This is an idea that I've had for years- something that I would like to see Games Workshop pick up on. After seeing the BoLS supplements and play-aids, this idea becomes even more plausible.

Some of the fun aspects of Rogue Trader was all the random charts, and seemingly endless sub-plots or things you could throw together to make unique games. Over the years many faucets of what had made RT cool were republished in the Citadel Journal, Chapter Approved, White Dwarf, online and other areas.

What I suggest is compling a list of these items into a sort of 'advanced gamer' supplement. These games would be more in the line of 'fun' games between friends and not competitive WAAC tournament games. Some 4+ing for rules might be needed but that's okay so long as everyone's having fun.

Things I would like to see included would be:
+A reworked 40K in 40 Minutes and Kill Team into a skirmish set. Set the point at 500-750, bar certain things as too powerful, give all squads the Combat Squads rule. Along with this goes a list of interesting, whacky sub-plots like RT, BFG to give the games a reason to be happening. Keep Kill Team as is for the feel on infiltrating a single squad on a suicide mission. Make some basic rules on how the games apply to each other.
+Vehicle Design Rules (VDR came out in WD several years ago and wasn't too bad for fun play.
+Creature Feature, or creature VDR. This came out in WD and online a few years back. This allowed people to make aliens and animals for use in games- random animals for Death Worlds, powerful monsters both armies are trying to kill/capture, even Enslavers made an appearance.
+Hazardous Environments. This also was online, maybe in WD. It was based on the NEcromunda hazardous terrain tables. Using this table you could make any dangerous planet, moon, asteroid or whereever your battlefield. Perhaps your army needs to knock out an outpost on a small moon prior to an invasion, but there's a meteorshower raining death from above?
+Expanded missions. There have been a lot of cool missions published over the years. I'd like to see a decent selection of these compiled into a list of alternate/story-based missions.

Basically all this stuff has already been published over the last 5-10 years. It would be interesting to use it all, revamp parts to bring it in line with 5th edition, and use it to expand the hobby.

Ideas, suggestions, gripes?