Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bunkers, barricades and battlefield bits

Re: Bunkers, barricades and battlefield bits

Looking great, especially the bunkers.

What did you use for the camo netting?

EDIT: Never mind, found the answer in your guard thread
    Last edited by Freakiq; 05-06-2010 at 18:09.
    Quote Originally Posted by T10
    As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking.

Had this lump of resin sitting in a box for a couple of years, was half done for a long time. Just attacked it with a large flat brush and filled it with Grunts:

Going to add some posters, litter, maybe some sandbags/boarding over some of the windows, and eventually some foliage.

Librarian

Awesome! You know Ash, I think I look forward to your scenery project log updates more than any other log. I think it would look nice if it was a little fortified, maybe with some ad-hoc comms relay or something against on of the pillars?
    Imperial Guard Project Log including scratchbuilt salamander.
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247616

Cheers, that's very nice of you to say so.
    It definitely needs some extras, as it is a tad bland. Once finished I hope it will be more like this Adminitratum I finished a couple of years ago:

It was missing the origional walkways so I made some out of textured plastic card, also added a few posters, barrels etc

That is absolutely perfect!
    I love that shot of the barbed wire. I could get lost in your terrain.
    I'm soon to embark on a large scale Cities of Death terrain project.
    This is an inspiration!
    :skull: "Manic Mantic Fanatic" :skull:
    Mantic's manic antics on YouTube collection...Here!

Started to add bits to the Censorium. Hopefully I'll leave enough space to fit minis.
    Can cram in a couple of squads as it is:

A lot of these blokes have yet to be finished.

Think I'm done with this. Added a few sandbags, some posters, a medium sized crate, some boarding, fuel cans, bit of fence and a couple of dead blokes. Will add some ivy to the outside walls once I get hold of some Birch seed bits:

Scout

Ash, these terrain pieces all look amazing, well done Sir!

If possible, could I ask how you clean your resin? I have many pieces of the FW scenery but no matter how i clean or prep it, paint still flakes off after I try priming and painting.

Looking forward to seeing more work!

Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    Ash, these terrain pieces all look amazing, well done Sir!

If possible, could I ask how you clean your resin? I have many pieces of the FW scenery but no matter how i clean or prep it, paint still flakes off after I try priming and painting.

Looking forward to seeing more work!

Thanks for the kind comment.

I hate flaking paint!!!
    I tend to fill the kitchen sink with hot water and washing up liquid, leave the piece to soak whilst I make a cup of tea, then give it a good going over with a nail brush.
    Rinse it off under the hot tap, scrubbing all the way. Once dry if you can still see any shiny areas, have another go.

On large flat areas I give it a rub down with Tamiya finishing sandpaper , it just ruffs up the surface enough for the primer to have something to stick to.
    Even so I always miss a bit that chooses to flake off just when I thought I'd finished.
    I get some thin superglue and glue those primed, base coated, shaded and highlighted, washed and weathered flakes back on!
    Shame to waste them.
    If they haven't quite come off, get some thin superglue on a pin and let it flow under the offending flake, then press it down with the back end of a paint brush.
    An other thing, as I did with this model was to give it (prior to sticking on all the extra bits and weathering) a heavy sprayed coating of varnish to try to seal everything in.
    So far nothing has fallen off! Fingers crossed.

Here's a few close ups:

wow I wish I had the ebay finding skills that you have, however all jealousy aside I love the work you have put into the buildings making them look like the inhabitants are in a long and hard campaign and they have done everything they could to be more secure in their location.

Looking at this log really makes me want to make some scenery for my club and for myself for use at home. I would really love to make myself a modular board with trenches for my guard, but where to store it? I already use far to much space for Warhammer.
    The way to true power is to put yourself second in command
    10,000 of Guard; 2,500 of Dwarfs; 2,000 of Daemonhunters; 500 of Bretonnia
    General Selling Thread- http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293709
    Wanted Thread- http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...43#post5583443

Germany, between Heidelberg and Karlsruhe

Excellent as usual
    Rated and subscribed.
    Cheers
    Klaus
    ZEUS super heavy tank for the Imperial Guard

...Even though I find it a bit unfair to throw the argument of "reality" into the ring, in an universe where not one tank has even remotely spotted the slightest glimpse of the outer spheres of reality...

@ Radical : I cheat on ebay, I have various search criteria saved and get emailed when something turns up! Also having used the site for a few years now, I know any particular model has a good chance of popping up again, so I don't bid 'over the odds'. If something is over what I'm prepared to pay I'll let it go, eventually tend to get things at 'the right price'.

@ bigcheese76 : I have a 'fantasy' 40k board that so far only exists in my imagination, slowly collecting parts for it. Most of the terrain pieces I have will hopefully 'bed in' to it

@ Klaus, not Santa : Cheers, still got a few bits to finish off; the crashed shuttle from the Macragge boxed set and some Micro Arts walls/emplacements.

Here's some oldish pics of the first piece I did, it was in awful condition when I bought it secondhand. All the steps and girder edges were broken off and some of the parts for the radar were missing. Had to make replacement parts from plasticard. The gun barrels were the worst, as they were bent like a bunch of bananas.

Also re-based all the guard since these pictures were taken.

Been a while . . . .
    Wanted one of these for ever.
    Another eBay find, for some reason the seller didn't mention Forge World in the listing title, so I got it for 19

Anyhoo . . . here's some before shots:

Marine

I'm loving the blog! It's extremely inspiring. Could I ask where you get that mesh wire from for the fences?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticflanagan View Post
    I'm loving the blog! It's extremely inspiring. Could I ask where you get that mesh wire from for the fences?

Thanks!
    Cheers for the feedback.

The wire mesh came from Halfords, it's the stuff used for car bodywork repairs.

Wow, the models were so amazing I forgot to look at the actual resin cast itself. One question though, are you planing on incorporating all of the pieces into some huge collective board or just having them scattered about?

Nice job on those terrain pieces man. You've managed to do some really great resurrections on some of them. Any chance we could see them all set up on a table?
    Vostroyan 151st =- Imperial Guard Log -=
    Daemon Slayers of the West =- Grey Knights Log -=

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    - Robert E. Howard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast