Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wman's Death Korps of Krieg

Wman's Death Korps of Krieg

---~---
    Willkomen
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
    Welcome, fellow comanders (or enemies), to my log of Kriegy goodness (actual log my not have as much Kriegy goodness as advertised)
    -have fun and C&C apreciated

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

(Check out pages after 1 for good stuff)

---~---
    Well I've been workin' on a DKOK army. It'l be taking a while as I'm only 13 and I've already spent close to 1 grand CDN$ on 40k. At the moment I've got 1 squad of guardsmen, an armorcast baneblade and a hellhammer. I'm to be naming my guardsmen so names will help (but don't use gw's name generator as I;ll be using that to go along with the airborne space marines (the iluminars) that will be coming to help the guardsmen. They also don't have aflocked base yet as I don;t know how to do good mud n' dirt...and the regiment needs a name/number. All of these things will be painted on later (I'll also be changing the boots around and putting more paint on the eyes.

sorryabout bAD camera, but this is the best I can get, even on macro mode

Here is what I have pictures of ATM:

My workspace (yup pretty daMN bad!)

my workspace #2

my familiar, woofleweimardoogledog

The armour colour is adeptus battlegrey and chardon granite and th uniform colour is bleached bone mixed n' layered with catachan green. The tanks are waiting for an airbrush for some propah paintin' and I'll be buying alooottt more when I get some ebay auctions up n' stuff

PS: Is there a size that I need to post pics and how do I make these smaller?
    Last edited by I <3 W; 23-12-2007 at 05:03.
    :chrome: Da Wman
    ---Lord Hjamlar;I will be honest, I think you are the most annoyin' person I've ever met.
    --Leunam;I agree with the sentiments in your signature.
    -marv335; I second that.
    my Death Korps of Krieg blog

Re: Wman's Death Korps of Krieg

As far as names go just look up German, Russian, or French names depending on what flavour you want.

The interesting thing about Death Korp is that whilst everyone associates them with WW1 Germans there are elements of the design that are also very French, or more WW generic.

I'm modelling mine around Russians. So really the choice is yours.

Will you be posting the pictures seperately later? You don't seem to have any here?

Some pictures of the work completed so far:
    as you may notice some men were kicked over by an imperator titan and have lost the barrel of their lasgun. This will be fixed via ebay or FW.
    EDIT: I gs'ed it so don;t help me here

squad:

squad from farther:

Unfinished running guy:

more krieg men:
    Last edited by I <3 W; 17-12-2007 at 01:16.
    ---Lord Hjamlar;I will be honest, I think you are the most annoyin' person I've ever met.
    -marv335; I second that.

more krieg men...:
    Busted lasgun guy :*( :

flamer:

guardsman:

gaurdsman pulling pin from grenade:
    -marv335; I second that.

morekrieg men:
    another busted lasgun guy :*( (bad pics :*( ) :

sarge:

EDIT: hey are those things on their chests that have the tube leading to the gas mask supposed to have a l'il screen and buttons on them. I just painted 'em leather, but now that I look at an unprimed one I can kinda see buttons and stuff. any thoughts?
    Last edited by I <3 W; 10-11-2007 at 01:18.
    -marv335; I second that.

Meh, I don't mind the quality of painting so much as the neatness- you've got grey and light brown on the arm of that last guy. To be honest, I really think you should improve that before you go paint more [expensive] FW minis.

Loving the signature, catbarf.

And yes, I do agree that you should get more experience painting before you tackle something as detailed (and expensive!) as the Death Korps. Work on some normal guardsmen or somthing as practice... and for christ's sake water down your paint! It'll give you a much cleaner, smoother paintjob.

And I also like your dog. Very cool. What kind is it?

nice Pickelhaube but I agree touch up your painting... make sure you get even coats on the model and if you have to go back and touch up... you dont have to get it right the first time just get it right before the end. The most important thing though is dont get discouraged and practice your skills.

Hope this helps,
    Baron

WellI've got some more WIP shots. Somehow the flash makes the dirtyness look weird, but in normal lighting (meaning I'll do some shots in the daytime soon) it looks just like dirty leather trenchcoats . Since I'm just posting images today I'll be finishing off imperfections over the weekend and posting more images then.

So here is the pic:
    running Gaurdsman front (flashy!):

wunnign gaurdsman rear (flashy!):

anyhow. I know these look like poop and I'm not the bes painter, but in real life the effect of the trenchcoats looks alot better. And yes I'll redo the earlier ones, namely the sarge, cuz I somehow splotched grey all over him. If you look at the previous pics,you can see individual strokes and things because of the flash and stuff (I'm not a great photographer, but anyways in real life it all blends in) and obviously the eyes aren't finished on these guys. I'm leaving a few things 'till later: eyeglass things (I might make lasgun shots reflecting or something), the regimental sign on the shoulder, the secondshoulderpad and the base/shoes. Got a bit more comin' up
    Last edited by I <3 W; 10-11-2007 at 02:23.
    -marv335; I second that.

