Thread: Tom Kirby steps down as CEO

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tom Kirby steps down as CEO

Must admit I'm only returning again after a break from the hobby (When last I was around it was before the annual report and the discussion on a director dumping a lot of shares was going on) and I haven't been following the fortunes of the company at all, but did have to sit up and take note of the news. Didn't find any mention that this was on the cards when searching here.

http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=nmona...symbol=L%5EGAW

Guess I have some reading to do, catch up on the last six months. Left me wondering if we will see a change in direction though, I imagine it also signals the interim results aren't going to be up to much.

The annoucement from GW.

APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE

The Board of Games Workshop Group PLC (‘Games Workshop’ or the ‘Company’) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mark Wells to the Board as Chief Executive of the Company with immediate effect.

Mark joined Games Workshop in 2000 from Boots plc and has been Head of Sales at the Company since 2006.

Tom Kirby, who has been Chairman and Chief Executive of Games Workshop since 2000, will continue as Chairman of the Company.

Tom Kirby said: ‘Mark has the vision, ability and passion to lead Games Workshop in its next phase of growth. He not only understands Games Workshop’s business model and its special culture and spirit, but he is a strong advocate of the values that are so important to the Company.

‘Mark and I share the same vision for Games Workshop, and we have ambitious plans for growth and value creation. I trust Mark absolutely to do the right thing for the Company, our shareholders and our staff.’

No additional information should be disclosed under paragraph 9.6.13 of the Listing Rules of the UK Listing Authority.
    Last edited by Arkzein; 03-12-2007 at 10:02.