Thread: Deathstrike Missile Launchers (A How to Guide)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chaplain

Deathstrike Missile Launchers (A How to Guide)

In this thread I am going to show you how to easily scratch build a Deathstrike Missile Launcher.

Before we begin first a history lesson for those who haven't been in the hobby since before they killed all the Squats.

What is the Deathstrike Missile Launcher?
    Simply put the Deathstrike is a mobile ICBM (intercontinental Balisitic Missile) launcher used by the Imperial Guard and Tech Guard as part of Heavy Artillery Companies. Easily able to strike targets on the other side of the planet or in low orbit it was a frequent sight in most EPIC battle reports where it had an anti titan role.
    Capable of launching missiles usually mounted on Titans. Most common armourment was one of 3 missiles: Barrage Missile (Multiple Plasma Warheads - Effect simular to orbital Bombardment), Warp (Plasma Warhead, small warp engin allows it to bypass shields and armour by appearing inside the target), Harpoon (Electronic counter measure payload allows it to take over hostile titans). Most recently the Deathstrike Missile launcher has been fitted with Vortex Missiles (None of mine will be, it's overkill).

Origin of the Deathstrike Missile Launcher
    Back when I started playing in 1995 there was a game system called EPIC, or Space Marine by some.

Working as it did on a smaller scale it allowed GW to invent loads of interesting vehicles many of which are now part of the Warhammer 40'000 game. For example the Leman Russ, Thunder Bolt, Baneblade, Thunderhawk, and Hellhound all started life as EPIC models.

There are also still many EPIC models that haven't yet made the transition to Warhammer 40'000 scale. One of these is the Deathstrike Missile Launcher.

Epic Models
    EPIC (1st Ed )

EPIC 40'000 (2nd Ed)

My Deathstrike Missile Launcher
    If you follow this guide you will end up with this!

The missile can also be lowered

NEXT - What will you need?