Here are some pictures of my makeshift carrying case and my baneblades. The Armorcast ones got some major conversions on it. I made new barrels for it with lathes, added rivets and some fw bits. I also put the spikes on the front, but they're meant for a razorback so I need people's opinions on whether that looks good or not, cause I'm not sure

pics of the carrying case:

-marv335; I second that.

baneblades:

and I didn't want to make another post so a picture of the baneblades in the tray is attatched.

EDIT:the armorcast baneblade has new exhaust pipes and a new autocanon being made. I've drawn up the plans. I just need to wait 'till I have a few hours and access to my grandpa's lathe. And look at that frost on the hellhammer. Superglue wasn't dry in the box it was in so it got all frosted!
    Last edited by I <3 W; 10-11-2007 at 03:33.
    -marv335; I second that.

You just gotta love Death Korps ^^
    But like some of the other guys said, try watering down your paint a little, it'll look so much better, I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by Praexes View Post
    Loving the signature, catbarf.

And yes, I do agree that you should get more experience painting before you tackle something as detailed (and expensive!) as the Death Korps. Work on some normal guardsmen or somthing as practice... and for christ's sake water down your paint! It'll give you a much cleaner, smoother paintjob.

And I also like your dog. Very cool. What kind is it?
    its a Weimaraner and I swear the paint blends in properly in real life, but I guess thx for the...constructive helpfull coments . I'll try to get some better pictures to freplace those.

oh and why should I watermypaints down exactly? and what should I do.d'ya just mean put some paint on a palette anda add a little bit of water with my brush?
    -marv335; I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by I <3 W View Post
    its a Weimaraner and I swear the paint blends in properly in real life, but I guess thx for the...constructive helpfull coments . I'll try to get some better pictures to freplace those.

oh and why should I watermypaints down exactly? and what should I do.d'ya just mean put some paint on a palette anda add a little bit of water with my brush?
    Yeah just add a tiny splash of water on the tile so the paint is nice and thin and smooth and goes on easily. Prevents obscuring details under inch thick layers.
    Flamethrowers say a lot about humanity. They just prove that sometime, somewhere someone thought "I want to set that guy over there on fire but I'm not close enough"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazguire-about yours truly
    Pyromaniac? Hideously maimed in a school science project? Removed his arm and replaced it with a pilot light and deoderant bottle? Time will tell.
    My Log-High Elves, Guard and maybe some Brettonians if you're lucky

Trust me, watering down your paint will revolutionise your painting overnight. Your men will go from looking blotchy and 'glunky' and look nice, smooth, and realistic.

I have a Standard poodle. Yes, before you say anything, its not a teeny-tinny poodle... it's a dog as big and black as Shaq. Shockingly, my dog can't make freethrows either.

In other news, what kind of spray can I use to prime my Resin DKoK? I've heard rumours that normal spary doesn't have the solvent strength to adhere properly to Resin. I know that some kind of Auto Body spray can be used, but I'd like to hear a specific brand I can go look for. For example a brand I might be able to find at Wal-Mart or an Auto/Car store?
    Thanks,
    ++Praexes++
    Last edited by Praexes; 10-11-2007 at 14:27.

In other news, what kind of spray can I use to prime my Resin DKoK? I've heard rumours that normal spary doesn't have the solvent strength to adhere properly to Resin. I know that some kind of Auto Body spray can be used, but I'd like to hear a specific brand I can go look for. For example a brand I might be able to find at Wal-Mart or an Auto/Car store?
    Thanks,
    ++Praexes++
    I just use GW black, works fine for me No more touch ups with brush than a regualr plastic or metal chappy
    Flamethrowers say a lot about humanity. They just prove that sometime, somewhere someone thought "I want to set that guy over there on fire but I'm not close enough"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazguire-about yours truly
    Pyromaniac? Hideously maimed in a school science project? Removed his arm and replaced it with a pilot light and deoderant bottle? Time will tell.
    My Log-High Elves, Guard and maybe some Brettonians if you're lucky

How do you clean em? Cause I tried to clean one of mine with a soft toothbrush and dishwashing liquid, just like everyone says, and I ended up losing a little detail. Not alot, but just enough to not want to try it on my other figures...

put 'em in hot water and add soap and scrub with a toothbrush until they aren't shiny. And I just paint black on instead o' spraying them.
    -marv335; I second that.

Trust me, watering down your paint will revolutionise your painting overnight. Your men will go from looking blotchy and 'glunky' and look nice, smooth, and realistic.

I have a Standard poodle. Yes, before you say anything, its not a teeny-tinny poodle... it's a dog as big and black as Shaq. Shockingly, my dog can't make freethrows either.

Thanks,
    ++Praexes++
    thx for the tip! I'll do that on my last two. Unfortunately I've got to wait 'cause fw missed an arm and they still haven't responded to my email. I may have to sculpt it myself .
    -marv335; I second that.

Those look much better but I still stick to my earlier said advice: Practice before you hit up Forge World. Looks a lot better over all but somehow alot of the detail is still obscured... might be the primer you're using.

Baron

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast