Thread: GF9 skirmish movement trays?

GF9 skirmish movement trays?

does anyone use these for skirmish troops? Seems like a good idea for general movement and you can always take them out of the tray if you want to move into terrain or whatever.

I'm planning a skink army and they all skirmish... so I was thinking these would really come in handy. Or would I be better off with magnetic bases and a sheet of metal? I just kind of like how the GF9 it's got the holes cut out and all that stuff...
    My Games:
    Mechadrome - Heavy Metal Combat
    Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Re: GF9 skirmish movement trays?

Looks good. I also thought about making trays when I actually start beastmen, but this sounds easier.

Go with it, is what I would say.
    But try one first to see how it works. It might not be as handy as it seems when needing to allign for CC or when moving through weird terrain where it doesn't fit.

---EDIT---

They sell CALVARY bases... I wouldn't trust them...
    Last edited by Braad; 29-10-2008 at 07:38.
    Tale of Fantasy Painters hall of fame: 2008/09 edition, 2009/10 edition, 2010/11 edition, 2011/12 edition

Even I have a Blog nowadays...

I figured for CC or moving through terrain I would just take them off the tray.. but for setup and moving around the board in general it would speed things up. I'm gonna have 4-5 units of skinks in a 1000 pt list...

they also have magnetic bases that are cut to the right size and come with a magnetic sheet to use as a movement tray sort of thing.. so I was also thinking of using that.. the sheet is also flexible so I could have it wrapping up and around hills without the models falling down.

What's wrong with cavalry bases?
    My Games:
    Mechadrome - Heavy Metal Combat
    Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Quote Originally Posted by Necros View Post

What's wrong with cavalry bases?

Nothing at all. He said they sell "CALVARY" bases.
    +++ +++ +++
    Commission Work: Possible opening for a LARGE commission project

http://zerotwentythree.blogspot.com/ +++ Marienburg vs. The Undeadish (Warseer PLog)

((currently dead Warseer PLogs Marienburg (Empire) Army +++ WWI Aerial Gaming +++ Age of Caesar +++ Terraplog! ))