Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Showcase: Hive Fleet Locust

Showcase: Hive Fleet Locust

I've already taken pictures of my 3,000 point Nid army, called Hive Fleet Locust, so I won't be able to take any more pictures, but I thought I'd share some good pictures and cool conversions, for any out there interested. I'm not a great painter but you might gain something from these, hopefully. I'm going to track each addition with a bit of fluff, to make it interesting, following the journal of a young Imperium soldier facing the swarm.

I miss home. I know they tell us that we're fighting for a greater cause but that thought doesn't help when I'm staring at the swarm of tyranids that think of nothing but a buffet of me and my fellow countrymen. I've heard this Hive Fleet Locust is an average fleet but they seem terrifying to me.

Yesterday I saw my first 'nids in person. A swarm of critters with a few of the big ones leading the way. They tried to explain this idea of the hive mind but it's so far beyond my comprehension.

We managed to take out the warrior and the rest of the gaunts lost their momentum and were easy picking. Richard brought back a carapace he broke off and hung it over his door. It smells a bit but it reminds us that these monsters are able to be defeated.

The small rippers were a pain in the ass. They look small compared to the warriors but you have to devote an entire round of shots on the damned things. Desmond wasted a clip on them and got blindsided by some of the gaunts... We think he'll be okay, hopefully.

I'm gonna try to go to bed now and dream of anything other than this damned horde. Maybe I should go take a look at that carapace and hope it can help keep my dreams on the positive side.
    Hive Fleet Locust HERE
    ^ Includes converted Biovores, six versions of the Carnifex, and battle dioramas of your favorite Tyranids

Re: Showcase: Hive Fleet Locust

This morning, I heard news of the first sighting of one of the screamer-killers. I've heard of them in other fleets, some giant cutting machines and some massive guns with legs. From what I heard, the one they found here was a cutty one, four giant blades.

The men backed up and kept shooting, keeping the beast at a distance. But it was fassssssssst. As it got closer, they noted that the beast's brain seemed to be on the outside of its head. Seems it was ... created? ... for offensive swarms and defense didn't seem to be even considered. The men realized this and put a few quick shots to the head. Once they dissected the body, they found that the beast had a solution running through its veins, secreted from some sort of adrenal gland that had been produced. And this secretion caused its brain to grow past the point of its exoskeleton. Well, it may give it the advantage in quick assaults, but defensively doesn't come into play.

I prayed this morning, for the first time in a long time. I prayed that this screamer-killer was alone.
    Hive Fleet Locust HERE
    ^ Includes converted Biovores, six versions of the Carnifex, and battle dioramas of your favorite Tyranids

Northern wastelands commonly known as Norway

*laughs* poor, foolish Imperial Guardsmen... little those he know that there are more Screamer Killers from where they came from.

Anyhow, NICE way to showcase your 'Nid army, having the story being told by some guardsman whilst showing pics of your army is simply a stroke of genius! Keep up the good work, lad!
    Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the east. I'm not going to be there...

Brothers in arms, join the Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company forum! http://s4.invisionfree.com/ironwarriors
    Iron Within, Iron Without!

Lol what will happen when a ravener pops into his bunker. I woke up this morning to the sound of death some giant snake ate everyone in my bunker but then ran of when he pulled the blancket away.

Today, we found some sort of ... hole in the ground, with tyranid features. We don't know where it led but Tommy got the brave idea to chuck a grenade down and get a few kills in.

Well, I watched Tommy as it unclipped the grenade from his belt and was throwing towards the hole. Then, before my very eyes a creature appeared behind him. It was like a chameleon of sorts, managing to stay hidden in the dark desert we were stalking through. The beast changed from the color of the brown landscape into the same colors as its tyranid bretheren. Like a giant mantis, it reared up behind Tommy.

It had blood all over its face and claws and I couldn't help but wonder if I knew who it belonged to. With a swift jut, it cut Tommy in half and the grenade fell to the ground, still pinned.

The other men that were with me began shooting like crazy and I was brought back to reality. We all fired at where the beast stood and dirt created a fog around us. We stopped and when the dirt cleared there was nothing there. I had a feeling that this mantis killer had just began its massacre.
    Hive Fleet Locust HERE

Northern wastelands commonly known as Norway

Oooh...A lictor! My absolute favourite Tyranid!
    Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the east. I'm not going to be there...

Brothers in arms, join the Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company forum! http://s4.invisionfree.com/ironwarriors
    Iron Within, Iron Without!

We encountered another screamer-killer yesterday, this one a strange breed I've never seen. It was armed with these... whips. It grabbed Bundy and Smith and just dangled them over us as we fought to take down the beast. Bundy managed to take out a chunk of the beast's face with a chainsword but it grew back before our very eyes. The gaunts overran us and Bundy and Smith were lost in the chaos.

