Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Fantasy Flight Games to publish WFRP, DH and Talisman

Librarian

Re: Fantasy Flight Games to publish WFRP, DH and Talisman

I was about to give you a "thanks" reds8n when I noticed the thanks option isn't there any more.

But thank you anyway, I didn't notice they had put all those games up as well.

Funny how you miss things eh !

You're welcome.

I happen to live about 10 minutes away from the Fantasy Flight Games headquarters. If you all want I could pop in some time and see what is what. This is very exciting to me because I just got the Dark Heresy book and was kind of disappointed when I heard that Black Industries was shutting down.

I tell you reading this article lifted my spirits:
    http://blackindustries.com/?template...t&newsitem=359

Actually their location is about 5 minutes away from my gaming store that I go to play on Mondays. I think I might actually pop in and find out what is what. I sent them an email asking if they were willing to chat.
    The more we do to you the less you believe we are doing it.

Librarian

Well that might answer *half* of our questions. The FAQ on the FFG website answered pretty much everything they could. It's really only GW that can answer the controversial questions. Like, "Why was there no open bidding process?"

I suppose you could ask them, "How come you managed to get the rights to publish the most eagerly awaited RPG for a decade?"

I'd say it in those terms too as I suspect if you asked, "GW told everyone else that it would be several months before they looked at any bids for the BI product line, so how come they made the deal with you in a few weeks?" they might not be quite so forthcoming.
    Last edited by AGC; 01-03-2008 at 19:34. Reason: Remembered a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Doc Grotsnik View Post
    Sadly, Dark Future is one of the few games I never did get round to playing. I think it disappeared just as I was fully immersing in the hobby.

If I can get my hands on a copy of the rules, can anyone recommend suitable weapons to bung on to Matchbox Cars? If I can find suitable alternatives, then I really do only need the rules.
    You should also consider Car Wars. It was the original game that GW used to make Battlecars which became Dark Future. Car Wars 5.0 was updated in 2002.

Sorry about the thread hijack.

Found this site seems to have record sheets etc and a few bits and bobs of use to anyone who wants to play DF.

Librarian

Post Re: Fantasy Flight Games to publish WFRP, DH and Talisman

I see that BI has closed all the forums now that FFG has opened it's own.

I suppose that now the deed is done the only thing left to be said is, "I hope they make as good a job of it as Black Industries did."

FFG are looking for staff to take forward the Warhammer and Warhammer 40k roleplaying lines: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/jobs.html
    Breathe deep... and visit Scent of a Gamer.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10