Thread: Vampires 1500, knightly charge!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vampires 1500, knightly charge!

Ok, this is a risky army, because it doesnt have a lot of magic for a 1500, but it does have alot of hitting power, which is what im gunning for, if he puts his mages on foot, my vampire wolf will chew on them, if they are in a unit, itl be that unit i go for first with the knights, because i reckon these knights can take a unit in the front, with a little help, every time.

Vampire,
    Level 2,
    Helm of command (gives a unit the vamps WS, as long as vamp is out of combat)
    Black periapt (Stores a magic dice)
    Avatar of death (not sure to go for 3+ save or great weapon, as this will be my general)

Vampire,
    Infinate hatred (re roll to hit)
    Talisman of wolf (M9)
    Flayed H (2+ save)
    Walking death (+1 combat res)
    Sword of battle (+1 A)

Wight King
    Barded Steed
    Lance
    BsB
    The hand of dust (power Lvl 3, unit in base takes 2d6 S5 hits)

Core

23x Skeletons
    Full Command
    Banner of the dead legion (doubles unit strength)

23x zombies
    Command

Corpse Cart
    Balefire (all enemy mages are -1 to cast withing 24")

Special

3x Fell bats

7x Black knights
    Barding
    Full command
    Banner of strigos (Hatred)

Rare

Varghulf

Right, the idea is that they wont be expecting hand of dust on a wraith, and they will see i have no bound spells soon enough, so the knights hit (always marching due to varghulf) and get 8 or 9 S7 attacks, with hatred, and should have wiped out a rank or 2 in the magic phase.

Although 5 power dice is a risk, im hoping my ability to kill mages will make up for this.

I am considering giving the general the book of arkhan and something, but that means losing a dice storage, but gaining a spell they have to stop every turn. However that leaves him more open to attack.

The corpse cart is there to again minimize magic, i usually have a necromancer on it, in a unit of skeletons, but then i can have the wight, and he is pretty integral.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Spirit; 05-03-2008 at 23:34.