Thread: Inquistor Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Inquistor Help

Last night, I mail ordered my first inquistor model - I've played a few games before, and I'm looking forward to getting down to some gaming with my own warband.

But, being a fan of the fedora as hat, I plan on giving my Inquistor one - the only problem is, how to do it.

Right now, the two options I can think of are;

1) Green stuffing one

2) Finding one in Inquistor scale (54mm I think?) that could be used.

Any help?

YY
    Amy hit the atmosphere...caught herself a rocket ride out of this gutter, and she's never coming back I fear....

Get your custom title 'ere! Inquisitor Samos's Avatar

Re: Inquistor Help

Using "Green Stuff" or another model-making epoxy putty ould probably be the easiest method.

There is a company I know of that sells 54mm figurine heads, some with hats: take a look at Item SG-A18 from Andrea Miniatures. One of those heads has a fedora.

It'd likely take a fair bit of care and skill with a razor saw to remove the hat from the head, however..... presuming you didn't want to just use that Andrea head "as-is" of course!

I'm still thinking epoxy putty will be the simpler way to put a fedora on a particular head that doesn't already have one, though.
    Apparently, they had a very good time:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypaspist View Post
    ". . . what the hell happened, where am I, and why are my **** and ***** Blue, and why oh why is there Jam up my ***!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by sigur
    I'll basically spray at any weather (unless it's way too cold). 100% Complete coverage isn't really necessary. I find.
    ][≡ Samos . . :skull:

Yeah, I was leaning towards the "Green Stuff" etc way - it does seem to be the easiest.

YY
    Amy hit the atmosphere...caught herself a rocket ride out of this gutter, and she's never coming back I fear....

I gave my Inquisitor a big hat made of greenstuff, but you could probably apply a similar method to make a fedora.

http://www.warseer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3744

The pictures don't work anymore, because I moved them, but there're some here:

http://samroberts.fotopic.net/c406318_1.html

Basically, I sculped the brim and crown of the hat separately, then joined them together with a hatband made of greenstuff afterwards.
    Like slack-jawed never Gnyaarg. Some then folks'll folks'll skunk, some. the but, again yokel eat a Cletus.
    | Project log |
    McMullet's avatar has poorly hands and so few postings will be written and they may be a little terse.

Get your custom title 'ere! Inquisitor Samos's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Inquistor Help

That's some fine work there, McMullet!
    Apparently, they had a very good time:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypaspist View Post
    ". . . what the hell happened, where am I, and why are my **** and ***** Blue, and why oh why is there Jam up my ***!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by sigur
    I'll basically spray at any weather (unless it's way too cold). 100% Complete coverage isn't really necessary. I find.
    ][≡ Samos . . :skull:

Nice hat there XD

Yeah, I think green stuff'll be the way to go.

YY

Cheers muchly!

I'm afraid I have ripped most of that model apart (I kept the hat) as I want to redo the cape (it was a shoddy attempt to cover up all the shoulderpads on the Eisenhorn model). Which also means redoing the beard, and then maybe repainting the whole thing. Ah well, I don't play =]I[= much anyway...
    Like slack-jawed never Gnyaarg. Some then folks'll folks'll skunk, some. the but, again yokel eat a Cletus.
    | Project log |
    McMullet's avatar has poorly hands and so few postings will be written and they may be a little terse.

Since I can't create a new thread I'm going to post this in here. Not so much a question about the Inquisitor game, but a question about one of the Eisenhorn novels, in Hereticus Eisenhorns mansion on Gudrun is attacked by a group of highly trained mercenaries. Does anyone know the name of the Mercenary group? and where i could possibly find more information on them? I've lost my copy of the book so i can't look it up for myself.

Vessorine janissaries. There's not a lot official on them outside of a few scraps that Abnett has written, but http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Vessor sums most of that up.
    -Inquisitor Marco Robert Skoll.
    Project log - Leander, 54mm scale Mars pattern Warhound titan