Thread: My journey in scratch building (Or how I didn't blow too much money on a Macharius)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My journey in scratch building

When the Macharius came out I was getting back into the game. It made me want to put a lot more into my IG army. I like the standard Cadian troops but really liked the new tanks being given to DKOK. So wanting to add some new armour to my army I found a template for the Malcador, and decided to scratch it. It turned out pretty good, and I'll post some pics later (sorry no wip), but I wanted a heavier hitter, but not the Baneblade. I've seen too many, and I don't like the style as much. Then I found the Macharius. I think it is by far the best looking tank available. Low slung, and armed to the teeth, it's what I want to be the mainstay of my armour. Now I personally like building, and am rather stingy, so I figured I could build it. I found a few kit bashed ones on here and else where, but not any completed scratch builds. Starting with the pics FW released of it, and now the drawings in IA IV I've started. I just took some pics, and wish I had done some more, but I'll be taking more as I get work done, and post them up.
    Attachment 37749 This is all that I have done so far. I'm waiting on some tread from a Tiger tank to put the sides all together.
    Attachment 37750 I never realized how much effort would go into doing rivets like this. Their all plastic rod...you know how it works.
    Attachment 37751 I'm especially happy with how my sponsons worked out. On the Malcador I didn't want to put the effort into making it actually move, but I figured out a good way for these.
    Attachment 37752 This is the business end of the hull. I'm happy with how it turned out, but there will be a dozer blade added, that is after I get a lot more of the skeleton of the hull done, and after a few million rivets are put on.
    That's it for now. I'll keep up on this as best I can.
    Last edited by can't_decide; 23-11-2009 at 16:13.