Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chirons p-log of miscellany

Chirons p-log of miscellany

In attempt to get myself painting more and a lot more of the bare metal and plastic bits out of my life I've decided to start another painting log, my old Tomb Kings are also now done so no need to update the old thread anymore. Dont expect to be updating this log often but I'll do my best.

I've always prefered actually modelling things to painting them, I fondly remember the Mordheim board that had nothing but vast quantities of housing built from nothing but cereal boxes that I used to have. Sadly terrain has to take a back seat as I've nowhere to store it or play on it in my flat. Still... should be able to make up some objective markers.

I obtained 2 plastic Ogres a while back, I got them in trade for some miscellaneous bits and have been meaning to convert them for a while as I'm not fond of the new background for them, prefer the old 80's models, one of which is currently being stripped of paint now.

l

Re: Chirons p-log of miscellany

Lastly we have Lupus Vulpine:
    Have recently started a game of Dark Heresy with some of the people from my Tuesday gaming group as the club closed from Christmas. Rolled up a Noble Cleric and chuckled evilly as I was able to equip him pretty nicely.

Lupus is the 8th son of Admiral Marius Vulpine, cousin to the Lord of House Vulpine an ancient house of the Calixis sector who have links to the sectors military and naval assets. Lupus has spent much of his life in the Vulpine Chantry on Scintilla, groomed to serve the Emperor as a cleric of the Ecclesiarchy.

A strong willed and ambitious young man Lupus has never truly been content with the prospect of serving the church, a capable fighter and excellent leader he has constantly chafed at the prospect of spending his life tied down to a god forsaken holy world or ministerial role and has spent years angling for assignment to the Imperial Guard as a chaplain. So far House Forchanann, hereditary rivals to the Vulpine, have prevented this at every turn.

It is these qualities that have brought him to the attention of Inquisition agents, seeing an opportunity for advancement and gaining valuable connections Lupus jumped at the chance, his initial assignment has seen him sent to Sepherus Secundus to rendezvous with a cell of Acolytes inbound to investigate recent rebel activity on the planet.

Lupus is clad in a tight fitting outfit of Mesh Armour and wields a hand cannon and sword (despite the model showing a Bolt Pistol and Chainsword,) he wears an ancient pelt of Wolf skin gifted to him on his 21st nameday.

Oh nice, we are going to get to see your Dark Heresy character. It's a shame I couldn't make it along to the games but who knows, you may see me later in the campaign!

Looking forward to seeing your progress here.
    For your convenience:The spikedog all-in-wonder-log! 40K, Fantasy, Necromunda, Scenery, its all there!

The Attic Gaming Club Podcast - Just in case you wanted to hear me chat rubbish with other gamers...

Quote Originally Posted by spikedog View Post
    Oh nice, we are going to get to see your Dark Heresy character. It's a shame I couldn't make it along to the games but who knows, you may see me later in the campaign!
    Hopefully, it'd be nice to see the campaign carry on after christmas!

I spent last night busy painting him up

A couple of updates, its been a very... well cancelled christmas for me tbh so paintings been last thing on my mind, my dad died just a couple of days beforehand :cries:

I've been working on a couple of things over this week anyway first up is the painted Knight chappie

Both he and the horse took about an hour or so to paint, I've added my first attempt at source lighting to him to see how it goes. Not sure if he's in a position that the horse actually needs any tbh... though that isnt his horse, his is currently covered in green stuff as I attempt to make it look bigger and better than current horses.

Next up is a WIP command squad for my Valhallan army, the glorious Aventine

Update!

Goodness its been a while... here we see what was intended to be the horse for the guy with the torch, instead he's been used as a mount for a wip bsb

Who can double as a Witch Hunter/Warrior Priest!

Finished the Standard Bearer along with a group of Knights

Closer views

Also done some work on a Casket for my Tomb Kings, as its a Celtic themed army I went with a Cauldron rather than the traditonal Ark of the Covenant look

For all intents and purposes this is done, but you can see the foot bandages havent been done, not sure if they ever will...

I've been busy with painting up some models for a friend the last few days, nothing fancy

In between I've painted up a Steam Tank and Gamezone general

Size comparison

Some works in progress

Tilean war altar, based on a roman chariot

(if anyone has some spare TK chariot poles let me know)

Venerable Thaumatage

*blows the dust off the thread*

Well now... I've been busy moving but starting to settle down now so I've got some painting in

Some WIP shots of the Altar, all thats left is the horses tails and possibly some neatening up

And the priest, based so she can hoof it if the chariot splodes

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    *blows the dust off the thread*

Very nice! These empire conversions are inspirational, even just the addition of rope make it unique! Constructive Criticism about the war altar (sorry!), are you sure about the colourings on the horses? The red seems to me to just.. clash a bit... is that maybe just a bad picture, and it looks better in person? Or am I the only one who thinks this?

edit: I didn't forget that Red is the colour of Rome you were going for

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Karl View Post
    Very nice! These empire conversions are inspirational, even just the addition of rope make it unique! Constructive Criticism about the war altar (sorry!), are you sure about the colourings on the horses? The red seems to me to just.. clash a bit... is that maybe just a bad picture, and it looks better in person? Or am I the only one who thinks this?

edit: I didn't forget that Red is the colour of Rome you were going for
    Good lord, a comment!

The red looks, ok, in person but it was a tough choice on just what colour to go for. Nothing seemed to work well with colour scheme of the armour (itself an experiment.)

In the end I settled for the red as red and white are the predominant colours of the army itself, I also wanted to do something bright, I've been going for a bit of a gritty dark theme in my painting for ages so lighting things up seemed like a nice change

cool wizard
    Without judgement
    Perception would increase a million times
    -Chuck

. Space Wolves Plog .

.;

that general is a really nice model, i haven't seen that before and the barding on the witch hunter's/ warrior priest's horse is fantastic. I agree with mdiscala tht wizard is awesome!
    Iron Warriors log: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...on-Brotherhood

Commission painting service: http://fantasyforger.wix.com/home

"Remember a war is easily won if your enemy does not know he is fighting." - Lord Commander Solar Macharius

Ta fellas

Finished my first Space Hulk Genestealers

Some Tomb Kings today, carried on from this post

Finally completed the huntsman from the Carrion/Fell Bats unit

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast