Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: =][=Munda discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

=][=Munda discussion

Quote Originally Posted by grey_death
    =][=

Well, it needs a place to blossom ideas and really cultivate the collective thought process of the Dakka community, so I only thought it appropriate to put it in a more appropriate place!

For those not in the know, =][=munda is a unique mix of role playing and Necromunda style combat on the tabletop, with heavy influence on a story driven campaign system. There are many different takes (already!) on the rules/mix, but the general idea is all the same, get into the gritty gothic 40k universe have some real fun!

Feel free to post links, share ideas, list concerns, come up with rules sets and just about anything else that has to do with this great movement!

For starters here is a set of =][=munda modeling threads to whet your appetite:

Jade Vessel - an =I=munda Blog

=I=munda Ad-Mech

CMDante's =I=munda Blog - Blood Pact Gang

Xan´s =I=Munda Campaign: Of Dark Places and Shady Characters

Last of the Mezzan (Malika's potential =][=munda madness)

Rules Resources:

Necromunda Rules

Dark Eldar

I would really like to start organizing rules sets/methods of play that people are using for a possible article web set up to really help boost awareness of the 'revolution' that seems to be happening!

So please post your ideas here and be sure to check out the great threads above for inspiration! Don't forget to leave a few comments while you're checkin out the amazing modeling too ^_-...
    I simply took over Grey_Death's post since it seems most fitting. So lets discuss some ideas we have here on the matter and so on. I'll try to exchange ideas and such between Warseer and DakkaDakka.
    Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Space ship design project

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Re: =][=Munda discussion

Where are the rules that are you are using? I have a same group who wants to try it out

Seconded. I hear all this talk about mythical =][= rules but whenever I search for them, I just end up looking at pictures of models. No one posts actual rules, just models they use for =][=munda

Hmm, I had been toying with this idea on-and-off for years but never got past making minor rules adjustments and sweeping statements. Glad to see the idea has some legs though.

As i'll never get around to writing my version, here are a few thoughts for use:

- Necromunda system for rules. Taking a couple of minor rules changes from Mordheim, adjusting a couple, and adding some from 40k#2

- Mordheim for campaign. Heroes are Inquisitor and Retinue, Henchmen are seconded units of Imperial Guard, Naval Security, Arbites, etc. (For the bad guys the Heroes would be the Arch-Magus, Arch-Heretic, Apostate Preacher, etc.) Hired Swords/Dramatis Personae are a single Sister of Battle, Space Marine, Death Watch, etc.

- Income becomes Influence, which allows you to bring in Henchmen, Heroes, etc. at appropriately dramatic moments.

- Campaigns are story arcs (the campaign trees you see in 40k) with results choosing the next scenario. Some scenarios can run simultaneously and so use different parts of your retinue; therefore not all models are present in all scenarios.

- Experience would be spent at the end of story arcs, rather than the end of each game.

- Points values are for the weak, but could be included for pick-up games (although this goes against the concept as far as I care)
    Taking your armies from conception to conquest: 3ColoursBased painting service.
    Gaming in Edinburgh? I'm [elg] Club Secretary; PM me!

So are you saying there aren't established =][=munda (or Imunda) rules?

Correct. There are no official =][=munda rules. It's basically a friendly, story driven approach to gaming using the Necromunda basic rules instead of Inquisitor in order to speed up the action and keep things simple, plus a little of Mordheim and a lot of making up things on the fly in order to keep the narrative flowing.

Some one had a good colection of rules for a rough sarting guide, but alsis I did not mark it And am looking for the rouge trade ststs that some poeple came up with. so if any one know where Some thing like a rules colllection maybe lucking please speak up

Im glad to see a developing page collecting this together. I hope to be able to start creating my own models and start playing in the new future and want to continue to few your guys progress and chatter. Thankyou for choosing warseer as its new home or at least dueling its info from over at dakka. I my self like the site but find warseer an easier to use and more active forum. I look forward to your developments and hope to soon be someone who can add to this growing trend/game.

@tcraigen: The thing is primarily a DakkaDakka thing, but if people here are interested we could discuss some of the aspects over here.

And do post those models when you have some pictures of them!

@Pragueride & rcal13: There are no official rules for this game, heck there isn't even a set norm on fan made rules. The ones I know who are playing =][= (Migsula and co.) even seem to change the rules constantly because it's first of all narrative based and secondly highly experimental. Normally Necromunda seems to be used as a basis, but I know that Migsula and his friends are working on something called "Broodheim" which is basically an =][= campaign based around a Genestealer Cult but using Mordheim based rules rather than Necromunda.

- Mordheim for campaign. Heroes are Inquisitor and Retinue, Henchmen are seconded units of Imperial Guard, Naval Security, Arbites, etc. (For the bad guys the Heroes would be the Arch-Magus, Arch-Heretic, Apostate Preacher, etc.) Hired Swords/Dramatis Personae are a single Sister of Battle, Space Marine, Death Watch, etc.
    Hmm, heroes could be everything. From Inquisitors to officers to Rogue Traders to crimelords. Personally I hope to get rid of the limitations GW has set with games such as Inquisitor or Dark Heresy. Making it more a game in which also more common Imperial stuff is involved rather than just the super duper rare super elite unique stuff as we tend to see now.

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

I am very intrigued by this whole ][ Munda project. My group has played necromunda campaigns for the last 3 years and Finally this year we (I) decided to rewrite the whole ruleset to bring it up to the current decade of 40k rules conventions after we ran into so anacronistic flaws with the old system. The new system is called Confrontation 2 because we opened it up to outside the hive. It is currently in playtest but initial results are very positive. Currently it weighs in at a big honkin 80 pages but that is with all the rules, races, weapons, and campaign system in one. Its meant to be broken down into smaller booklets like army books.

As soon as Tax season is over (accountant here) I am going to start putting it into finished format pdfs so that it can be printed nicely. If you want to shoot me a pm I can send you the quickplay rules if you are interested.

If anyone is interested in my Confrontation 2 rules they can be found at my club's yahoo group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HammerofVulcan/files/
    Between the velvet lies there's a truth as hard as steel.

Hmm, it wants me to register...no thanks! Couldn't you copy paste some of that stuff over here, or maybe to the =I=munda discussion over at Dakkadakka?

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Quote Originally Posted by malika View Post
    Hmm, it wants me to register...no thanks! Couldn't you copy paste some of that stuff over here, or maybe to the =I=munda discussion over at Dakkadakka?
    I could but the rulebook is about 50 pages and its not ready for full release yet. I'm not putting it out for mass release until I feel most all the bugs are worked out. Its a royal pain to update a pdf on half a dozen sites.

Here is a small sample of the subtle changes like the close combat:

ATTACK ORDER
    Models fight in initiative order alternating attacks with the highest initiative going first. If the initiative is tied then the model initiating the combat will strike first.

Example: An Orlock with 1 attack and Initiative 3 charges into an Escher with 2 attacks and Initiative 4. The Orlock made his charge attack in the shoot phase, which missed. In the close combat phase the Escher will make 1 attack first because her initiative is higher. The Orlock will then make his one attack followed by the Escher’s second attack.

ROLLING TO HIT IN CLOSE COMBAT
    To determine whether hits are scored, roll a D6. The die roll needed to score a hit on your enemy depends on the relative Weapon Skill(WS) of the attacker and the target. Compare the WS of the attacking model with the WS of the target unit. If the target’s WS is lower than the attacker’s he hits on a 3+, if the target’s WS is equal or up to twice as high as the attacker’s he hits on a 4+, and if it is more than twice as high he hits on a 5+.

If a fighter is using a single weapon then any hits inflicted in close combat are assumed to have been made with that weapon. Resolve the hit using the strength of the weapon (or model) as indicated in the Armory section.
    If a fighter is using two weapons (one in each hand) the player must call out which weapon is being used for the attack. Attacks must alternate between hand weapons.

Example: a fighter with 2 attacks armed with a sword and pistol could declare attacks pistol, sword, pistol or sword, pistol, sword but not sword, sword, pistol. Note that pistols are still subject to ammo roles in close combat.
    Between the velvet lies there's a truth as hard as steel.

Hey folks, glad to see there are some people with the same idea as my friends and I! The last couple of months have seen me running an RPG version of Necromunda within my circle of friends, and so far its been going really well. We've tinkered with a few things to make them fit better, added a bucket load of extra equipment, skills, wyrd powers and actions to the game through a mixture of old 2nd Edition rules, other games, and some canabalised rules other people have written that we found on the net.

There are eight of us in total, with myself acting as GM most of the time, and each player takes control of their own character in much the same way as a regular RPG. The rules may not be perfect for the style of game, but they fit well enough, and are simple and familiar enough that everyone can play easily.

So far I've had them getting caught up in a cultist uprising as they fought their way out of one settlement, ambushed the cultists that followed them, smashed their way out of the dome and then aided a Guilder in protecting his holdings against a large mob of the rampaging nutters.

Anyone is welcome to see the basic rules we're using, they're far from perfect mind, and I wouldn't be suprised if you've seen some of the stuff before. As I said before, a lot of it is canabalised from other sources! Our rule book just cobbles it all together into an easy to read document.
    Current Armies: Tzeentchian Chaos, Space Marines - Be Swift As The Wind, Eldar - Infantry Aspect Warriors & Ulthwe, Ultramarines

Something for the World Eaters players out there..
    CYCLONUS: Mighty Galvatron, please! We must use strategy!
    GALVATRON: Strategy is for cowards!
    My Terrain Building Log - Filling a Bedfordshire Garage with 40k Terrain!

We are trying to motivate some german -I- & Necromunda Enthusiasts for -I-Munda, so we made a small coverage here: http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/?p=4258

If i can do anything to support this projekt, just let me know

those are some pretty awesome conversions on those links on dakka dakka.
    40k Joke: What do you call a lasgun with a lasersight?

Twin linked... Badum-tish

You know you want to laugh.

I am busy trying to put together some =I= Munda rules, in which the initial outlay for your force also includes the creation of a starship, as the campaigns do not always take pplace on the same planet. The ships can later be upgraded the same as members (just far more expensive, ). What I am trying to get but keep stumbling on is the chief concept. I want this to be a smaller scale game than 40k, focusing on groups that are too small to be adequately reflected on such a scale, such as admech explorators, genestealer cults, pirates, rogue traders etc. At the same time I want my players to enjoy the option of slowly building a small private army with one or two chimeras or a number of landspeeders/jetbikes. This would require the model count restriction to be lifted, but then leads to logistical difficulties with allocating xp and keeping tabs. I dont really want to drop that option, as it allows character models to come into their own, bestowing bonuses on followers within range, and leading to the creation of effective units moving together due to the effects of their leaders, rather than the 40k-esque 'all models have to stick together', which can fall apart if the leading character is injured or killed. Also if two characters are both within range of a follower, only the senior character can give orders as the follower is intent on him rather than the junior, who should also be listening to the senior characters commands. This leads to units functioning seperately, while supporting each other, but also allows for dynamic tactics as members of one squad rush away to strengthen a weakened unit or heavy weapons are reallocated to where they are more urgently needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
    I am busy trying to put together some =I= Munda rules, in which the initial outlay for your force also includes the creation of a starship, as the campaigns do not always take pplace on the same planet. The ships can later be upgraded the same as members (just far more expensive, ). What I am trying to get but keep stumbling on is the chief concept. I want this to be a smaller scale game than 40k, focusing on groups that are too small to be adequately reflected on such a scale, such as admech explorators, genestealer cults, pirates, rogue traders etc. At the same time I want my players to enjoy the option of slowly building a small private army with one or two chimeras or a number of landspeeders/jetbikes. This would require the model count restriction to be lifted, but then leads to logistical difficulties with allocating xp and keeping tabs. I dont really want to drop that option, as it allows character models to come into their own, bestowing bonuses on followers within range, and leading to the creation of effective units moving together due to the effects of their leaders, rather than the 40k-esque 'all models have to stick together', which can fall apart if the leading character is injured or killed. Also if two characters are both within range of a follower, only the senior character can give orders as the follower is intent on him rather than the junior, who should also be listening to the senior characters commands. This leads to units functioning seperately, while supporting each other, but also allows for dynamic tactics as members of one squad rush away to strengthen a weakened unit or heavy weapons are reallocated to where they are more urgently needed.
    Lots of potential within this framework... I'm very interested to see how it all plays out. Also the modeling that's been done so far is some of the best I've ever seen... Very inspiring stuff.

Will there be guilders or some other form of currency as the main way to create your team? How will that work out for buying ships, because obviously ships would be MUCH more expensive than hiring a guide with a laspistol.

Creds as the main form of currency, but that is another issue. Pirates would be able to sell to fences and make money that way. Ad-Mech would have no need as they are funded, but how to represent it? Every different force would need a seperate method of purchasing equipment, and that equipment would be very different from the next force, both in cost and quality.

With regard to the ship, you start with a basic frame that you can upgrade with initial funds or upgrade later. You can also scavenge equipment for the ship or loot it off other vessels or in missions. Again these would have to vary depending on race and force type. The ship may seem expensive, but remember that you are not restricted in your force-size except by the capacity of your vessel, and that starts very small. The cost of the upgrade allows you to have more troops and even vehicles, so it should be prohibitively expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
    Creds as the main form of currency, but that is another issue. Pirates would be able to sell to fences and make money that way. Ad-Mech would have no need as they are funded, but how to represent it? Every different force would need a seperate method of purchasing equipment, and that equipment would be very different from the next force, both in cost and quality.

With regard to the ship, you start with a basic frame that you can upgrade with initial funds or upgrade later. You can also scavenge equipment for the ship or loot it off other vessels or in missions. Again these would have to vary depending on race and force type. The ship may seem expensive, but remember that you are not restricted in your force-size except by the capacity of your vessel, and that starts very small. The cost of the upgrade allows you to have more troops and even vehicles, so it should be prohibitively expensive.
    Sounds like it could be very complicated very quickly, but has a great potential for really doing a great narrative-themed Necromunda-based campaign. Would there be aspects of Dark Heresy involved (other than the obvious).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast