Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Inquisitor Kazamarov (Witchhunters)

Chapter Master

Inquisitor Kazamarov (Witchhunters)

The Guy in the Throne of Judgement. It states that he counts as having a bunch of henchmen. They still have all their equipment, but count as a single model.

Now, a Scribe henchmen counts as having a las pistol. Does Kazamarov now get and extra attack in close combat for having 2 CCW's? Since he is a monsterous creature, can he fire the multi melta and a las pistol? Not that it would be incredibly overpowering or anything, but it can make a difference.

Chaplain

Re: Inquisitor Kazamarov (Witchhunters)

This might be stretching RaW a bit, but since the wording of the rule doesn't take this into consideration...
    The models are counted as a single model. That model's equipment is listed under 'Equipment' (which is reasonable). It does not include a Laspistol. Hence the model isn't considered armed with one.
    Make sense?
    ...But that's just me.

Veteran Sergeant

Okay here's a good one. The profile states that he counts as having 2 Henchmen, increased Ballistic skill shown, but doesn't show re-rolls??

Down the rabbit hole... Having tea with the hatter.

Because his Multi-Melta is twin-linked anyway, it doesnt matter.

(Especially not to me, I cant get him to hit even at BS5 twin-linked )

Chapter Master

I'm thinking it DOES state that he gets a laspistol. To be precise, two laspistols, and a closecombat weapon (from his servo skull)

The weapons and equipement list does NOT directly say he has a laspistol. However, it does say he has these henchmen. The rules for the henchmen say they have these weapons and abilities. What I mean is, if it is valid to say that Kazamarov benifits from the henchmen special rules (re-roles to hit, inititive bonus, ect.) why not their weapons too?

Chaplain

Well, if you're going to go for this, don't forget that the gun servitor also has a targeter.

I think this is stretching the rules. Besides, he is a Special Character, if they wanted him to have these other benefits, they could have simply listed them in the stats and equipment of his unit entry.
    Culven
    Commander, Catachan XIII "Black Cats"
    "Pray that a Black Cat never crosses your path."

We debate RaW, not in an attempt to gain an advantage, but rather to better understand the rules as they are written so that problems can be identified, addressed, and possible solutions developed before we get to the game table.

Chapter Master

So, if they didn't want you to have these abilities, why on earth would they have stated the Lechmechanic counts as two sage henchmen, and then not tell you any additional rules in the entry? That little tidbit in and of itself tells us that we should use special rules that are not in the unit entry. If you are using some special rules, why not others? Where do you draw the line?

Chaplain

Where exactly is the armament of Henchmen covered? Under 'Equipment' in their entry. Karamazov has an 'Equipment' entry all of his own, which must be considered to include the entire model's equipment. This entry would supersede the entry for the Henchmen, just like the rules for Karamazov make the profile of a Henchman redundant.

As always, though, this is just my reading.
    ...But that's just me.

Veteran Sergeant

I think that you have to look at him like Asdrubael Vect (DE). The WHOLE Model is one profile. The henchmen signify part of the whole. The reason it states he has 2 of the one type was to clarify why the Multi-Melta is Twin linked (which takes the place of the re-roll for the second henchmen, as was pointed out after my first post). Thank You btw.
    I have to hate people that look for more, when it's all right there. Like a henchmen riding on a huge throne has time to yank out a puny Las and take a pot-shot....

Let us also consider the fact that the inquisitor would need to carry an additional 2 laspistols 3 close combat weapons (2 sages, 1 servo-skull). Which would be slightly difficult without grafting on additional arms.

Also the equipment list specifically says the servitor has multi-melta (doesn't say it's twin linked in my codex) but states no equipment for the sage (sages? Equipment list suggests 1, later on in the entry suggests 2)
    If the rules are broken to the extent you have to rewrite them before playing, you may be playing the wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkie Jethro View Post
    I think that you have to look at him like Asdrubael Vect (DE). The WHOLE Model is one profile. The henchmen signify part of the whole. The reason it states he has 2 of the one type was to clarify why the Multi-Melta is Twin linked (which takes the place of the re-roll for the second henchmen, as was pointed out after my first post). Thank You btw.
    I have to hate people that look for more, when it's all right there. Like a henchmen riding on a huge throne has time to yank out a puny Las and take a pot-shot....
    I wouldn't have accused him of looking for more so much as coming here to ask for help interpreting GW's shoddy writing.

Do the Henchmen have a seperate profile list in the Codex (not the SC part, but the normal HQ part) or are they listed under the =][='s entry?

And, I have to go with RaW says he gets all those other things and weapons and you treat him like an IG heavy weapons team. RaI is the complete opposite. I prefer playing RaI.
    This is a link to the Forum Rules.----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannimarco View Post
    Arrogant egotistical insane sadomasochists do not make good team players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    Loth loves GW. Irisado loves Chaos Eldars. Wintermute loves Firefly. Three simple truths of the Wastes.

It seems highly suspicious to me that an IC would possess wargear items that are not listed under his entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulgur View Post
    Also the equipment list specifically says the servitor has multi-melta (doesn't say it's twin linked in my codex) but states no equipment for the sage (sages? Equipment list suggests 1, later on in the entry suggests 2)
    It doesn't say twin-linked in my codex either :confused:

As to the Sage discussion, the first line of the rule where that's mentioned discounts taking those extra weapons - "Karamazov and his retinue are treated as one individual model, with a combined profile". As the Sages don't have their own profile, they don't have their own equipment either.

However, I can see a few problems with the retinue rule for Karamazov. Firstly it states that the +1 BS is included in the profile for having a Sage, but where is the +1 WS for the Gun Servitor? And where is the re-roll for having 2 Sages (it could be that the 2nd printing has more than just the Faith Point change in the FAQ). The Servo-Skull is obviously the reason for the (5) for Initiative in the profile, but there are some oddities and I can see why this has been brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothlanathorian View Post
    Do the Henchmen have a seperate profile list in the Codex (not the SC part, but the normal HQ part) or are they listed under the =][='s entry?
    Henchmen have their own section in the codex on pages 15 and 16, entirely separate from the Inquisitor unit entries in the army list.
    Dan
    Age of Strife Owner | AB40k admin/beta tester
    Gaming Figures Store Owner | #warhammer40k on irc.quakenet.org Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh G. Reckshun View Post
    Word on the street is .. if Spacker hasn't said it .. it can't be true. that or .. it's not worth hearing .. one of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacker View Post
    It doesn't say twin-linked in my codex either :confused:
    I was referring to:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Squinty View Post
    Because his Multi-Melta is twin-linked anyway, it doesnt matter.
    If the rules are broken to the extent you have to rewrite them before playing, you may be playing the wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulgur View Post
    I was referring to:
    What I meant was, my codex is the same as yours - so I'm wondering (hence the confused icon) if the second printing, or a non-English version, has it listed a twin-linked which is where Winkie Jethro got this from.
    Dan
    Age of Strife Owner | AB40k admin/beta tester
    Gaming Figures Store Owner | #warhammer40k on irc.quakenet.org Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh G. Reckshun View Post
    Word on the street is .. if Spacker hasn't said it .. it can't be true. that or .. it's not worth hearing .. one of the two.

Veteran Sergeant

Nope, I've looked for erretas and found nothing. I was going on the assumption Lord Squinty knew something we did not about it being "Twin Linked".
    With 2 Sages, the model should get a re-roll for shooting. That's a basic rule for having 2 sages!!
    So let's place the gun issues aside and focus on the wargear.

If it's not listed, the MODEL doesn't have it!

Does he get extra Wounds and Attacks for all those Henchmen too?

No he doesn't, he counts as having those Henchmen for the purposes of the effects they give, not their equipment or stats.
    Why so serious? Adopt-A-Jokaero

Quote Originally Posted by Rirekon View Post
    Does he get extra Wounds and Attacks for all those Henchmen too?
    No he doesn't, he counts as having those Henchmen for the purposes of the effects they give, not their equipment or stats.
    So, wouldn't it have been easier if GW had simply listed the effects in the special rules and simply not have bothered to mention the Henchmen?
    Culven
    Commander, Catachan XIII "Black Cats"
    "Pray that a Black Cat never crosses your path."

We debate RaW, not in an attempt to gain an advantage, but rather to better understand the rules as they are written so that problems can be identified, addressed, and possible solutions developed before we get to the game table.

Quote Originally Posted by Culven View Post
    So, wouldn't it have been easier if GW had simply listed the effects in the special rules and simply not have bothered to mention the Henchmen?
    This is GW we're talking about. Ambiguous rulings are their speciality

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast