Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chaplain

Rules Questions

Figured it would be nice to have a single thread for rules questions.

I have one...can a marine use command points during the stealers turn to go into overwatch or guard?

Chapter Master

Re: Rules Questions

yes you can spend a command point in the stealers turn, each time they perform and action, you cannot go into overwatch though, just shoot em

Brother Sergeant

just to tack onto this I have a couple of questions too.

Can a marine shoot a stealer in an adjacent square or does he have to perform a combat attack?

Can a marine intentionaly fall down a ladder? - I doubt he can but it'd love to accidentaly kill the almost indestructable broodlord by dropping a terminator on it.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    yes you can spend a command point in the stealers turn, each time they perform and action, you cannot go into overwatch though, just shoot em
    Could you tell me where it says this in rulebook? I searched through it last night and since we couldn't find it anywhere we were allowing marines to go into overwatch during the stealer turn! No wonder it was so easy for the marines to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleby View Post
    Could you tell me where it says this in rulebook? I searched through it last night and since we couldn't find it anywhere we were allowing marines to go into overwatch during the stealer turn! No wonder it was so easy for the marines to win.
    Pg 11 although it doesn't say anything about not being allowed to go into overwatch. It says you can perform an action.

Checking the "Action Point Table" on the back of the book lists the available actions and includes over watch. Ergo I'd say you could go into overwatch if you saw a stealer perform an action.

Then you could shoot it on it's next action as you wern't in over watch until it finished its action.

I'm pretty sure the rulebook says you 'have to' roll for making the ladder check.
    Man, I've seen this all before, and there's only one way it can end. In blood, tears, and the limp-wristed flailing of nerd-slaps.
    How To Fight a Striking Scorpion: Do not make eye contact, if you do, you have been shot in the face.

Yes you can shoot a stealer in an adjacent square. You do not have to attack it in CC.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... and then it's just fun!

When you spend command points in the stealers turn you can use them to perform a single action in response to an action. The action you can perform can be for more than one CP and doesn't have to be a shooting action.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... and then it's just fun!

Chapter Master

yes but my point was you cant go into overwatch, but you can shoot them anyway using a command point instead - besides if you were that worried about them, why didnt you use the command points to go into overwatch in your own turn

Does the stealer get his blip reinforcements in his first turn?

i.e. is he moving 4 blips in his first turn as he 'starts' the game with 2 in hand already and then gets 2 'reinforcements' in his first turn?

Rev

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    Does the stealer get his blip reinforcements in his first turn?

i.e. is he moving 4 blips in his first turn as he 'starts' the game with 2 in hand already and then gets 2 'reinforcements' in his first turn?

Rev
    Thats how I read it

Brother Sergeant

Here's something I want confirmed rather than a question: If you fire the Heavy Flamer you may do absolutely nothing else: zero, nil, nada. No change of facing, no movement, no peeing your armor, etc. Even with the command points. You can however fire the flamer more than once if you have line of sight.

This is how I read the rules, but it's so freaking limiting I just wanted to confirm it.

(God that Suicide Mission is difficult to win if you're a marine!)

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by axabrax View Post
    Here's something I want confirmed rather than a question: If you fire the Heavy Flamer you may do absolutely nothing else: zero, nil, nada. No change of facing, no movement, no peeing your armor, etc. Even with the command points. You can however fire the flamer more than once if you have line of sight.

This is how I read the rules, but it's so freaking limiting I just wanted to confirm it.

(God that Suicide Mission is difficult to win if you're a marine!)
    I think what it means is that you cannot use the 'free shot' with a move or turn to fire the heavy flamer. My understanding is that you can still move and fire the heavy flamer but if you want to move 1 space and fire it would cost 3AP unlike the 1AP it would cost for a marine with stormbolter.

But I could be wrong and I probably am since I can't figure out this overwatch query

That's how it appears Axabrax. They cost 2 AP and cannot be used in the same action as a move or turn and can't go on overwatch.

Ok my question. It says marines cannot make 180 degree turns. But it says they can make 90 degree turns. So can I make 2 90 degree turns? They are each a seperate action but you end up having turned 180 degrees.

If yes then they should really simply list 180 as a 2AP action. If not then you're left with really weird rules where you cannot make 2 consecutive 90 degree turns (or 2 90 degree turns in the same direction during your turn), despite it not actually saying that.

Hellebore
    "Humanity's Insignificance pales in comparison to its Ego." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

"The capacity to think does not assign importance to your thoughts, it merely indicates you can." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

Chaplain

So you can go into overwatch during the genestealers turn?

Hellebore: Yeah you can make two 90 degree turns, they just can't do a 180 straight up like genestealers.

But why do they list 180 degrees as "-"? You can do a 180 degree turn, it just takes 2APs to do it. It lists 180 degrees as 1AP for a stealer, why couldn't they list it as 2AP for a terminator?

It's this particular point that made me wonder if you really could turn 180.

Hellebore
    "Humanity's Insignificance pales in comparison to its Ego." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

"The capacity to think does not assign importance to your thoughts, it merely indicates you can." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

Chaplain

I believe it's to represent that the terminators are nowhere near as agile as the genestealers who are able to complete the 180 for 1AP. Also remember that by doing two 90 degree turns you'll also be able to get in two free shots if you want them.

I really want some definitive answer on this overwatch thing though

I believe it's to represent that the terminators are nowhere near as agile as the genestealers who are able to complete the 180 for 1AP. Also remember that by doing two 90 degree turns you'll also be able to get in two free shots if you want them.
    Yeah sure. But they list 3 seperate actions a terminator can do as costing 2APs, but specifically list 180 degree turns as "-".

I really want some definitive answer on this overwatch thing though
    I don't see why you can't. It's one of those 2AP actions. You can perform an action per genestealer action. If you've got command points left and a genestealer performs an action you can spend 1CPs and go on overwatch.

Hellebore

Ok, you're all going to say this is a retarded question but here goes:

I got my Space Hulk literally an hour ago, and how many action points does each side get? It states genestealers get 6 and marines get 4. Is that per model? Or per side?

And the command points for the space marines, they can go to any marine as many times as you have right? So if you draw a six, you can theoretically get 10 actions on one marine?

And I ask because if it is per model, how can the marines get it done in 3 minutes. If it is per side, that is just not enough actions. So please help quick! (Me and my friend want to start soon)
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten, why were they made out of food?

Quote Originally Posted by Mannimarco View Post
    aint never any naked nids

I didn't have a lot of time to look over the game last night (never played the original, only space crusade which was different and cant remember that now anyway.)

I have a couple of questions which I didn't immediately understand,

On over watch, why shoot a door if it closes? Am I reading that right?

With the flamer, what counts as being hit? From the pictures i see its a round template. Is it any moving space (square) touched by the template or all spaces in that section. When moving around a burning room, same question (squares touched or whole room).

It might be clear in the rule book, but I read it late last night after footy training and was tired so might not have read it right.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast