Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Necromunda - unusual weapons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Necromunda - unusual weapons

I have converted an Assault Cannon for my Delaque Heavy. I know it isn't game legal, but it looks cool anyway. I might even get around to making an appropriate costing for the weapon and using it one day.

I was wondering if any of you have come up with some non-Necromunda weapons, converted the miniature, and written up some rules to go with that conversion?
    One shot, one kill.

Re: Necromunda - unusual weapons

Sounds cool. even if you never get to use it as an assault cannon, you can always just call it a fancy autocannon or heavy stubber. With Necromunda, its a lot easier to do conversion work like that and get by with it due to having such few numbers. Especially with heavy/special weapons.
    Post a pic if you can.

Chapter Master

I'd go with about 600 credits, and make sure you keep the rule about triple jams blowing it up completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett
    I'd go with about 600 credits, and make sure you keep the rule about triple jams blowing it up completely.
    Most definately. Where's the fun in an assaultcannon, unless it could blow up?

THs pictures I have attatched are of my Delaque assaultcannon heavy, my Delaque Sniper, and my Delaque biker.
    One shot, one kill.

I built a PlasmaCannon for my Delaque heavy out of an Eldar Dreadnought weapon. I added a tonne of wires and a massive backpack. I used the heavy mini who is holding a HeavyStubber aloft.
    I am available for digital artwork commissions. If you are interested please PM me.

Chapter Master

Would you like to consider adding some sort of bracer to that assault cannon, maybe a pole tucked inside the heavy's back foot? I have a suspicion the recoil may result in some... misplacement of limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett
    Would you like to consider adding some sort of bracer to that assault cannon, maybe a pole tucked inside the heavy's back foot? I have a suspicion the recoil may result in some... misplacement of limbs.
    No, only because I have based this conversion on the two soldiers in the first Predator movie, who used the minigun.

In Predator, an American special forces soldier wears a portable minigun and operates it in a tactically impossible manner, as a hand-held machine gun. The famous film sequence was captured in typical Hollywood fashion: with specially constructed props and with little regard for the minigun's real-life tactical employment. First, the actor's (Jesse Ventura) weapon, though authentic, fired specially loaded, reduced-charged blanks, as full-charge ammo would produce too much recoil. Second, the external electrical power to spin the gun barrels was supplied through a cable hidden underneath the actor's uniform, giving the false impression of a self-powered unit. And finally, the minigun's longest on-screen firing time exceeded 20 (continuous) seconds. A real minigun (at 4,000 rpm) would consume 1,300 rounds of 7.62 mm ammo, weighing over 100 lb (55 kg). Although not an unrealistic load for a muscle-bound soldier, it is doubtful that such a burdensome weapon system would be carried behind enemy lines, on foot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minigun

I have gone purely for what looks good, not what's practical.

Thank you Boogle, the biker took me quite a while to convert (it has parts from 8 different miniatures).
    One shot, one kill.

very nice conversions, especially making the biker look so good (wish i was that good)
    Elysians Blog (now with added Deathwatch): http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...25#post5042725

New Review site, we cover GW/BL/All forms of geekery: http://www.fiftyshadesofgeek.org/, also on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/50shadesofgeek and twitter @shadesofgeek

Chapter Master

fair enough, just a thought.

But, I had considered putting bipods on the heavy bolter and the autocannon, like the SM Scout heavy bolter. I just couldn't make it fit and look good.
    One shot, one kill.

Chapter Master

Hmm, some time ago in the Necromunda mags, there were rules for the Chaos Cutists with (unofficial) minigun rules.

Not sure if they went up anywhere, but seems a little more reasonable thn a full Assault Cannon.
    "They have their moments - although I've had to persuade at least three alien races not to invade the Earth on the strength of Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" - Doctor Who's opinion of the Carpenters, "Relative Dementias" written by Mark Michaelowski

Rules As Written doesn't always make for a fun game.

I converted the miniature purely for the pleasure of owning a one of a kind miniature, never dreaming that I would ever be able to use it (Firstly, only a raving looney would ever permit me to actually include it in a game, unless it was a multi-player, Necromunda gangs Vs Genestealer incursion. Secondly, it would represent around 700 to 800 of my points, sunk into just one gang member, a very tempting target, and an unrecoverable loss when the assault cannon blows up).

The cultist's minigun rules sound promising, could you please direct me to where I could find a copy please?
    One shot, one kill.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlaw
    I converted the miniature purely for the pleasure of owning a one of a kind miniature, never dreaming that I would ever be able to use it (Firstly, only a raving looney would ever permit me to actually include it in a game, unless it was a multi-player, Necromunda gangs Vs Genestealer incursion. Secondly, it would represent around 700 to 800 of my points, sunk into just one gang member, a very tempting target, and an unrecoverable loss when the assault cannon blows up).

The cultist's minigun rules sound promising, could you please direct me to where I could find a copy please?

To the best of my knowledge the rules are only in Gang War issue 2. Mail Order may be able to lay their hands on a copy, otherwise you'll have to try the wanted section. The weapon is actually called a Gatling Cannon, and is described as looking like an Assault Cannon.

Briefly, it costs the same as a Heavy Bolter. It is almost a Heavy Stubber, but it loses 8" at long range (and 4" at short range), gains 1 sustained fire die and the ammo roll is 1 "pip" worse.
    "They have their moments - although I've had to persuade at least three alien races not to invade the Earth on the strength of Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" - Doctor Who's opinion of the Carpenters, "Relative Dementias" written by Mark Michaelowski

Chapter Master

hell, I'd play against it, just for the fun of seeing it in action. What sort of ammo roll are you thinking, 4+? 6+? I think 4+ would probably be sufficient given the number of times it's going to jam. I would definitely be keeping my guys spread out. Have you seen lock stock and two smoking barrels? I'm thinking kind of like the absurdly large machine gun in that.

Thanks for that Wolf Lord Bjork.

Jo Bennett - I was thinking of using actual sustained fire dice, more chance of jams.
    One shot, one kill.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlaw
    Thanks for that Wolf Lord Bjork.

Jo Bennett - I was thinking of using actual sustained fire dice, more chance of jams.
    So was I, but you still have to take an ammo roll every time you roll a jam, bon't you?

I don't know, but the walls are melting - Newcastle

If it was used as an Assault cannon it would have have short 1-10" +1 long 11-30" +/-0 and -1 to hit unless model has S5+(this is rare, but possible) S7 sustained 3 dice +5 ammo,
    Penetro Est Incus Ab Arum
    Quote Originally Posted by precinctomega
    Noooooo! Pick them up to play Inquisitor! It's an awesome game and more fun than a bag of squirrels!

Yes, definately.

I'm going to have to make some time so I can write up some rules for this assault cannon.
    One shot, one kill.

Chapter Master

Oh, I forgot about blowing up.

Blows up like Assault Cannon, causes S4 hit on user. Normal repair rules apply (i.e. repaired for next game as default).

Chapter Master

I think the triple jam blow up should be more devastating, like the user automatically going out of action, and the cannon needing 10% base cost to repair, and the assistance of one ganger in post game. Normal blow ups follow normal rules.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast