Thanks all! Been updating my old Fists squads to 32mm bases this week, plus adding some new units here and there and making them compliant with the current codex (so, selling some of that beautiful honour guard that's no longer viable or has equivalents in either HH or 40K) as well as planning on adding some non-HW non-assault weapon spares to the tactical squads to make the viable in HH. Separated the squads into different shelves between stuff that can play HH and 40k, stuff that's HH, and stuff that's just 40K. It's a bit of a mess.

But I also completed the squad leader of the Haeteron Guard!

Base model is the FW Custodes Shield Captain. I filed away the knife to where he could hold the shield propped up underneath. Used a Tartaros Terminator power fist just like the others with some strategic cutting and decals to make it stand out. Helmet took some cutting and slicing to fit with the more decorative Shield Captain back plate, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Since I assembled it all separately, I was initially upset at having the cape blow the opposite way of the helmet plume, but looking at it all together, it balances the look of the model overall, and neither is wind-whipped enough to make it look *odd.*

Really getting the knack of this Contrast+Washes+Layer+Glazes thing for capes. The Warlocks the other week were a good sample and practice.

Felt like differentiating the shield from the other ones and used the top of a banner pole (or backpack thing?) with some sanding looks pretty solid. Very pleased with the overall look here. The real reason is I uhhh... lost the gem thing...

Can't forget the group shot...