Thread: Help me find this short animated film...

Help me find this short animated film...

Okay this one's gonna be hard, but given this is Warseer and the demographic of British students with weird taste on here, there is a chance someone will know what I'm talking about. So here goes:
    I'm trying to find the name of a surreal short animated film that appeared on British Channel 4 as part of the Beyond Dope Sheet series of animation around 1-2.00 AM just over ten years ago, late October-November 1999)
    It may have been one of the student films that won RSA student Design Awards and were televised as part of that series (according to the BFI online database I was digging thru before)

It comprised animation over live action, and had a drawing room where two 19th century ladies (the Dames) whose faces are masks like mannequins and have their fake plastic breasts exposed are sitting fanning themselves.
    A butterfly flits around the room, landing on one of their plastic nipples at one point.
    A grandfather clock strikes midnight, and a drummer (or automaton) in the corner gives a drum roll.
    The dames ballroom-dance slowly with each other across the room, where their own reflections emerge from a tall mirror and dance with them.
    The clock strikes again, the drum roll goes again, and the reflections/dopplegangers return into the mirror, which shatters revealing another one underneath.
    The dames sit down, the doors open and in comes a man in a hat with glasses and a case (the Entomologist)
    He looks around sternly like an authority figure - he notices the tip of one of the dames shoes is visible beneath the hem of her dress, and looks indignantly angry. The other dame quickly stoops and covers it with her fan.
    The guy walks around the room IIRC, he soon notices the butterfly, so his tongue shoots out a yard or so like a frog, catches the butterfly and he takes it and stick it in his case, which is full of them pinned.
    That's all I can remember, but I think it ended around that point.

I caught it by accident and thought mainly WTF? But I liked it. It stuck in my mind for years and I could never find anything bout it since then, so does ANYONE know something this film? I'd like to find out.
    Thanks for any help.

VfV
    "I found myself my own master, and settled down to lead a righteous, sober and Godly life."
    Aleister Crowley (1895)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComingForthByDay
    But you are, of course, correct, vforvenator. And from first impressons you seem like a wonderfully perverse and lusty sort, so that's great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commodus Leitdorf View Post
    ...the happiest moment of his life will be when someone finally puts a sword through him.

Re: Help me find this short animated film...

Sounds like you have enough information to make Google a better bet than a thread like this.

You could always start going down this list:

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/series/609821

Banned

Judging by the description I am also interested.

vforvenator if you find it please let me know

I don't think so, if it's the Entomologist puppet film on YouTube in 2 parts then no that ain't it. My film had actors and cast list.
    It could be Room With Two Mirrors part of this, may be on to something there, if only I could now find something out about that. I'll go look for Nick Collins on a couple filmmaker sites I know and see if I can find out more, I got a DVD of another obscure film for a tenner ages ago by emailing the director and asking about it so perhaps I'll strike gold again.
    If I find it online I'll post a link.

V
    Last edited by vforvenator; 08-04-2010 at 18:09.
    "I found myself my own master, and settled down to lead a righteous, sober and Godly life."
    Aleister Crowley (1895)
    But you are, of course, correct, vforvenator. And from first impressons you seem like a wonderfully perverse and lusty sort, so that's great too.
    ...the happiest moment of his life will be when someone finally puts a sword through him.

Well, _twenty_ years on, I never did find out what that short film was. I thought I might have done so several years ago with the Room with Two Mirrors cited above, but then think I saw a clip of that and realised it wasn't.
    Maybe some day I will find out what it was, but until then it exists only in my memory - and no, definitely wasn't a dream/a K-hole vision or anything.
    V
    Aleister Crowley (1895)

Quote Originally Posted by vforvenator View Post
    Well, _twenty_ years on, I never did find out what that short film was. I thought I might have done so several years ago with the Room with Two Mirrors cited above, but then think I saw a clip of that and realised it wasn't.
    Maybe some day I will find out what it was, but until then it exists only in my memory - and no, definitely wasn't a dream/a K-hole vision or anything.
    V
    I dunno if its any help but I found this website that lists all the Dope Sheet episodes and content, might be something to go on.

https://trakt.tv/shows/dope-sheet/seasons/all

I'm not sure if you can actually watch the episodes, haven't tried making an account.

I am really interested to see if you can find it though

For a minute i thought it might be street of crocodiles, just because there are some topless mannequins in it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WMmgi7RhoU
    Get your Denim Jaeskit on and relive the Glory Days

<*>