Thread: Calling all Yorkshire-and-nearby Men! In fact..Everyone

Brother Sergeant

Calling all Yorkshire-and-nearby Men! In fact..Everyone

Hey guys,

I am part of a bloodbowl league that has just run it's first season in yorkshire, across 7 divisions. The final is on the 22nd november over in York.

If you are not from yorkshire, scroll down to the red bit....

However, as season 1 draws to a close, the chairman and commisioners have decided to try organise a roadshow. I know bloodbowl isn't everyones game but here's the idea:

- If you are based in or around Yorkshire (Ie Humber, maybe middlesborough etc.) contact me on any of the following ways:

1. The website - tybbl.org.uk - Go into social, and then post in the league forum.

2. My email - UKJellyBabyRocky@hotmail.com

3. PM me on here.

Preferably in that order...

- If you are part of a gaming club/a group of people at a GW, Great!

- We organise a date, such as one of your gaming nights or a saturday or whatever and we come to you with boards and teams and either show you the basics of bloodbowl or we give you a few games to show you what we're all like!

- We leave you details on the website, how to start a league, when season 2 is, and basically everything you need to run a league.

- You tell us if you are interested in joining TYBBL and participate for the Yorkshire Crown next season.

What if I'm not from Yorkshire?

- Well in the future we are considering the idea of having a Yorkshire league, a north league and a south league or such, so even if your not nearby we would love to hear any intrest and we can still come over to you, or talk about setting up a similar league where you are and have regions.

Some info on TYBBL:

- It is run by a guy called Toby and the website is magnificent.
    - Every division nominates a commisioner who takes control of the division.
    - All descisions are made by vote by the commisiners.
    - Any problems you can just ask.
    - We are a tight night community, and it is open from beginners to veterans, (Ie in my league, I have played 6 leagues and 3 tournaments of Bbowl but am behind someone who has played 1 league...:S)

So if you have the remotest bit of intrest, would like to know more, want to learn anything about bloodbowl then please just contact me and I'd be delighted to discuss anything with you!

Thanks for reading,
    Craig

(UKJellyBabyRocky@Hotmail.com)

Or visit the site... tybbl.org.uk
    Or PM me!

Re: Calling all Yorkshire-and-nearby Men! In fact..Everyone

Just to add my own 2p-I've taken part in TYBBL's first season, also my first season playing Blood Bowl. I've had a brilliant time, been introduced to what is now one of my favourite systems, and also managed to qualify for the finals. So even if you've never played Blood Bowl before, take a look at the site and you'll see how great a community there is going there. There may be a group near you already in the league, or you may have a group with Blood Bowl players that could easily join. Believe me-its well worth it.
    James/lotrchampion

The Last Alliance - The Home of Wargaming in Middle-earth. For all your Lord of the Rings and War of the Ring needs!

Veteran Sergeant

Our lot bumped into a few boys who played in this season down at open war 10. Sounded great and have already made enquires about throwing ourselves into it for season 2!
    'A Gathering of Might X' - 2nd/3rd of March 2013 - The North West Gaming Centre
    1500pts WFB or 1500pts 40K, 6 games, 35 lunch incl on both days and a pizza feast on the Saturday night!
    Email us at agatheringofmight@gmail.com
    Facebook = Agathering Ofmight and/or Twitter = @WORGORE
    www.agom.co.uk

Brother Sergeant

Yeh I heard about that!

I was meant to be playing in bloodbowl but due to numbers got dragged into fantasy where I played 3 daemon armies in 3 games...ahem...be good to see you guys!

Do you know if anyone of you are coming to the york finals?

Veteran Sergeant

Sadly the date falls badly for us, so at the moment it looks like a no. :cries:

But we will do our best to pull a few strings as it would be great to turn up play a few friendly games and meet the rest of the guys. Whilst the end of the first season was being fought out!

Sorry to hear about your fantasy run out shall we say..... At least in BB they are not back in ....yet.....
    1500pts WFB or 1500pts 40K, 6 games, 35 lunch incl on both days and a pizza feast on the Saturday night!
    www.agom.co.uk

Brother Sergeant

"Yet"

I had a good day it was just a bit annoying cos I had:

4/5th - Fantasy GT Heat 1
    10/11th - 40k GT heat 1
    17th - Bloodbowl @ Open War...

Was looking for a bit of everything but LoTR...and then to get what I got...ah well!

Veteran Sergeant

Yer life is not quite the box of chocs we all want it to be is it lol

Looking at your schedule, it looks as busy as mine lol

Did you make it through in heat 1 fantasy? Was just wondering cause if any of us make it at heat 3, we could bump into you at the final..?
    www.agom.co.uk

Brother Sergeant

If it had ended on day one I would have been in top 20. Let's leave it at that and not mention day 2 :P.

I hate dice games...

My plan is all 7 GTs plus I've got about 8 non-GT tourneys planned...I'm crazy...:P

Veteran Sergeant

Think ill have a look into this one!

Brother Sergeant

Where abouts do you live?
    Drop me an email @ UKJellyBabyRocky@hotmail.com and I'll be more than happy to talk to you about it!

Quick bump for this if anyone is interested-last weekend we held the first Yorkshire Crown tournament, the culmination of the Yorkshire Blood Bowl League season in which the top seeds from each division fight it out for the most prestigious prize of the season: The Yorkshire Crown!

The event was a fantastic day of BB fun, with myself finishing 2nd and Ukrocky finishing 3rd. I would advise that if you are in the Yorkshire or surrounding area, or anywhere in the UK for that matter, and are interested in getting involved in TYBBL, check out the aforementioned website-Season 2 gets underway on December 1st, running for a long 10 months until October 2009. So if you want to get involved before the next Yorshire Crown, there is plenty of time.

Hope to hear from some of you folks soon-I couldn't recommend TYBBL more, it really is a great league and I can't wait for the start of Season 2!
    James/lotrchampion

The Last Alliance - The Home of Wargaming in Middle-earth. For all your Lord of the Rings and War of the Ring needs!

Rocky - we'd be more than happy to see you down at Lenton! We held the 'Very South Yorkshire' (VSY) league this year, and will be doing the same next season if allowed!
    PM me, and we'll sort out an invitational to the club!

Darryl - Chairman, 1st CO Vets
    Ever made an order with Red Star One, Conversion Corner, Three Stage Studios, Resin Forge? Positive or Negative Experiences? I'd love to hear from you - confidentiality guaranteed.