Hive Fleet Locust HERE

cool, what rules do the whips use?
    But alas, the giraffe is also the gayest animal in the zoo.
    "Religion... **** it," Stephen Fry.
    Ghosts+marines?! that can't be right!

Double lashwhips, taking away an attack each, so -2 attacks. The fex also has extended carapace, thornback, regeneration, rippers, enhanced chitlin, and toxic miasma. He's all defensive, meant to face off against characters or strong units that he can hold in place till they get bumrushed by an offensive unit. Not very useful in game probably, but modelling it was a kick.
    Hive Fleet Locust HERE

I like that last fex of yours a lot. Will probably do something similar when I put together my planned scything talons/lash whip cc fex. The modeling of the whips are brilliant imo

This is a great idea for a photolog. Points for originality, points for painting 3000pts of nids. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by de Selby View Post
    This is a great idea for a photolog. Points for originality, points for painting 3000pts of nids. Nice one.
    Thanks!

And just wait... I'm starting with the unimpressive and have some huge guns to unveil soon.
    Hive Fleet Locust HERE

I had nightmares about Bundy last night, screaming as he was dangled over the masses of damned little gaunts.

I woke up to the sound of sirens. We had been infiltrated.

I grabbed my sidearm and ran out of the barracks. My eyes caught something red and dark and covered in blood. It was a Broodlord, the hive mind leader of the genestealers. I had only seen yellowback genestealers, taken down with a few good shots. But this Broodlord, he was surrounded by 'stealers that matched his own carapace, like they were born with blood on their hard shells.

I watched my fellow soldiers scrambling to try to form a defensive line. The 'stealers were tough, harder carapaces than their yellow brothers. They also had pulsating sacs on their arms which allowed some sort of acidic toxin to flow through their veins.

The Broodlord laughed but then a round of armor piercing shots crashed through his hide and blood shot out like a fountain over its fellow 'stealers, who resorted to animalistic instinct. After that, they were easily defeated. The body of one of the redbacks was taken to compare to the 'stealer specimens we already encountered.

A few moments after the last Genestealer inhaled, our captain stood on the Broodlord's body and gathered us round.

"Men!" he started with a yell. "This cannot be tolerated. We are the Imperium! When the sun rises tomorrow, we march on and show these goddamn pests who is truly superior. Get a good night sleep, men, for tomorrow we march into the mouth of hell."

My blood turned cold.
    Hive Fleet Locust HERE

We marched. We marched and marched, through dirt and mud. We found remnants of tyranid and human corpse alike. I stood behind twenty men, flamers at the front of the line. With a quivering finger, they'd often light an innocent bush on fire out of fear of an encroaching lictor.

We stumbled upon some old ruins and spread out throughout them, checking every corner and crevice for signs of the locusts.

Hawthorne was alone when it happened. He had no idea that his painful death was just moments away.

(I know that one mold line is hoooooooorrible, I'm fixing it up)
    Hive Fleet Locust HERE

We crawled through the ruins, quietly stalking the lone lictor. I slowly eased my way up an embankment and I looked over to see the sight of thousands of tyranids, gnashing teeth and whirling blades. We had arrived upon the locusts.

Hive Fleet Locust HERE

As I peered over the embankment, I realized that all their little eyes were looking in my direction. I was so far away, how could they...?

Tyrone crawled up beside me and gasped. "Do they see us?" he asked.

"I don't know."

Then, as if out of nowhere, three giant monsters arose before us, seemingly floating in air and exuding this bright energy. I had heard about tyranids that could control the warp but I had not imagined such a beast would lie within the ranks of the locusts.

I jumped down the embankment and readied my rifle, but Tyrone was frozen by the power of the zoanthropes.

Hive Fleet Locust HERE

great 'warp powers'! they look really cool. Your army is nice, very action filled!
    But alas, the giraffe is also the gayest animal in the zoo.
    "Religion... **** it," Stephen Fry.
    Ghosts+marines?! that can't be right!

I watched as Tyrone got manhandled by the warp powers of the zoanthrope. Only God knows why these creatures were created, if not to destroy.

I charged forward with a block of men and ran into an old Imperium-secured post that overlooked the now-infested hive. As we ran through, rifles raised, a giant claw ripped through the walls of the old fort and began to tear metal apart and open us to the massive horde outside. Another screamer-killer, this one armed with giant claws and scything talons. It had armor covering most of its body and giant tusks protruding from its face. Our tanks wouldn't stand a chance against this walking and breathing equivalent.

And the swarm came. Teeth, claws, blood, flooding into the small room.

Hive Fleet Locust HERE

* I would've thought 'nids would be getting more love... whatever, that won't stop me from updating. *

Hive Fleet Locust HERE

* Three biovores, made from orc, squig, and nid pieces. *

Hive Fleet Locust HERE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast