Page 52 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3138

Thread: Solun's Tabletop & Board Game Miniatures

Re: 1500 points of Chaos - Countdown to completion

Good to see the good work continuing while i've been away ,looking good my friend . havem't you been a busy boy . Diorama is ace by the way .
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143656
    "Sons of Odin - Guardians of Asgaard"
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214449
    Purgers of Purity ......emperors children
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321316
    Titan Wolfe's little side tracks

Veteran Sergeant Daemonlordabraxes's Avatar

Also where did you get those wicked looking pre heresy style jump packs from?
    Chapter House Studios, you can also get similar ones from Maxmini.eu

Looking really good so far Solun, loving them.
    6th Edition W/L/D Record.

Eldar - 2/2/1.

Dark Angels - 5/2/1.

Chaos - 1/0/0.

Love your Khornate Marines!
    Curious how the Raptor Squad turns out!
    Omnomnom...OGRES!
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...-cult-ogres%29
    DYSTOPIAN WARS and INFINITY!!
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5645298
    "They are more than mortal, they are steel and they are doom. And the greatest of them all are the PINK ANGELS."
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256678

Woah dudes! Lots of replies and I've just been slacking off on summer vacation. I decided to finish something before replying myself so here's last night and today's work. But first, replyplies (or re-replies?):

@warflag: Thanks man! My black primer is more and more just sitting unused on my shelf. I aggree on the size of the jump packs. I really felt they were huge when I opened the package. However, the pre-heresy look allows for some extremes in proportions so I think they'll be OK in the end

@Daemonlordabraxes: Heh! Didn't play fallout myself but googled and it has a similar feel to it.

@t0rtured-s0ul: Thanks man! The whole light sourcing on the SH diorama was a huge new thing for me and I'm really glad it's getting noticed
    I'm no expert on sculpting so the only advice I have is try stuff out, remember that you can always just clean the GS off and start over (and you'll probably do a better job the second time around anyway) and practice! Nice sculpting tools also really help.
    Packs are from Chapterhouse Studios as has been stated.

@ Titan Wolfe: Thanks man! Good to see you around. Wish I was more busy in the hobby but it's something

@Daemonlordabraxes: Yup, correct! I have a hard time finding stuff on the maxmini site though.

@The_Dark_Raven: Thanks man! Hope you like what I've done with them now

@Aedes: Thanks! Uh, me too

Soooo ... I've painted the main colors on the four remaining raptors, bone white and NMM gold. I like the bone parts but I really got lazy on the NMM so it's a bit hurried.

That leaves black parts, grey/chrome NMM and small details ... and the backpacks of course!

Thanks for checking by everybody. Hope I'll have them finished by tomorrow night.
    Check out the Tale of Board Game Painters in the group project logs!

All my miniature painting in one combined log - index in first post - 40K CSM, Fantasy O&G, Boardgames and other random stuff

Solun!!

They look amazing mate! I LOVE the custom heads. I may have to snag that idea!

I hope things have been well for you mate, things on this end have been a tad tough. The wife has takena turn for the worse and has been hospitalized for the time being. We dont know when she can get out so as such ive been spending alot of time with her.

ive been doing some modeling but mainly just selling my personal stuff on ebay.

Your thread has motivated me to get on the ball and as soon as i can re start my nurgle army thats slowly being sold off

Stay safe and healthy mate! And keep up the amazing work!
    Redstar's Loggy of Chaos!
    Redstar goes Khroney!! Scratch Built Khrone Super Heavies WIP Log On Hold
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feral View Post
    You're mad you are. Mad and have lots of plastic card to hand. That's a badass combination if I ever saw one!
    http://miniaturewargameconversions.blogspot.com/

Hey man! Long time!
    I was wondering how you were doing, as I hadn't seen you around since one of your threads got weird with some commission customer's comments and then later went offline. Then again, I haven't really been active here lately myself.
    I hope you guys are doing alright, considering, and that you can stick to some of the fun hobby stuff (and get a little cash from it too ) while you get through this.
    I'm glad if I have an impact on your work. PM if you feel like it.
    Thanks for the comment!

All my miniature painting in one combined log - index in first post - 40K CSM, Fantasy O&G, Boardgames and other random stuff

They look awesome.
    The NMM-gold seems a bit rushed in places (as you said) but in all, it's great and unique work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frep
    Mainly because the Death Korps list is about as survivable as a herd of drunken sheep with nitroglycerine strapped to their sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacker
    I've spent more on GW stuff in the past 20 years than I have on cars....

They look great! I'm intrigued to see them with their finished jumppacks.

Some very slick work SD!

Commander

NMM looks good. W.i.p models looking good!
    Certainly on your way to an impressive army!
    Your views much appreciated as I need all the help I can get!
    My WH blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195162
    My Iron warriors and word bearers project log http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260551
    Imperial Blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288036
    Xenos Blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288038

Your army looks amazing so far.
    And as previous speakers already said, the wips on the zerkers looks awsome.
    Keep up the good work!

Thanks dudes! I'm really trying to get this finished now. You've all been great with the comments but there's only so much thread space that any single 5 man unit can deserve.
    I find it helps my motivation to get things glued together and I get frustrated painting everything in pieces, so I shaded the jump packs, closest to where they stick to the marines and did a little practice run on the chrome NMM, where it'll hardly be noticable anyway.

This photo is more documentation for myself but since I took it I might as well post it:

And this is my desk right now:

They're really properly glued on now, spuperglue + greenstuff and the works.

Please feel free to keep commenting, but I'm not posting again until I've got photos of these guys finished!

From what we can see they look terrific!!

Chapter Master

Personal note (sorry it's off topic): If anyone's having problems in their lives, I wish you all the hope in the world...if anything's taught me about this year, it's that things can (and definitely do) get better.

Right, back to topic: Solun, these are amazing! I'd really like to be able to paint like this one day....your "hurried" standard is so much better than my best - I'm in awe of your skills.
    Trying to contact living relatives of Sam 'Jock' Wilson, KIA 10.06.44, UK army id 2764432, from Morley, West Yorkshire, England. Served with Black Watch Regiment & 6 Commando.
    Facing the Tau's Third Expansion, many Guard units were routed from the field or driven to suicide by the horrifying and infectious battle-cry of Commander Shadowsun [redacted for the safety of the reader]: "I'm blu*...da ba dee...da ba di...da b* dee...da ba di..."

What's left to say? - Great as always! The jumppacks look very fitting - the more slender packs of the usual Raptors wouldn't look brutal enough for your army.

Can't wait for the finished products as currently they look stunning, a deadly squad I would love to have on the battlefield any day. Really nice job and attention paid on these guys.
    6th Edition W/L/D Record.

Eldar - 2/2/1.

Dark Angels - 5/2/1.

Chaos - 1/0/0.

Yay! My posting abstinence is now over as I have finished models...

@Mega Nutz: Thanks, and today I'm going for that "for what we can see" by photographing the Models in big terrain and not super close up

@andyg2006: yeah, that's a nice thing to have in mind, and I sure hope you're right. Thanks for the comment man. These models are a huge improvement for me but I still usually get a little disappointed after I've improved 'cos then I feel I could do anything and reach a bit too far

@Dezmord: Thanks my friend! "Brutal" is fitting, and I think the helmets and the bone colored parts underline that feeling a bit.

@The_Dark_Raven: Thanks man! Much appreciated. And here's the finished product right now:

I decided to break my "width: 800" rule on this photo. Most people have much bigger monitors than that anyway, right?

Not much to say, really, except that I couldn't find my PVA after moving house but I found an ancient tube of "UHU All Purpose Adhesive" and used that instead. Felt a bit like trying to spread a ball of snot thinly over a model's base. Also didn't hold much, but after liberally applying Chaos Black over, the sand sticks just as well.

I'll do individual closeups andalternative angles later, so you can see how hurried this really was towards the end, but for now let's enjoy them where they look best, on the battle field!

Excellence achieved once again as expected, I still envy your ability to paint Power Armour better than I can. :P
    http://circusofpaint.wordpress.com

Participating in the Tale of Age of Sigmar 2015 - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LokkoRex View Post
    ...seems like everything Mister Feral do turns 24-carat hobby gold.

@Mr Feral: Heh, thanks! I should know Power Armor as it's just about all I've painted Still can't get the red to blend right. Which is why I bought a small box of 3 snap-fit Space Marines to experiment with different mixes and shades. After all, I've got a whole Space Hulk of Blood Angels to paint, as well as it being the main color of my CSM army :P

So, just to properly finish off this project, here are all round close-ups of each Marine in the unit. I kind of gave up on trying to get the gold NMM right on the Jump packs, and just decided that having the colors right was good enough for the scheme.

OK, now that that's behind us, next up: finish that Khornate Land Raider Conversion I started god knows how long ago. Had it more or less finished, apart from filling it with skulls and blood ... and painting of course!

C&C always very much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Page 52 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast