Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One of the funniest interpretations of 40k I've seen in a while

One of the funniest interpretations of 40k I've seen in a while

Lion: Hey Russ, you'll never guess what!
    Russ: Yeah, I know! Magnus is a traitor! To think that he could accuse our beloved brother Horus of turning against us. Impossible! But don't worry. I have taken care of it, Horus asked me to destroyed Prospero and I have. Magnus shouldn't be bothering us again.
    Lion: ... actually, I was going to say that Magnus was right. Horus has turned to Chaos, 7 other Legions have joined him and he has destroyed 3 Loyal Legions already!
    Russ:

Re: One of the funniest interpretations of 40k I've seen in a while

Heh. An entertaining read. I particularly liked:
    The closest thing to the good guys you can find in this setting is a tiny alien empire sandwiched between all the other factions, and they have a thing for forcing new subjects into their empire through orbital bombardment, sterilization, and concentration camps.

My favorite:
    "There are also chainsaw swords, gloves that crush tanks, mountain-sized daemonic walking battle cathedrals, tanks the size of small cities, warships that level continents, if not simply obliterating all life on an entire planet just to be sure."

Haha... just slightly exaggerated, but good stuff.
    An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded...

my fav:

"Black And Gray Morality (Opinions vary between whether 40k is black and grey, or black and black.)"

Haha, funny stuff - It's a close likeness to it though. Or should I say parody.

Whatever happened to the Family Guy 40k?
    Si vis pacem para bellum

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Well, it's not a parody, merely a catalogue of tropes and cliches used in 40k. You should deffinately have a look at all your favourite books, games, films and series' pages on that wiki. Granted, the 40k entry seems to be mostly written by someone who likes 40k very much and as such it's not perfectly neutral (just compare Independence Day's entry, written by someone who hated the films with whole his heart). Still, a great site.

Forget all those quotes, this is the best one of the bunch:

Berserk Button (In-game with Arco-Flagellants, and also in real life. Try bringing up the Squats at any GW press event. See what happens...)
    Many a Sentinal pilot has hesitated to call his vehicle a walking coffin after battling beside Dreadnoughts.

The one downside to being a non conformist: Good roll models are hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaan View Post
    Well, it's not a parody, merely a catalogue of tropes and cliches used in 40k. You should deffinately have a look at all your favourite books, games, films and series' pages on that wiki. Granted, the 40k entry seems to be mostly written by someone who likes 40k very much and as such it's not perfectly neutral (just compare Independence Day's entry, written by someone who hated the films with whole his heart). Still, a great site.
    Agreed. You can get lost in that site for hours on end. Damn TVtropes....
    *"The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused."
    Visit my Project Log. (last updated 08/08/2011)
    My current eBay auctions. Bugger All.
    <o>\o/ Yes! <o>\o/ Yes! <o>\o/ Yes!

I have to restrain myself from browsing it when I speak with someone on skype. It really, really ruins relationships.
    They even have an entry about this:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...llRuinYourLife

"Cosmic Horror (The Warp is made up of the combined emotions and hatred of the universe. And it hates back.)"

This one gets a "Win" from me
    Chaos Dwarfs Online!

Andy needs your help please order from Heresy Miniatures.

Another notable example would be Commissar Sebastian Yarrick. Despite losing his left eye and his right arm, as well as being an old, old man by the time of his main exploits, Yarrick managed to inspire terror and respect in the Orks by his uncanny ability to fight in the thick of it no matter the odds (and the pain). When his right arm got chopped off he simply beheaded the offending Ork Warboss and kept on fighting, only "allowing himself the luxury of passing out" after the long battle was won. This has granted him the dubious honour of being WH40K fandom's answer to Chuck Norris, Jack Bauer and meme-makers know who else. He then took the Warboss' giant, mechanical claw-arm. So Yeah.
    Hehe. Great stuff!
    Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
    A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. GUILTY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dan
    I too am a god of tabletop warfare amongst mere mortals. Every time I play I win with such incredible ease that my body actually manages to achieve a state of REM sleep. I therefore, at least, finish my games well rested.

heheheee... hohohooo...hahaHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

This is just to rich!!!

Or anything carried by an Ork, whose guns mainly run on Clap Your Hands If You Believe and "more dakka". The Ork Shokk Attak Gun, one of the most beautiful examples of the setting's "screw you, physics" attitude, sucks up tiny gremlins and fires them through the warp into armour. Having an insane daemon-tortured Snotling appearing inside your skull? Hurts.
    If we're not meant to eat animals,
    how come they're made out of meat?
    ...ORK-ORK-ORK-ORK-ORK-ORK-ORK-ORK-ORK...

Repeat until all your enemies or all your orks are dead...

Dooo de doo de doo de doo...

Not that anyone from around here is involved with this at all.
    Pride is not a sin. Hubris is not a failing. The galaxy is not a mere collection of stars, it is our birthright! For too long have men looked up the infinite expanses of darkness before them and looked back inward, seeking solance in their huddled, weak soulfires. I see the black depths before me and all I can see is an eternity of war and conquest in the Emperor's name.
    -Lord Solar Macharius

Abnormal Ammo (Guns which fire razor-edged molecule-thick ninja stars, guns which fire nets of Razor Floss, guns which fire wooden stakes, flamethrowers which squirt holy napalm; biological guns which use, um, muscle spasms to fire flesh-eating beetles/maggots or exploding tumours, guns which open holes into hell, guns which fire tiny goblins through hell.)
    That last line really made me LOL, the first of many times as I continued to read down the list. Great link, Thanatos_elNyx.

Trope Overdosed (We reiterate: 40k contains examples of damn near everything, most of it trying to kill you.)
    That just about sums it up.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

TVTropes... Ah, I love thee.

I personally love the bit about Tzeentch, which lists off the various Xanatos roulette's he plays, how he is playing everyone against eachother and how he's the master of mutation and so forth before ending with "And this guy is the embodiment of hope."

I'm not sure what page it's on though, possibly the "Black and Grey morality" page, or the "Rule of Four".
    Quote Originally Posted by chromedog View Post
    Dogs are good, they make a nice alternative when you can't shoot people.

To give an idea of just how horrible the Warhammer and Warhammer 40000 universes are, the Orcs/Orks, bloodthirsty brutish berzerkers, whose societies revolve around killing anyone and everyone -- including themselves -- are viewed by fans as the comic relief races.
    Love this one.
    Damn, it's two past midnight already... wasted whole evening reading this.
    I thought I was elitist. Then my wife said she's willing to enter 40k, but she wants a Squat army .

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtuff View Post
    Agreed. You can get lost in that site for hours on end. Damn TVtropes....
    I just did :cries:
    40K spend '09: 205.70.'10: 87.50.'11: 29.00. '12: 89.00. '13: 35.50. '14 75.50. '15 424.00
    WANTED: 1 Elysian Shotgun & appropriate arms.

Brimstone. Gone but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Chem-Dog View Post
    I just did :cries:
    Join the club :cries:

So much for getting as much work done on my pile of conversions-in-progress before I start my first 'real' job on Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymphus
    -"In my mind, you're a lictor sitting at a PC and making sarcastic comments to the family of rippers next door."
    -"I agree. PCs break and enter into places, commit many senseless acts of murder by slaughtering creatures for acting their nature, loot and pillage their fallen enemies homes, and then return to town and celebrate with a drink.

Sociopaths wish they had it this good.
    "

Curses, I've also become trapped on that damnable site for hours... [edit, like everyone else it seems]
    Last edited by Lord Inquisitor; 27-06-2008 at 03:18.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast