Hi guys,

In many articles/tutorials, I see the term 'glazing', usually in the context of washing with an ink or very watered-down ordinary colour.

What exactly is meant by this?

I see in other writings, people mention inking after all the highlights/shadows are done to 'bring the colours together' (for lack of a better term!!) - is this glazing or is that something else?

Does glazing take the place of inking?

Thanks in advance!