hunters and the Daemonhunters.

shush. They're a fine army if you know how to use them. Ofcourse they're outdated, but right now Orks, Guard and Necrons (and daemons) need a new book more. And grey knights, but they'll likely come together with your precious sisters.
    Bucket of joy
    The Redemptionists, a long term IG army building log
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkeosaurus View Post
    Orks are both Mean and Green, which gives them an inherent advantage over armies which are only Mean or Green, or are neither.

Banned

Seraphim are stronger than both Raptors and Storm Boys. For the same price as Assault Marines they get free grenades, Faith, Hit and Run, access to Hand Flamers / Inferno Pistols, and Evisorators. They are still the single best anti-infantry unit in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaaneshi Slave View Post
    Seraphim are stronger than both Raptors and Storm Boys. For the same price as Assault Marines they get free grenades, Faith, Hit and Run, access to Hand Flamers / Inferno Pistols, and Evisorators. They are still the single best anti-infantry unit in the game.
    You forgot twin-linked so they can reroll to hits.

Chapter Master

Personally I'd much rather have Seraphims than Assault Marines in my army. They are just so much better, even before you start adding in faith points.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbad Ironclaw View Post
    Personally I'd much rather have Seraphims than Assault Marines in my army. They are just so much better, even before you start adding in faith points.
    No offense intended - I am just actually curious.

What makes them better? vs marines, they wound on 5+ yet get wounded on 3+, and they don't have ATSKNF. For the same points, in a straight up fight against assault marines, they are more likely than not gonna lose.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocidal Maniac View Post

What makes them better? vs marines, they wound on 5+ yet get wounded on 3+, and they don't have ATSKNF. For the same points, in a straight up fight against assault marines, they are more likely than not gonna lose.

What am I missing?
    Rerolls on to hit, Spirit of the Martyr, Divine Guidance,The Passion, rolling 3d6 for Tests of Faith with VSS, etc...

What am I missing?
    Faith Points.

Trust me on this.

Faith Points make a world of difference.

Oh, that and Hit and Run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavfluris View Post
    DarkstarSabre is correct.
    Painting Until I Die - 40k
    Painting Til I Croak - Fantasy

8th edition not only has me playing again...it's turned me into some sort of WFB guru...eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by [Glory] Wulf View Post
    In our dreams. Sadly GW considers the Witch Hunters not as important as other armies. Yet.
    The lack of plastic sisters is nothing to do with them being 'less important'... It's simply because they don't want to change the models.

They went through this when the Witch Hunters codex was released. Reproducing the Sisters in plastic would require a redesign, which the studio apparently doesn;t want to do because they like the current models.

Of course, the lacklustre sales have never helped the situation, either.

Banned

AP1 flamers.

AP1 flamers.

Try 20 sisters rapid firing for AP 1 mass bolter shots.

Oh wargear, how I love you so......

8th edition not only has me playing again...it's turned me into some sort of WFB guru...eh?!

Banned

I have 7,000 points of Battle Sisters... I must say I have never run a 20 strong squad though, as it seems to run against their most useful skills... 20 give no more faith than 10, and 20 wont fit in a Rhino.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarSabre View Post
    Faith Points.

Trust me on this.

Faith Points make a world of difference.

Oh, that and Hit and Run.
    Um. Ok. I actually use Sisters of Battle. I've never found the use of Faith Points to be incredibly decisive.

So you use a faith point to cast divine guidance... ok, you killed a couple more marines. But then you've got to roll UNDER the number of sisters in the squad to use the powers that make you unbreakable or give you an invuln save. By that time, if you're still in CC, you've probly been swept or the squad is useless anyway.

I am sure people are gonna tell me that I just don't know how to use sisters, but, I disagree. I think calling Seraphim better than assault marines is overrating them. But I can be convinced otherwise! So show me what they can do.

Banned

Assault Marines are a combat unit. Seraphim are a shooting unit which uses combat to stay alive.

Burn the unit so there are only a few models left. Charge those models and don't wipe them all out. In his turn Hit and Run away, leaving the Canoness to deal with those you left behind. Repeat.

Banned

AP1 flamers.
    Divine Guidance does not make their flamers AP 1. Any roll to wound of a 6 becomes AP1. One in 6 models hit by a flamer will get AP1.

Not at all the same as AP1 flamers.

*Shrugs*

Faith Points can be evil, evil things when used. Let's not forget that there are items of wargear that you can slap on ICs that can get around the dice rolls and that hit and run also exists for a reason as well.

@Slaaneshi Slave - It's my friend's army that I'm painting for him (I hate red and white....hates it now) and he plans things out so that each squad is at the cap for him to vary as he sees fit in the games. Sure, 10 sister squads are ultimately more tactical...but in an apocalypse scale game having 20 might just let them hold onto an objective a wee bit longer.

Um. Ok. I actually use Sisters of Battle. I've never found the use of Faith Points to be incredibly decisive.

So you use a faith point to cast divine guidance... ok, you killed a couple more marines. But then you've got to roll UNDER the number of sisters in the squad to use the powers that make you unbreakable or give you an invuln save. By that time, if you're still in CC, you've probly been swept or the squad is useless anyway.

I am sure people are gonna tell me that I just don't know how to use sisters, but, I disagree. I think calling Seraphim better than assault marines is overrating them. But I can be convinced otherwise! So show me what they can do.
    You're not accounting for the free Simulcrum Imperialis that a VSS gives you. It allows you to roll 3d6 for tests of faith and pick the best two.

Banned

Divine Guidance does not make their flamers AP 1. Any roll to wound of a 6 becomes AP1. One in 6 models hit by a flamer will get AP1.

Not at all the same as AP1 flamers.
    But AP1 Flamers scares Marine players so much more. I love the way they whine on the forums about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast