My good and dear friends! This is it, the final 2009-2010 season Tale of 40K Painters thread! In theory, you should have your final unit ready to submit now! In practice, if you're anything like me, you'll have run out of momentum long ago and be desperately trying to paint two months worth of stuff before the submission deadline...

Fortunately, since I am a generous kind of chap, the submission deadline is going to be the end of this month. So, you have 31 days to finish your army (or in my case fleet). To be honest, it takes a little longer than that I don't really mind, but it would be nice to see everyone in by the end of the month if you can manage it.

For those of you who donít know what the Tale of Painters is, look here. The new Tale will start in a month or so, so this is the time to get your name down! Just post in the signup spread, which can be found in this sub forum.

NOTE:I'm currently suffering from an RSI and so I can't type much. For this reason I won't be able to answer as many questions as I'd like to, nor will I be able to post many comments/feedback on everyone else's work. Hopefully I'll be back up to speed soon. Even if I'm not posting individual comments on what you're doing I'd just like to say how much I enjoy reading through your posts and, especially, looking at the pictures.

YOUR MONTHLY UPDATE

For those who are signed up to the tale... you know the drill.

Sam (McMullet)

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Harry has also posted a couple of good FAQs in the Fantasy tale thread, which are equally applicable here. I will shamelessly steal and repost them here (references to "200 points a month" simply mean a tenth of your army, so if you paint 1500 points altogether that means 150 a month):

Q : Can I paint more than 200 points in a month?
A : Yes (we are not here to tell you how and when to paint your stuff, it is great to get ahead) BUT we would like you only to post 200 points (approx) each month and try to stay roughly on track with 200 points a month (200 points in month 1, 400 points by month 2, 600 points by month 3, etc.) so as not to depress the hell out of those of us who are struggling to keep up.

Q : Can I paint less than 200 points in a month?
A : Yes. But we try to stay on track by painting more points in the next month to 'catch up'. For example oif you only painted 100 points one month you could try and get 300 points painted the next month. Equally if you paint more one month you can take it easy and paint less the next month.

Q : What happens when I paint an expensive character?
A : This happens a lot. If your character was over 400 points you would simply paint him over two months (the sort of time your general deserves!) So You start posting him one month and post nothing the first month (unless you want to post WIP) then the second month you post the finished model and all the points get added on.

Q : Is there any way to "buy back" a Joker later on in the tale?
A : Yes, just post an update with double points later on, and you'll get back your first joker.

STAT ATTACK

Will be done sometime I hope!