Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sons of Sek

Re: Sons of Sek

I don't think you're really wrong, the picture of the soldier has a similar idea to you. Maybe the soldiers didn't see the subtlety of Seks original gesture and copied it wrong.

Very cool to see varying style of traitor guard. I like the mouth guard fingers even if they dont completely match I like it, kinda like the cronicles of riddick necromungers
    Last edited by tcraigen; 08-06-2009 at 23:04.

Simply put my man, those look BA. I love them! Great work
    "I Aim to Misbehave" -Malcolm Reynolds

Brother Sergeant

Quick update, got some painting done on these guys. I'm going to go and buy some parts today and keep working on the next batch.

But something happened to the color. I must've mixed the wrong proportion. I much prefer the original tone and will go back to it on the next batch.

@thallos: thanks! BA is what I'm looking for

@TwoKing and Cragan, I'm glad you think its okay. I'm going to run with it for now, but I'm planning on trying out some variants at some point soon.

Hello Mr T (yeah, I went there, thought it might make you feel BA again!).

I really like the work you've done here, your work on the fatigues in particular looks really good- I can appreciate how difficult it can be to get a good effect with yellow fatigues against black armour.

Heh heh, the latest dude with the grenade looks like he's hefting it thoughtfully: 'Now where shall I throw this?'

Good work, five stars definitely

Brother Sergeant

Thanks!

I'm not sure exactly what he's doing with that grenade, its not the best pose all things considered.

I've got a little bit of a pictureless update.

I'm going to keep slogging on this squad of ten, and hopefully finish it along side the following:

I want to sculpt/heavily convert their leader. I'm not sure what he will end up looking like, but I'll probably do some sketches and get started in the next day or so. I do know that a powerfist or sword is in the works, along with some kinda backpack.

I'm also thinking about tanks. I figure I'll test out some schemes but I won't start doing any armor till the new kits come out. I suppose I could try out a sentinel in the mean time though.

Anyway, if you have any ideas for an armor color scheme, let me know.

The armour will indeed be tricky. Does Abnett describe it in any of the books? If you go too yellow it will look like Imperial Fists, and dirty yellow is vey difficult to paint. It just looks too dirty, if you know what I mean. How about taking a look at how the studio paint the Bad Moon vehicles?

I really like the second guy. The hand looks much more integrated into the armour than the first guy. I don't think slightly different yellows is a problem, in fact it's nice and choatic. Why don't you paint them in batches, 3 or 4 in the same tone, then 3 or 4 ever so slightly different.

I've been waiting for someone to do these, and i must say you've done a good job. I'm not that sold on the hand though, its more of a clenched fist then a cupped hand.

They look fabulous none the less, and the painting is great.

Cheers

Sheep
    Sheep's laying a log For all things Imperial
    The Ammobunker Forums with humour
    Sheep's Sons of Horus For all things 30k
    Sheep does Adeptus Mechanicus Latest project

Forlorn Hope, my blog

These guys, considering the limited amount of info you have to work from, are great! Everyone on here has done Blood Pact so far (I should know, I'm a part of that problem too!) but no one has touched the others really. A great first attempt for Warseer, and an awesome result for you!

They look great (particularly the yellow, very... aposematic ) and I like the white skin. I agree that some catachan parts might get across the 'heavily muscled' bit.

More, more, MORE!!!! I want to see a full squad of these badboys ASAP - don't spare the horses!

Sorry got a bit carried away there. Needless to say these look great.
    Check out these spacewolves!

Follow the progress of the Great Crusade here.

Follow our latest Battle Reports: Report 1
    Report 2

You've embarked on an ambitious project. I'm interested to see where you're taking it.

The first two troopers certainly look promising. I love the effect of the make-up -- which must be hard to paint in a way that comes off as looking like make-up, rather than simply a hurried paint job. Your take on it works very convincingly. The result is very characterful -- kind of creepy, in fact.

Carry on! You're off to a wonderful start.
    The Harrowed: My Demon Army's Warseer project log

Commander

Looking very good!
    Your views much appreciated as I need all the help I can get!
    My WH blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195162
    My Iron warriors and word bearers project log http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260551
    Imperial Blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288036
    Xenos Blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288038

Commander Metal Fingered Villain's Avatar

These are pretty slick, although from traitor general I could have sworn I read the sons of sek had blue fatigues? Was it changed to yellow in the Armor of Contempt or am I just crazy? Either or, its always good to see some traitor guard armies that don't involve those FW torso's. I'm currently assembling funds to start a new veteren heavy traitor guard army, with lots of valkyries and leman russ tanks. Looking forward to your updates sir, those yellow fatigues are beautiful.
    A keen drum machine buff who feans for more green stuff.
    I am available for painting/sculpting commissions. PM me if interested or send me an email at KingKonstad@aol.com.
    My Chaos Log
    Xenos Infections
    Loyalist Scum
    MY BLOG

The yellow does look a bit brighter and I do like the tone on the first one better, but that said you do amazing work with the yellow. It almost looks like NNM gold and makes a great contrast to the black armor. A limited palette like this really pops out.

Brother Sergeant

Nearly finished this guy: The rust is incomplete though. Failed expirement that'll be remedied shortly.

I'll be trying out some armor on an old Chimera very soon.

@rabidchild: Thank you. I'm glad you like it. I hadn't noticed that its similar to NMM gold before. Perhaps I'll have to give that a try soon. I too like the original tone best and will be headed back that way.

@Metal Fingered: I'm not sure if they wore blue in the original book, though that book does include a variety of chaos forces. I'm looking forwards to seeing your stuff!

@Hammer: Thanks

@Fist of Dorn: its a slow process, but I'm going to have lots more free times starting in about 48 hours, so it'll pick up. I cant wait to see them done either

@Deselby: Haha! I'll grab some aposematic catachans tomorrow

@Chatto: Thank you very much!

@Sheep: From you sir, an honor. I'm working on some cupped hands right now, and once the sculpting is showable, I'll share. I'm waiting on some bits aswell.

@TwoKing: I'm not sure if he does describe it, but I'll be doing the research. As soon as I've got more than one put together at once, I'll start some batches.

Brother Sergeant

And I got some new toys:

And here's a pose idea for the next one in line. Thoughts?

A quick snap of my wet-pallet (aka life saving godsend):

I like the 3rd guys pose, but I think I'd change how the lasgun is being held. Cutting and turning the hand so that it runs alongside his body rather than held in front, hand being attached on the side of the gun rather than the bottom.

Really like the diamond pattern on the head of the second guy.

These are fantastic. Keep going and keep posting!

Lovely stuff - I've always felt that Dan Abnett's books contained a wealth of ideas for Chaos troops that Forgeworld should plunder. What were those Daemons he had in one book? Wire Wolves?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast