Sorry if this was already discussed (I searched this forum but did not see any previous threads). I'm just getting into WH40k and I'm planning a Blood Angels army list before I go out and start buying models so I can start assembling & painting. It seems that the new edition will have a lot changes that will affect my planned BA army list. This was the 1,000 point list I planned on using for weeknight games at my local GW:

HQ: Lemartes
Elites: DC (3 free +2) w/ JP
Elites: VAS (5) w/ PF, FL & MG
Troops: 2 x Tac Squad (10) w/ PF, MG & LC + Rhino

My plan was to combat squad the tac squads, load the PF & MG into the rhinos, use them as cover for the DC and VAS and fire support with the LCs. Here are the rumors that have me rethinking my list:

Run - really makes the rhino for tac squads less necessary at 40 pts each, especially now that those tac squads will give a +4 cover save to those assault squads running into position behind them (i.e. meatshield tac squads).

Wound allocation - makes 5 man combat squads with a vet sgt with PF less viable than 10 man squads with 2 special weapons (FL & MG).

Troops only scoring units - this is a tough one - I really wanted to use the DC and VAS squads as my decisive units but this change is making me rethink this, especially if the tac squads are meatshields for the elites.

Based on these changes I thought about switching to this list:

Elites: DC (3 free +5) w/ JP
Troops: 2 x Tac Squad (10) w/ FL & MG
Troops: RAS (10) w/ PF

I hate to give up the VAS, and I'm worried about the lack of long range AT by dropping the LC combat squads. I've come up with a third list that keeps the VAS but adds heavy support:

Elites: DC (3 free +2) w/ JP
Elites: VAS (5) w/ PF, FL & MG
Troops: 2 x Tac Squad (10) w/ FL & MG
Heavy: Dev Squad (5) w/ 4 ML

This list seems much more balanced but might not have the troops left at the end to take and hold objectives.

If anyone is still reading at this point I really appreciate some feedback on these lists. I'm eager to start my army but I don't want to buy the models until I'm sure I've got an army that can win a few games when the 5th edition comes out. Thanks!