Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Current Epic Army Lists

Re: Current Epic Army Lists

Question regarding the cost of Chaos Space Marine Terminators.

Am I missing something, adding it up wrongly or what?
    Looking at the entry in the Black Legion Chaos army list it states:
    One Chaos Space Marine Lord Charachter upgrade and from 4 to 6 Terminator Units at 65 pts pr. unit.
    Say I take 4 stands this will mean that I pay 260 pts for 4 terminators with a charachter attached.

A normal Space marine player would pay 375 (325 for the terminators +50 for a charachter) or 400 (if using the UK Torunement Army List)

Can anyone please explain to me why there is such a huge difference in the cost?

One very simple thing. Black Legion Space Marines know FEAR. They don't require 2 blast markers per unit to break.

Banned

Agreed. The difference between having ATSKNF and not having it is astronomical in epic. Far more important than in 40k. Even a unit that is `Fearless` only requires one blast marker to suppress a unit as opposed to two; it is not `better` than ATSKNF just different.

Chroma updated the Iybraesil Eldar list a while back.
    -Malakai

Who are Iybraesil, and what's special about their army list?

I tried looking on tacticalwargames.net, but the forums are down, and everything else appears to be archive material.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGPaul View Post
    I tried looking on tacticalwargames.net, but the forums are down, and everything else appears to be archive material.
    If you're looking for the NetEA Army Lists, most of them can be found here, or on subsequent pages:

Force List Gallery
    EPIC Eldar Armies Champion
    EPIC Tyranid Army Champion
    NetEA-ERC
    Lead Designer "EPIC: Total War"

"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up an immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..." - Pope Nag, rpg.net.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGPaul View Post
    Who are Iybraesil, and what's special about their army list?
    The Iybraesil army list is something of my own design with help and advice from Chroma. I tried to portray the average Craftworld without any derivations. This Craftworld is Guardian and Dire Avenger oriented with a fair number of Aspect Warriors to back them up. It's a bit of a balance between the all aspect forces of the Swordwind of Beil-Tan and the all Guardian forces of Ulthwe.

I think this list is harder to play than most, but it does have an advantage. Other than Saim-Hann it is the only Craftworld that can take the Vampire Hunter.

All in all I believe it to be the most "Codex" like of the Eldar lists, and by that I mean as customizable as they are in 40K. If you decide to give them a shot tell us what you think.
    -Malakai

While Taccoms has been down, I have been making further progress in tidying up lists. The World Eaters Dominion of Fire list 'play document' is ready. I will get some further work towards the World Eaters supplement done in the next few weeks.

I also have a v0.3 Chaos Dwarf list drafted up and almost ready to start on playtests. I will do some further work on this as well so as to introduce the newer units to people in the form of pictures as represented by the stats.

Work on these two has also encouraged Morgan and myself to discuss a variant Ork Freebooterz list.

Let it never be said that we have a shortage of lists

World Eaters

Here is the most recent version of the World Eaters list.

I hope to start some play tests on this one when I get some other projects out of the way.

Constructive comments always welcomed

Cheers...
    Last edited by frogbear; 21-03-2010 at 02:18.

Banned

Send me a Chaos Squat list when it's ready for Comments and Criticism. I would like to be involved and help out wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Worms View Post
    Send me a Chaos Squat list when it's ready for Comments and Criticism. I would like to be involved and help out wherever possible.
    That would be awesome. I just need to balance a few units and work out some rules issues.

What I could do with is some help on War Engines. I have 3 so far, yet I am definitely open to more ideas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frogbear View Post
    What I could do with is some help on War Engines. I have 3 so far, yet I am definitely open to more ideas.
    Weren't they the original builders of all the Khorne DE's ? Sort of how Chaos Dwarfs worship some obscure version of Khorne, and are the pre-eminent daemonsmiths of WHFB?

Weren't they the original builders of all the Khorne DE's ?
    I do have the Lord of Battles in there as well as the Death Dealer (Transport). I replaced the Cannon of Khorne with the Hellfire Cannon. I do not want to add too much 'Khorne' in there however. It would be good to get some 'squiatish' stuff that has gone 'Chaosy'.

Banned

Maybe some kind of mole transport that sends faceless peon slaves as throwaway shock troops into the enemy lines?

Maybe some kind of mole transport that sends faceless peon slaves as throwaway shock troops into the enemy lines?
    Close. Very close....

Banned

I just want an army list that says "peons" on it, to be honest. It would make me very happy.

My greatest joy in Apocalypse is sending my 100+ man mob of cultists to their deaths.
    What? Don't you judge me....

I just realised that the World Eaters V6 list I loaded up on post #42 had an error in the points costs and desriptions for the naval fleet.

I have now corrected this error. If you have downloaded those rules before this post, please re-download this to gain the correct version.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Question Pulse Rifles do what now?

I have a question regarding the Tau Fire Warrior; mostly the decision to mark a half squad's combined weapons as a 30cm AP5 attack. (In advance, I'm working from the revised 5.1 list)
    While at first I thought this was ridiculous, I did a bit of remembering and realised that the Pulse Rifle has the misfortune to come squarely between the ranges of a standard small arm (24" = 15cm Small Arms) and a Heavy Bolter (36" = 30cm). I also noted that in a firefight a group of Fire Warriors are about as effective as Guardsmen but for the saving grace of better armour.

Am I missing something here? I understand the justification to make Pulse Rifles sit at the longer range but I don't understand the justification to not give said Pulse Rifles the Small Arms tag. Last I checked, Pulse Rifles were utterly deadly at short range in GW's more popular game. Not even Pulse Carbines (18" range in standard 40k) are marked as Small Arms. Rail Rifles, meant to be a one shot, one kill weapon are AP5 compared to the Pulse Rifles AP4.

Help me get this straight? I thought the Tau fluff made their way of fighting seem to be about suddenly arriving in the enemy's face, removing said face with precision firepower then getting the heck outta there before casualties got too high. Devilfish in, Firefight, leave so many blast markers the enemy can't retaliate, Devilfish out. I personally would rather see Pulse Rifles be Small Arms conveying FF3+ and Pulse Carbines being FF4+ disrupt.

Thoughts? Measured debate? Intelligent rebuttal? If anyone can show me what a blind fool i've been, please do, because this has been bugging me for weeks now.

Cheers all for your support for an under-appreciated and under-supported game, by the way. Keep it up!

Chaplain

Have a look over at TacCom website, that's where the development of the list is...

Very simply, the tau list had their FF neutered in favour of an increase in ranged attacks (hence why Fire Warriors have Pulse ranged attacks, but poor FF) - This is to emulate the tau way of fighting... they don't risk thier troops by letting them be shot at (in an engagement)

TacComms goes into much more detail

As mentioned, I would never stop someone venturing over to TacCmd and checking this out.

However, the issue has always been with the FF value of the Tau, which has been going on pretty much since day one. When you say 'make the Pulse Rifle small arms' you are really saying, increase the FF value, as far as I can see. There are several problems with this. Firstly, it brings the tau closer to the Eldar in play style, which is really something that should be avoided. Secondly, the Tau are not really a 'drop in your face' force. They are more about a storm of bullets at medium range, and maneouverability. Making the Tau a FF-heavy force really encourages the Fire Warriors charging forwards into the enemy. Forces are most often and best described by their weaknesses, not their strengths, and the Tau should not be effective at such close range to the enemy.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast