I just started playing Warhammer 40,000 again (still not 100% used to the new 5th edition rules yet). Although I collected all the latest rulebooks and codices and glanced through them, I haven't played for a few years. I did spend lots of time collecting and painting new miniatures. I have a nice Crimson Fists army, and a nice Tyranid army, among others. After playing a game at my local game store, and reading through some of the codices, I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be quite the "codex creep" that was so prevalent in the 3rd Edition. Normal Codex Space Marines are actually worth playing again! I'm curious to see what others think, if they share my opinion or have a totally different view of things.

Note that I'm not looking for a debate. If you think the "codex creep" is far worse than 3rd edition, or if you think 40k is absolutely the worst game ever invented, I will totally respect your opinion since this is only a game, and I personally like what I see of this latest edition so far.