Thread: Terminator Gang

Terminator Gang

I've been glancing at Necromunda, i have yet to check out the rules completly but i like the idea of a skirmish warhammer 40k game. I'd like to start out with models i already have the problem beeing i play Deathwing! Yeah i have nothing but terminators in my arsenal which due to base size also makes it harder to proxxy.

There for i wonder if there's a modification to look at for terminator armoured models to make a sort of "Deathwing Gang"

Or is this a completly no no idea?

Re: Terminator Gang

To be honest, it's really not a balanced or good idea at all. Even introducing Space Marines is a bit of a stretch. The average ganger isn't much better than an Imperial Guardsman. Plus the setting really doesn't have any reason for Space Marines to turn up apart from Imperial Fists as Necromunda is their recruiting planet.

The nearest you get to Space Marines are Planetary Defense Force Deserters in the Ash Wastes setting... And they're Imperial Guard! (In other words, not close at all...)

I'd seriously recommend investing in some plastic Imperial Guard (Catachan) figures and using them as Orlocks or Goliaths instead. One box plus some extra weaponry (buy, trade or beg) gives you a gang. The game is great and customising your own gangers is a huge part of the fun.

In short, Terminators are a no-no (outside of special scenarios).

The closest thing to a Terminator would be a Spyrer Patriarch. That one can wipe out a newbie gang in one go. Overpowered. A Patriarch will only show up if the gang is massively outnumbered or will take on a gangrating up to 1500 on his own. As the starting credits are 1000 for all gangs, you might stretch it to even put 1 terminator on the table.
    Expecially considering the fluff. Also It's too dangerous for a lone terminator to go down.. who will watch your -too valuable- back when you have to blast open the 100th door to be able to fit through.
    Fluff wise, and propably OK would be to use a close combat Terminator (with those thunder? claws) as proxy for a Orrus ganger (cost 185) and buy 163 experience.
    You start with 1000 creds - 185cr= 815 credits to buy experience 815/5=163 That will get you 8 upgrades. Enough for a model similar in stats to a Veteran Marine.
    Playing with Spyrers will soon be a bit dull, so please follow fen's advice if you're pressed for money.
    It's fun to have another underhiver enter the fray

Nah money's not the problem i have a stable incomst but i would have rather tried out the game with models i have before i buy a gang, thanks though i'll look into getting some smaller bases and proxxying some games with current gangs. Im looking into Enforcers mostly because i like their models and the little fluff i've read about them

Imagine a bunch of grots squabbling over a piece of meat. Then a Stompa comes in and takes it from them.

That's about what a Terminator would do in necromunda.
    Many a Sentinal pilot has hesitated to call his vehicle a walking coffin after battling beside Dreadnoughts.

The one downside to being a non conformist: Good roll models are hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Deltrax View Post
    Fluff wise, and propably OK would be to use a close combat Terminator (with those thunder? claws) as proxy for a Orrus ganger (cost 185) and buy 163 experience.
    You start with 1000 creds - 185cr= 815 credits to buy experience 815/5=163 That will get you 8 upgrades. Enough for a model similar in stats to a Veteran Marine.
    Hmm... That sounds interesting Will have to give it a shot one day, just for laughs. Though, you'd prolly be better off using a termie with a power fist & storm bolter or something? Maybe not even a termie, since you could still end up with an armour save of 4+. Depends on the upgrades, i suppose.

remember that a termie in second ed (and necro is based on that) has a 3+ save on TWO D6s.. hard to kill..

just imging the skills a marine would have in necromunda

to get accurate deathwing stats, you will need the 2nd ed angel of death codex. Multiply the points cost by ten for credit rating.
    However, as others have said, you won't get many for your 1000 creds, and they will stomp normal gangers down quite easily.

Commander

I can't remember the costs of 2nd Ed. very well, but for some reason I think a termie squad ran about in the 400 to 500 range after gear. This means for your 1000 pts you would get 1 badass killing machine. Or if you just wanted to play one off games, Have a scenario where all the high level gangs have to put their differences aside and take care of a small 3-4 group of chaos termies walking around the Hive spreading death and destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
    Or if you just wanted to play one off games, Have a scenario where all the high level gangs have to put their differences aside and take care of a small 3-4 group of chaos termies walking around the Hive spreading death and destruction.
    *chuckles*
    I ran just this scenario for GW Luton's 'most wanted 2' campaign.

Commander

*chuckles*
    I ran just this scenario for GW Luton's 'most wanted 2' campaign.
    Well then, I think you owe us a report, or at least the highlights.

My thoughts exactly!

Well, the general scenerio was to have the campaign gangs take on a chaos incursion to further the plot of 'most wanted 2'. Store campaign notes can be found in this thread here. I had a couple of portals/warp gates from which numerous chaos marines, daemons and terminators arrived from. From what I remember (this campaign being over ten years ago...!) The gangs did quite well for themselves, reeling in too much bounty credits. A great laugh all round. I bought one of the old inquisitor models in terminator armour for the scenario. He can now be fond in my damonhunters army here

Termies are definitly too strong and making rules for them, even if they were fair would IMO ruin the setting for the other players.

I guess the closest thing to a terminator I ever used in necro was a single Orrus with loads of experience purchased. None of my opponents enjoyed the game.
    Last edited by Hicks; 16-04-2008 at 06:00.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming like the other people in his car.

Got those old 5th edition lizardmen collecting dust? PM me, I really need more metal skinks with javelins.

I think its doable as long as you come up with some balanced rules, me and my friends are trying something similar, we are using the necromunda rules for some 40k skirmish games (mostly inquisitor and retinue vs cultists).
    The Horus Heresy Collected visions notes that there's a warp jump point above Uranus
    Hurhurhur.....

A picture is worth a thousand words, unless two of those words are Chuck Norris

my adeptus mechanicus project log! http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176971

But, in the older lore, there is a reference to Lord Helmawr requesting the help of Terminators in the Underhive. And the Blood Angels and Ultramarines have contingents there...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbobjeff View Post
    I think its doable as long as you come up with some balanced rules, me and my friends are trying something similar, we are using the necromunda rules for some 40k skirmish games (mostly inquisitor and retinue vs cultists).
    So basically you're playing second edition 40k?
    I'm painting a crapload of quite old models for WFB, 40K, Blood Bowl, Quest, Necromunda, BFG and more. Cheer me on!
    I'm also restoring 20+ old Mk1 Space Marine tanks. Wave your pom-poms!

Models painted (% finished): 2014: 51 (6.6%); 2015: 106 (13.5%); 2016: 163 (22.6%); 2017: 35 (25.2%)

Banned
    Maps used to say there were dragons here...

There were rules for a marine in Necro many moons ago. However, I would say it might be better to do something else because terminators are big models.

1. Use someone elses models if you can for a couple of weeks. You never know, a friend may have some they wouldnt mind you using that they have stored away somewhere.
    2. Look for pics online and print them out, stick to card or whatever and then onto bases. I used to do it years ago with Epic, 40k and WFB for units and models I wanted to try out/ Nice and simple and you can see what they are armed with without much fuss