Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skarsnik's Squig Ambush Force

Veteran Sergeant

Skarsnik's Squig Ambush Force

So I wanted to get a bit fluffy for my 2K Night Goblin Army. Its been a long time coming but I want to try and get some of this stuff done before I go nuts with all of these models laying around.

Inspired by Skarsnik's use of Squig's and ambushing this is my list minus any items. They all have a squig theme other than the core.

Skarsnik and Gobbla

Night Goblin Big Boss on a Giant Squig

x2 Night Goblin Shamans, lvl 2

x2 30 Night Goblins w/2 Fanatics (Shaman in each unit)
    30 Night Goblins w/ 2 Fanatics
    26 Night Goblins w/nets (This is Skarsniks unit)

x3 10 Squig Hoppers
    5 Squig Herds in 1 unit

x2 Doom Divers converted to Squig Chuckers

I think, if my math is right, I am at 1774/2000 pnts. I need some thoughts on items for the Shamans and BB.

Basically the squig herds charge the front and hope to flee. Releasing the squigs into a frenzy and taking out some troops. I was thinking about giving the BB a brimstone and having him try to pick off specific units or models.

Its a chaotic army but it should be fun as all hell. ~190 models though :chrome: Maybe I will even model squigs with balls and chains for the fanatics.

CC and advice please
    Last edited by afghanwhig; 17-04-2008 at 04:17. Reason: Adding point totals
    -afghanwhig

Skarsnik's Squig's - Painting Log|Army Discussion|Battle Log when I finish the damn thing!
    Chaos Dwarf Blood Bowl Team - Coming Soon
    Necrons - Coming Soon

Librarian

Re: Skarsnik's Squig Ambush Force

Looks fun. For the fanatics, consider using the standard gobbo models but put squigs on the end of the chains. If you can't work that out (due to the squigs being, say, metal) how about squigs whirling goblins around above their heads (or just use single squig hoppers on round bases).

Other than that, no real suggestions. I haven't played versus the army enough to say anything other than that it looks very entertaining.
    Not that I'm getting involved.

Veteran Sergeant

Good idea, I think I will use the NG attached to squigs with ropes, a little GS to look like straps should be good.

For the doom diver I am torn between modeling wings for them or using the squigs from 40K with the dynamite attached...maybe both

For gear I am thinking of a few dispell scrolls, brimstone for the BB, possibly one hit wunda as well. Not sure what else though.
    -afghanwhig

Skarsnik's Squig's - Painting Log|Army Discussion|Battle Log when I finish the damn thing!
    Necrons - Coming Soon

Chaplain

I love this list, seems like a lot of fun and yes very chaotic indeed . Maybe the Staff of Sneaky Stealin' for one of your Shaman. Seems very in keeping with the theme you have going on.

I love the idea of the bomb squigs in the doom diver, very cool
    Last edited by redrum; 18-04-2008 at 05:27.

Nothing like a themed army!

What about Fanatics swinging Squigs?!

I've been toying with a spider army myself, using wolf chariots but with spiders pulling them

Very cool army, I love my Squigs and have been thinking of doing the same.

Id give the guy on Giant Cave Squig the Battlebrew and 1 hit wonda though. Even if you roll badly on the Brew, it wont effect him. Stupidity doesnt matter as the Squig always moves straight foward 3d6 anyway, frenzy doesnt matter as..well see above. But you could end up with 4 S10 Attacks re-rolling your misses!. Then the Squig on top of that!.

Quote Originally Posted by afghanwhig View Post
    For the doom diver I am torn between modeling wings for them or using the squigs from 40K with the dynamite attached...maybe both
    Please for the love of god use the 40k ones (or model similar ones). I mean, c'mon now, what's better looking than a giant sling shot firing squigs laden with explosives across the battle field. You could even model catapults the exact same way!

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I love this list, seems like a lot of fun and yes very chaotic indeed . Maybe the Staff of Senaky Stealin' for one of your Shaman. Seems very in keeping with the theme you have going on.

I love the idea of the bomb squigs in the doom diver, very cool
    See Below for the new list with items.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Nothing like a themed army!

What about Fanatics swinging Squigs?!

I've been toying with a spider army myself, using wolf chariots but with spiders pulling them
    ...or squigs swinging fanatics?

Quote Originally Posted by Arguleon-veq View Post

Id give the guy on Giant Cave Squig the Battlebrew and 1 hit wonda though. Even if you roll badly on the Brew, it wont effect him. Stupidity doesnt matter as the Squig always moves straight foward 3d6 anyway, frenzy doesnt matter as..well see above. But you could end up with 4 S10 Attacks re-rolling your misses!. Then the Squig on top of that!.
    I agree fun stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by minionboy View Post
    Please for the love of god use the 40k ones (or model similar ones). I mean, c'mon now, what's better looking than a giant sling shot firing squigs laden with explosives across the battle field. You could even model catapults the exact same way!
    Hehe I think I am sold on this as well.

So my list is updated:

Skarsnik and Gobbla
    Night Goblin Big Boss riding a Giant Squig: One Hit Wunda, Brimstone Bauble
    Night Goblin Shaman: Lvl 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealing
    Night Goblin Shaman: Lvl 2, Dispell Scroll x2

30 Night Goblins: Hand Weapons, Shields, 2 Fanatics [Shaman]
    30 Night Goblins: Hand Weapons, Shields, 2 Fanatics
    26 Night Goblins: Hand Weapons, Shield, Nets [Skarsnik]

10 Squig Hoppers
    10 Squig Hoppers
    10 Squig Hoppers
    5 Squig Herds

Doom Diver [Converting to a Squig Diver]

Key:
    Red = Not Started
    Orange = Primed but not started
    Yellow = Some paint is done
    Green = Finished

This puts me at 1888/2000 right now. Any suggestions?
    -afghanwhig

Necrons - Coming Soon

Suggestions?

Take pics

Don't forget Collar of Zorga for 5pts.
    Keeps him safe from all sorts of beasties.

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Suggestions?

Take pics
    Will do this weekend...it wont be much, I need to buy a lot of the army still, but I will be putting together Skarsnik, BB, Both Shamans, Think I have a few hoppers right now, and possibly a unit. I dont know what I will get painted though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseer View Post
    Don't forget Collar of Zorga for 5pts.
    Keeps him safe from all sorts of beasties.
    Thanks, I will take a look at that when I get home.
    -afghanwhig

Necrons - Coming Soon

I wouldnt put the Bauble on a guy that costs that many points. I reckon your better off with the Brew and keeping him alive to keep causing Havok, hes a hard little character and should be getting the charge so it shouldnt be that easy to kill him.

i love the idea of squid catapults maybe instead of doom divers stone throwers with no bully but as you said "squig" throwers
    " Rules Were Made To Be Broken"

Veteran Sergeant

I wouldnt put the Bauble on a guy that costs that many points. I reckon your better off with the Brew and keeping him alive to keep causing Havok, hes a hard little character and should be getting the charge so it shouldnt be that easy to kill him.
    I will give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by connorz View Post
    i love the idea of squid catapults maybe instead of doom divers stone throwers with no bully but as you said "squig" throwers
    I wanted Stone Throwers but because I have so many units of Squigs for the Special category I moved it over to the Doom Diver to fill the rare slot since nothing else there really fit the Squiggy theme. Although a Squig Pump Wagon could work

Does anyone have any suggestions for the last 110 points? Maybe just another unit of NG?
    -afghanwhig

Necrons - Coming Soon

Yeah another unit of NG, with Nets. I tink that should do ya ^_^ look forward to seeing this out on the field
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Micha View Post
    *either I dice Jesus, or I Fail horribly it seems... either way I use lots of Blast weapons*

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    He is going to be armed with two thunder hammers just for the ridiculousness of it.

id say bump up Skarsniks unit of Night Gobbos. Cos if it's that small it won't last very long
    Fantasy GT Heat 3. Daemons 3-1-2 WILD CARD!!!!

Fantasy GT final 1-0-5 5th from bottom!!!!

High Elves- 2/2/1

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Uriain View Post
    Yeah another unit of NG, with Nets. I tink that should do ya ^_^ look forward to seeing this out on the field
    I think I will add more numbers to Skarsniks team as suggested. I might be able to also bump up something else as well but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by destroyerhive View Post
    id say bump up Skarsniks unit of Night Gobbos. Cos if it's that small it won't last very long
    Good Idea, I think I might bump it up a bit...or a lot.
    -afghanwhig

Necrons - Coming Soon

Veteran Sergeant

Well I started today. I put together my BB on the Squig, Skarsnik, and 2 Shamans. I must say that the Gobbla model sucks! The mouth fits like crap, both legs fit like crap and he doesn't fit the base right so I had to trim off parts of his foot so it would fit.

I love the painting part of it but the prep portion sucks. I spent the last few hours, cleaning the models and using GS...mainly on Gobbla.

For prepping I cleaned the model with a soft bristle toothbrush and some common dish soap. After they were dry I clipped off any flash and worked the mold lines with a hobby razor, large mold lines I used a bit of fine grit sandpaper and then the hobby knife to smooth it out a bit.

I glued portion of the model together that needed to be pre-joined but left off bits that were easy to glue on and left little to no visible gaps. I will paint these separate and glue them after painting.

I will post some pics in my paint log later tonight once I find my usb cord for the camera.
    -afghanwhig

Necrons - Coming Soon

Veteran Sergeant

Click on my project log to see some progress.
    -afghanwhig

Necrons - Coming Soon

Veteran Sergeant

More progress on the painting log in my signature.

I have also updated the list a bit, changed the items on the BB and beefed up Skarsniks NG unit to 36.

I still have 80 points right now though. Do I need any of the command units for the barrage of NG's? Skarsnik is in one unit and one shaman in 2 of the others but that leaves one unit open...add a command? Should I just beef up the units with more NG's? I could drop a fanatic in each of the 3 units and add another unit of 30 with a fanatic. So many possibilities...

Anyway....

Skarsnik and Gobbla
    Night Goblin Big Boss riding a Giant Squig: One Hit Wunda, Brew, Collar, Light Armor
    Night Goblin Shaman: Lvl 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealing
    Night Goblin Shaman: Lvl 2, Dispell Scroll x2

30 Night Goblins: Hand Weapons, Shields, 2 Fanatics
    36 Night Goblins: Hand Weapons, Shield, Nets [Skarsnik]

10 Squig Hoppers
    10 Squig Hoppers
    10 Squig Hoppers
    5 Squig Herds

Key:
    Red = Not Started
    Orange = Primed but not started
    Yellow = Some paint is done
    Green = Finished
    -afghanwhig

Necrons - Coming Soon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast