Page 26 of 157 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Solun's Tabletop & Board Game Miniatures

Re: 1500 points of Chaos - Countdown to completion

Quote Originally Posted by T_55 View Post
    Very cool. Are you sure theres still enough room to transport the marines ?
    Hehe, it's chaos in there, who knows what they'll fit in!
    Even without the extra stuff, you're hard presseed to fit 10 marines in anyway and the nurgling keg party was just too fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Dezmord View Post
    Well, you know that I'm still not sold on light-brown on plague marines, but I have to admit that the colour looks great on vehicles, especially with all the streaks.

May I ask for a picture of one of your brown plague marines next to the rhino?
    Thanks ... I'm not completely sold on streaked vehicles myself, so I guess we differ there too. It's still the best way to keep it somewhat in style with my marines' scheme.
    I hope I'll finish the rhino today as well as little final fixes on the last (of the first ten) Plague Marines. Then I'll post a little unit shot!
    Check out the Tale of Board Game Painters in the group project logs!

All my miniature painting in one combined log - index in first post - 40K CSM, Fantasy O&G, Boardgames and other random stuff

Awesome Havok launcher on the rhino. The Hull color is a nice shade of brown. Will it be more Bleached bone colored in the end? If not, still good.

wow, those converted terminators look amazing. i especially like how the khorne symbol turned out. great stuff.

some of your green stuff conversions are rediculously good! i love the guy with the scorpion tail thing, with the dead beakie marine hanging over his head!

the juggernaught rider turned out awesome as well. i know i shouldnt just be drooling over your army, but it is great!

Fantastic army! Besides being great paintjobs what really brings out this army is the palette which is awesome

R
    I'm on Facebook and I've got a blog as bigbossredskullz.

Team Anarchy, a norwegian gaming community.

Thanks ... I'm not completely sold on streaked vehicles myself, so I guess we differ there too.
    You know that this would never had happened, if you hadn't insisted on painting the marines light-brown?

Well, I guess marines AND vehicles in that colours will look pretty cool on tabletop.

EDIT: Ha! I made the page-turn again

Woah! Cool ... bunch of replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator View Post
    Awesome Havok launcher on the rhino. The Hull color is a nice shade of brown. Will it be more Bleached bone colored in the end? If not, still good.
    I did a little extra highlight of pure Bleached Bone and then BB/white mix. Originally I imagined I'd work the whole thing more up towards Bleached Bone but it'll be like this for a while, but with a whiter highlight. The doors are actually whiter than the rest, just to have some distinction in the scheme.
    Oh, and that Havoc Launcher might be considered sacrilege so thanks for noticing. I used 2 out of the 3 old RT1 Missile Launchers I have to make that (and now I need some way of making another with just one left).

Quote Originally Posted by rottahn View Post
    wow, those converted terminators look amazing. i especially like how the khorne symbol turned out. great stuff.

some of your green stuff conversions are rediculously good! i love the guy with the scorpion tail thing, with the dead beakie marine hanging over his head!

the juggernaught rider turned out awesome as well. i know i shouldnt just be drooling over your army, but it is great!
    Thanks man! I appreciate you looking through the whole thing to see all that stuff. I'm pretty proud of the Termies and I've got to paint the Nurgle Lord with Beaky on top soon. It's been WIP (off and on) for a year now!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Skullz View Post
    Fantastic army! Besides being great paintjobs what really brings out this army is the palette which is awesome

R
    Thanks! The red and black are a pretty straight forward idea, I guess. I try to make the pallette more interesting with bone/brown trims mixed in with gold trims as well as just picking every skull out in a bone color and every detail in some sort of metallic or other fitting color.

You know that this would never had happened, if you hadn't insisted on painting the marines light-brown?

Well, I guess marines AND vehicles in that colours will look pretty cool on tabletop.

EDIT: Ha! I made the page-turn again
    Haha! Well, to test that theory I'll just have to take a little table top unit photo and se how that looks, terrain and all.
    (now you need to get the next two pages for another hat-trick )

Anyway ... I've got to finish the metallics on the rhino and the base on one (I think) Plague Marine before I can take a unit photo. Let's see if that happens tonight!

All my miniature painting in one combined log - index in first post - 40K CSM, Fantasy O&G, Boardgames and other random stuff

Cool stuff, the CSM came out really well and I'll echo the positive statements made about the blending work on the chainsword.

Whilst I'm on the subject of blending, great work on the Rhino too so far!
    http://circusofpaint.wordpress.com

Participating in the Tale of Age of Sigmar 2015 - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LokkoRex View Post
    ...seems like everything Mister Feral do turns 24-carat hobby gold.

Thanks Feral!

I finished the Rhino and the last fixes on the Plague Marines last night. However, after that, I opted for sleep rather than a photo shoot! I'll try to post first thing after work today.
    In the meantime I updated the Opening Post.

OK, the Rhino is ready for tournament! Compared to the Marines it should maybe be worked further up towards white. I'd also like to smooth the layers out a bit so it's not so blatantly streaked but it's good enough for now.

It's always fun to add some atmo-photos too. I also did a shot from this same point of view that was a bit clearer with more depth of field and everything in pretty good focus. This one was just somehow cooler
    (maybe if I'd have added these sooner, someone wouldn't have gone out of their way to lower the rating on my thread )

Whheeeeeyyy hhheeeyyyy !! totally awesome . Solun my friend ,istay away for a while and on my return you always manage to surpass yourself and amaze yet again .Insipring work dude .....keep the faith.
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143656
    "Sons of Odin - Guardians of Asgaard"
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214449
    Purgers of Purity ......emperors children
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321316
    Titan Wolfe's little side tracks

That rhino turned out really good!
    You really should paint more nurgley stuff^^

@Titan Wolfe: Thank you for the kind words my friend! I always try to push my envelope a bit and keep it interesting.
    I checked out your new army photos ... impressive stuff! I hadn't realized how big your army already was. I think I'm going to have to do one of those myself soon

@Cassarus: Thanks man! Yes, I should. The way I'm doing the Nurgle part of this army just takes soooo long! But that's cause each one of them deserves the very best from grandpa nurgle, eh?

OK, all I've got here are odl photos that I've already posted (sometime in november). But just to have the complete Plague Rhino paint job here I'll post these inside photos again.

Same rhino, old photos:

Thanks for passing by and C&C at will!

Ok, I have to admit that the groupshot of the marines with their rhino finally convinced me: brown plague marines look good on tabletop.

That Rhino rocks! Great work! I especially like the crew compartment. Those maggots look awesome!

Cheers,
    Monsterzonk :skull:

Ok, I have to admit that the groupshot of the marines with their rhino finally convinced me: brown plague marines look good on tabletop.
    Heh, thanks
    I think those photos came out cool and I like the way the whole unit (army?) looks on the tabletop.
    While I'm painting and taking photos I'm so close and small details and bad brush strokes bug me, but when I just put them on the table and look at the whole thing I'm really happy with the look. I still have to figure out how I apply the scheme to the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterzonk View Post
    That Rhino rocks! Great work! I especially like the crew compartment. Those maggots look awesome!
    Thanks man. I really got carried away doing all the maggots and I don't regret it now. Much more could have been rediculous but any less and they might not have caught the right feel.
    Since I did them in the Rhino I started making them a defining factor on the marines themselves too. They really added a "missing element" to the whole scheme.

The Plague marines are now 398 pts in all so I should be able to attend the next Combat Patrol tournament at my FLGS with Plaguies only. That's 12 models in a 400 pts force

Maybe something like:

5 Plague Marines, Flamer
    1 Plague Champion, Power Fist

5 Plague Marines, 2xPlasma
    Rhino, Daemonic Posession, Havoc Launcher

I'm afraid Genestealers or Howling Banshees would make quick work of this!

Solun Decius, resurrection!!!!

thread update?

Re: Tale of a 40K Painter: Genestealer Infestation

That brood-guard looks nice and gribbly, nice fluff too.......but your ignoring the elephant in the room:

Stealer-fex baby!

For a stealer fex you should go with a 'hard' back and widget up some hot tools. Hot tools = a pointed pin-like tool fitted into a wooden handle that can be heated up, you could do this with a lighter or open flame source. My thought would be to connect to some kind of battery source, similar to the hot-wire tool used for cutting polystrene terrain. Then you would have a constant heat source and be able to scribe continous lines, rather than small designs before re-heating.
    How you would do this is somewhat beyond me. My idea is that you could use the heated pin~end to melt/carve designs into the back carapace of the stealer-fex, personally I would do mine to reflect the dedication of the Genestealer Cult to the idol that is the stealer-fex. From a painting point of view it would also break up the carapace and draw the eye into it. Afew washes, a drybrush and another wash would make it pretty easy. And viola you have a stealer-fex and a center-piece!

I'm gonna try combining a fex with an inquistor scale genie, that being said I still have to get the genie. Any ideas on an alternate route of making a stealer-fex?
    Coldblooded Speedpainting (lizardmen):http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254209
    My old un-updated projects:http://www.pbase.com/chaoson(Nuked by pbase, R.I.P.)
    Shameless plug: My Genestealer Cult ploghttp://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105940
    Pint-sized Guard: Squat Reduxhttp://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121194
    If you are in Japan, please PM!!! We would like to get more players in the area!!!

Yeah Dictator. You know what, I think I will do just that. It'll make this hung-over Sunday worth something anyway. I'll go down to the basement now and get the hobby stuff out (had to properly clean the apartment a few weeks back and it just somehow hasn't come back up since). I'll see what I can get done and put up photos before I go to sleep tonight.
    A full month without an update is just too lame!
    Thanks!

Re: Tale of a 40K Painter: Genestealer Infestation

Haha, sick shot dude!

I think using the inquisitor sqale stealer would be awesome. I'm don't think I can get my hands on one of those now though, so my plan was to basically use a fex model and the try to straighten is out a bit and model/convert the back to be more "stealer". I'd have to use green stuff to get the feet right and maybe mix in some stealer parts (and Green Stuff) to make the claws. The head will need alot of converting. Having the Inquisitor scale stealer head would be gold!

This is a project I'm very interested in doing but I'm really afraid it'll be a while before I realize it though!

So you're still alive? Good to hear that! I was kind of worried to not see any update your own logs and not commenting on others

Page 26 of 157 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast