Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Even More Vampire Counts Pics

Even More Vampire Counts Pics

As directed by Warseer user McBaine in the Blood Knights thread...

Ghouls
    Spearhead
    Wights
    Wolves

From http://www.fantasyladen.de - all credit to McBaine's source for finding this find
    Last edited by loveless; 22-12-2007 at 13:12.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*
    <

Veteran Sergeant

Re: Even More Vampire Counts Pics

First! Awsome Ghouls
    92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
    <

Librarian

Well, as stated, its not my find, but the find of the user Phönixdrache in our german forum, but I thought I should share it with you...
    thx anyway
    EDIT : You could attach the army book cover too... even if it is a bit blurry...
    Last edited by McBaine; 22-12-2007 at 13:12.
    <

Not impressed with the new vampire range. Except the Grave Guard and Skellies.

Ghouls look like Orcs and the Wolves look silly. Maybe it's the paintjob but the Wolves look too cluttered and I can't make out the details well.
    <

Original post fixed

That's what I get for being over-zealous
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*
    <

Ghouls look amazing IMO! They won't look like orcs if you give them a more fleshy paintjob, if anything it's the rotten green that makes them look orcy (although for me they look perfectly normal O_o). Wights are sweet too, as previous pictures have shown... not so sure about the wolves though.

Also, it seem the Corpse Cart's driver has a whip option
    <

IMHO the ghouls are a bit similar to zombies, but I like the minis. Again, pity on that thing sticking out of Vlad's back. The new wolves look definitely undead, but I can't decide yet if I like them
    <

Agreed with Veland - they have a certain zombie-vibe to them, but are definitely unique from, say, the Corpse Cart zombies

<

Chapter Master

I like all of them, as I've already said, but I dsilike the wolves ... thgeir heads are too big, and they look not wolf-like enough. Mind you, I may change my mind if I see a better picture ...
    <

Canary Islands (yep that little 7 things near to africa that nobody knows)

OI! i like it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cook View Post
    Da Black Gobbo you sir are a genius. Emperor bless you.
    Working on: Kabal of the Final Breath. (+2500 points fully painted) Games played:24, 13W/5D/6L
    Here: http://w40ktenerife.blogspot.com/201....html#comments
    6th edition DE record: W3/D0/L1
    <

Wow. The Dire Wolves actually look like they are undead.
    <

Oooooo really not liking those wolves. The rest are OK though I agree that the ghouls look more like zombies.

What does spearhead mean, are we looking at the contents of the army box? does this mean that the Varghulf and other characters are plastic?

Cheers

Vogon
    Praise the Emperor and pass the Ammo.
    <

Well as for the Wolves & Ghouls

Ghouls look great, I'm diggin the hunch backthing they got going & the detail looks very good for plastic. As for the poster that thinks they look like orcs, just do not paint them green.

The Dire Wolves look to be the first sculpts in the range that I do not care for. Even though the picture is not all that great the heads look to be far too big & have very silly look to them which makes them look out of place from the rest of the new VC range we have seen so far. I was really looking forward to something like undead Chaos Hounds instead we get the Littlest Pet Shop.
    <

Chapter Master

Normally i like most of the new minitiatures, and always try to see the positive things in them but:
    i dont like the ghouls, they look way too zombie-ish, id rather stick with the old ones. And whats up with the brown spiny thing on their backs? thats stupid!
    i dont like the dire wolves, they look too mean for what they actually are, and besides those heads remind me of some skaven models.
    grave guard is ok but not good enough to toss my old ones aside and replace them. Ill stick with my old ones thank you
    the skellies are allright i guess.
    <

Woooooo Nurgleguard Ahoi! Those Ghouls will make great LatD.
    <

@ Vogon

The spearhead is a limited box that includes all (or most of) the new miniatures for an army release (See WH40K:Orks)

<

Oh dear, i was really looking foward to seeing the new ghouls and dire wolves.although they will probably look a lot better in the flesh the ghouls are way to zomie-ish and the dire wolves look like rabied poodels.
    <

I was at the shop yesterday and they had a pdf printout of some of the new models.

I detest the dogs. I'm going to have to find my own.

/sad panda
    <

Well it is nice to finally settle the "What's in the spearhead box?" question. I love the new skeletons and grave guard as well as the corpse cart and the varghulf. The ghouls are very nice as well. The way they crouch makes them look like they are about to spring on something. Very predatory and animalistic and that's exactly how I always pictured them (I disagree with the no more skirmishing part but that is another matter altogether).

On the other hand I still hate the vampire characters, especially the thing trying to pass for a female vampire and I am also quite disappointed about the new dire wolves. Sure they look better than the older ones but as Wickerman71 also pointed out I was expecting something along the lines of the chaos warhounds only more skeletal looking. These fall quite a bit short in my opinion.

As a last comment this spearhed box looks like something that you could conceivably use (by bying two or three; like I intend to do) to make a respectable army if you can't be bothered to wait for the normal releases. I am very grateful it is not like the ridiculous HE box which was filled with characters and was practically useful only as a way to get the new models not to make an army.

P.S. three cheers to McBaine for the skoop!
    Quote Originally Posted by philbrad2 View Post
    You've hit the nail on the head.... "Codex:CSM - The margarine of evil, the diet Coke of evil, just 1 calorie ... not evil enough!"
    Quote Originally Posted by IcedCrow View Post
    Scenario - Lulz
    Special Rules - One player only needs to score 1/4 of the scenario points value to win. Roll a D6 or punch your opponent in the face. Whoever rolls highest OR bleeds the most gets to pick. The winner may wear the fabled Belt of Win and gets his face on the cover of White Dwarf.
    <

Unsure about these models TBH. The spearhead seems lacking to me although maybe I'm looking for too much for my money.
    <

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast