Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Santa's Lil Halfer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Santa's Lil Halfer

The Santas Lil Halfer KO cup will be starting soon. Use this thread as the official posting thread for anything relating to this tournament.

Teams entered

Mecca
    Kiss
    Kennels
    Maws
    S'Kinks
    Carnage
    Pukes
    Steaks
    Limits

Reserve Bench

Shins - due to expected absence till the 20th Dec

Now if you count the teams that so far makes nine teams, sooo I will be asking two teams to play a pre match decider, any volunteers?
    Last edited by tenpole; 27-11-2007 at 18:29.

Re: Santa's Lil Halfer

well im back from the 1st trip, and im on standby for a second trip... anyway, i'll be on this wkend, tho tbh i'll play the WOBBL matches before the WSFA ones...
    -LordSnotball

Even the finest teams are useless in the hands of an idiot.
    And we, as coaches, are fools!
    Join the ONLINE Warseer Blood Bowl League TODAY!

Like the new team Pictures for the Shins.

I have been thinking of just entering all current members in the group, that way everyone gets to play. Teams like Piku and Chicks will obviously be used as team fillers. I will delay starting the tournament till the 7-12-07
    If there are any coaches looking to join the WSFA haul them in. The next set of tournaments will not be sane.

glad u like the new pics, i chose them in the upcoming xmas spirit... im also hoping they will distract my opponents

hehehee
    -LordSnotball

Even the finest teams are useless in the hands of an idiot.
    And we, as coaches, are fools!
    Join the ONLINE Warseer Blood Bowl League TODAY!

I will be entering all teams as it is obvious coaches like Fredox will never reply to PM's. So everyone is entered and we will play the games by ear.

I'd be careful about that. Fredox was very unsure of continuing leagues that he was in. By the by, Hail to the Cheat are going to throw their hat in the ring, hoping to get destroyed in this tournament at least!

It does not matter I need 16 teams, I only have sixteen teams, many can't play to later in the month anyway.

Kiss of the Vermin advance to round 2, defeating the Chaos Halflings 3-0.
    Current Project: Craftworld Astraea (Eldar), Prince Azreal's Guardians (High Elves), HE Blood Bowl Team

Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    A virgin newbie team.
    Still they did well with the damage on th0rs team, not much permanent though, and he still has four ninjas.

Lommedalen, Bærum (innvandret østfra), Norway!

Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    A learning experience to be sure. Not having played much stunty before, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect.

It quickly became apparent I'd have difficulties scoring TDs against the much faster rats, so I decided early to try to score casualties instead.

BTW... As other teams get knocked out of the tourney, are we allowed to play training matches?
    Reserve the right to refuse to grow up!
    "Team StormBolter" gaming group hobby blog...

Oh Is that what Deng was on about last night, well as you can gather he explained you are still locked into the tournament till completion.
    I do not know why but you are welcome to try and play, maybe if I tried to kick you from the current tournament it would release you.

I guess thats the problem with letting the winners choose there first round opponent. As if anyone (check the round 1 matchups) would give themselves a hard opponent and chance a first round exit. All in all, it worked pretty well picking up some skills and my 14th win in a row. Just waiting for my next victim.
    Current Project: Craftworld Astraea (Eldar), Prince Azreal's Guardians (High Elves), HE Blood Bowl Team

Lommedalen, Bærum (innvandret østfra), Norway!

That shouldn't be necessary. As I understand it, it'll be possible to play other teams that are knocked out, as they're not really taking part in the tourney any more.

I'll just wait and see for now...
    Reserve the right to refuse to grow up!
    "Team StormBolter" gaming group hobby blog...

Second match played. I hoped Benns skill would be enough to thwart the power of the eshin teams but alas no. The Shins are through to the second round beating hail 2-1.

"..the Vermin have caught the WSFA league by storm. No matter where you go, you'll see fans walking around in black clothes and that oh so popular dagger. What is the secret to the success of Kiss of the Vermin? WSFA TV finds out in this special interview..."

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=5WkHjE9WgGc

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=3LnYkB...eature=related

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zgjEvx...eature=related

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Md8bPx...eature=related

Calgary, AB Canada - formerly Leeds, England

Rookie team 'Gnome Limit' ground their way to an upset victory over well established WSFA veterens 'Tenpoles Mecca'.

Things started badly for Limits with a few key GFIs and blocks falied.

Mecca slaves exploited the gaps rushing towards Limits endzone and awaiting the blunderbuss pass from deep inside Meccas half.

Luckily for Limits the ball missed its intended target and scattered.

The Gnome quickly(or rather mv4 steadily :/) protected the open ball whilst the daredevil MvP blitzed 2 of the slaves right off the pitch.

The roborats finally made it into the scrap in the Limits half and proceeded to win back the ball. Again Luck helped out the Gnomes and the ball slipped into the grasp of the crowd who threw it right back into the middle of the pitch.

A superb throw by the Madbomma 'Shoebox' not only landed right on Target but managed to KO one of the roborats(not robocop though...) making it difficult for the Mecca to retreive the ball. This was Shoebox's first and only bomb of the match which made it all the more spectacular.

A few Gnomes were well positioned to gather the ball up and had enoughspace to setup the TD - alas their stubby little fingers proved to be their undoing as they fumbled the ball 3 times in a row!

First half ended and saw the Meca Deathroller and both teams bommas caught by the ref. The Gnomes fans took offence to this and lynched the ref for the second Half! With only 6 Mecca players managing to make the 2nd half the Gnomes proceed to drind down the rats fouling and taking out one of them with every drive.

Robocop tried his luck to penetrate the Gnomes defence, but went down himself! The Gnomes excited with the prospect of taking out this legend mobbed him and started to lay the boot in! The Meccas crowd held their breath as he was stretchered off the field, but seconds later it was announced he was only hurt and would make their next match.

Rest of the half followed suit and as the Gnomes strolled into the Meccas end zone not a single Mecca payer remained on the field.

Man of the Match award has to go to the Mad Bomma 'Shoebox' who's amazingly place bomb thwarted what would have likely been a Mecca TD!

Well the Pukes are out with cries of broken team and so are the Mecca whose said his team are broken but lets leave it that way, except I would still like something done with the Doomwheel, like +1ST or change it to ball and chain and not a deathroller.

i think thats more a problem with str1 teams then anything else. Say what you want but all str1 teams (fairies/snotlings) seem to have the hardest time winning. No matter what you support them with.

AG2 is also a problem. Especially as it lowers the benefit of the trademark Stunty and Dodge skills. With my khemri team I can win games if I can get a cage rolling and sending off enough opponents, but if anything goes wrong I'm screwed. I think the same applies to the nurglings.

Match report from the Pukes - Carnage match. I can't thank anything other than great luck when a Hopper manages at least three leaps, several dodges and almost a blitz every turn without falling down and losing the ball, all with only AG3 and no block! Even if the luckometer thought I only had around 50% luck.

Thats got to be the upset of the tournament, no disrespect intended towards Ulruk03. Saying this as a team thats gone 14/0/0, I didn't want to play the Nurglings. Now my new issue is, who is going to beat up the shins before I play them?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast