Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Apocalypse II

Apocalypse II

Just a quickie, but heard from a local Store Manager (so not a definite rumour (if there ever is such a thing!)) That the big guy himself, Angron, will be appearing in the new Apocalypse book!

Seeing as how he was in Epic, and how there's obviously a lot of interest in Demons at the moment, this seems like it could well be true?

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but i've not seen it yet.
    In the Grim Darkness of the Far Grim Dark there is only Grim Darkness, and skulls.

A collaborative blog about wargames, painting and probably some other randomness

Re: Apocalypse II

Wow, truely the end times have begun!

Primarchs would certainly boost sales. Hopefully they get them right, but in Apoc I'm pretty sure they will.
    Bucket of joy
    The Redemptionists, a long term IG army building log
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkeosaurus View Post
    Orks are both Mean and Green, which gives them an inherent advantage over armies which are only Mean or Green, or are neither.

Wow if he is then that is immense. His profile will have to be sick.

I am still a bit Skeptical as to whether primarchs will get rules though.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    What you don't understand, you can make mean anything.

My Warriors of Nurgle armyshoot. Features my converted hellcannon & warshrine.

The Untainted Warp, watching over The Rock

If Angron is in Apocalypse Reloaded, I'd expect Mortarion, Fulgrim, and Magnus the Red to be in there too.

I can only dream what Forgeworld could do modelwise, based on the Epic Primarch designs, but more intricate and detailed... Excuse me as I wipe the drool from my mouth...

:skull: "Repent today, for tomorrow you die." :chrome:
    Dark Angels Project Log

sounds salty but you know, this vould be very cool. and all the data sheets have pictures.....
    My Guard and Khador now too. Updated 9th MARCH

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfContext View Post
    Weird things happen when you're drunk. I should know. I'm one of those weird things.
    NOW DOING COMMISSIONS. PM me for details.

Oooooh Sexy... I have the right miniature waiting to be converted sitting on my desk for a while.....

I'm not sure how salty it would be. I mean, Apocalypse is basically not much different from the Imperial Armour books. Those books introduced new things to the 40K game just as Apocalypse did, and every installment added more new things, so it makes sense if there would be another Apocalypse book on the way, with new Datafaxes, and new models accompanying it.

Now what would be funny is if they revisited the Armageddon setting. Then the book would be called Apocalypse: Armageddon.

*sigh*
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

Angron is in the book and is stat line has lots of 10,s in it
    "I wouldn't let Megatron into my house"

I also heard the Angron datasheet was in the new Apocalypse book from our store manager, and he's apparently not alone. From what I heard the Angron sheet is ACTUALLY Angron and his Bloodthirster retinue that he fought with in the First War of Armageddon. So basically, if you take into account there were about 10-12 Bloodthirsters with him, that's the Bloodthirster Bloodlust sheet on crack, basically....evil
    The Founding of the Valaran Guard:
    Karl's Guard Project Log

Chapter Master

do want do want do want do want do want

I was thinking about doing an Angron conversion from a Daeomon Prince model for my WE army but there was no way in hell I could do it justice.

Wait... good lord... just imagine the sight of a FW titan-sized Daemon Primarch flanked by 12 FW Bloodthirsters...

Banned

Oh hell :P World Eaters army for Apoc ... I wonder thou will we see the others like Lorgar .

Well, if Angry man gets his buddies, can we also get the 100 Grey Knights that beat him? That would just rock!

This is the beginning of the End Times, when things like Primarchs (daemon or otherwise) start hitting the table. It is the end of GW's creativity and and beginning of the Reign of the Beancounters.

Real, I see primarchs on the table like seeing Yoda using a lightsaber. It should be imagined, but never seen.
    Do you like free wargames?
    http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/

Agreed. I think it would be a mistake to start including primarch rules. That should be something that's only ever imagined or talked about in myth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meriwether
    Heed also the Thoth62.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimtuff
    The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth62 View Post
    Agreed. I think it would be a mistake to start including primarch rules. That should be something that's only ever imagined or talked about in myth.
    While I agree on this mostly; it must be pointed out that Angron is the afaik only primarch that personally and activly attacked the imperium in the last millenias. If he is inside, it's probably in conjuncion with the Armageddon histocrical campaign and not the continuation of the storyline where all primachs make a return.
    If it makes sense for a primarch to be included then it's Angron.

Chapter Master

Angron's a bit bigger than your average Khornate Daemon Prince. If you used the Bloodletter from Forge World you'd be approaching the right size.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
    This is the beginning of the End Times, when things like Primarchs (daemon or otherwise) start hitting the table. It is the end of GW's creativity and and beginning of the Reign of the Beancounters.
    Happened in 1998, dude. I was there.
    The USS Orinoco (NCC-72905) is a Federation Danube-class runabout in service during the 24th century. It was outfitted with a sensor pod.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post

Real, I see primarchs on the table like seeing Yoda using a lightsaber. It should be imagined, but never seen.
    Very much like the C'Tan... But really wont stop people playing...

On the size issue... I kind of imagine the Daemon Primarchs being about as tall as Dreadnoughts or Wraithlords, I dont however see them as the size of the FW GD's.

C'mon Imperial and Eldar Knights. Do it GW, you heathens

I'm all for Angron being in there btw. He fought at Armageddon...the dude's an active player
    Last edited by Ozendorph; 27-05-2008 at 22:14.
    Thou art the whisper in the gloom,The hinting tone, the haunting laugh:
    Thou art the adorner of my tomb,The minstrel of mine epitaph. - Lionel Johnson, "The Dark Angel"

Go home GW you are drunk. - Gingerwerewolf
    For a limited time, you may purchase a downloadable version of the preceding post including typographical corrections, an alternate ending, and a handsome slip case.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast