Thread: Anima Tactics Help Getting Started

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anima Tactics Help Getting Started

Hi guys,

Me and a friend are looking into getting into Anima Tactics. There is a tournament in our area at 300 points.

Can someone help us decide what to buy? Both of us want to have Light Fraction armies and one of them should be based of the starter box. Could anyone with arule book help us with army lists? Preferably lower model count and price.

Thanks in advance.
    Quality, Affordable, Mini Painting for Collectors and Gamers:
    http://www.wix.com/lazulipainting/site

LIKE My Facebook page for a chance for a free models:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lazuli...36168673101405

Re: Anima Tactics Help Getting Started

That's a bit of a daunting task...heh.

Let's see...I'm more of a fan of basing it around organization than Faction, and the Light Starter box gives you one Empire and one Church model.

Of Kronen and Evangeline, I really don't care for Kronen. His recharge rate is too slow and special ability requires the opponent to miss his low-end defense stat.

Going with Evangeline, I'd follow up with Astraega. The two of them form a team that bolsters both girls pretty well.

I guess a good question would be what models do you guys like? I could come up with some suggestions, but I don't know if you're looking for heavy-hitters, healers, buffers, defenders, etc.

I'd also say that you'd be best off getting the rulebook. The starter rules are nice, but there's a lot more to it than just those (other modifiers, actions, and so on). If you go into a tournament just working off the rules in the starter pamphlet, you're almost certainly going to be in for some unwelcome suprises.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

Actually I play Empire and Kronen isn't that bad.
    Evangeline is useless compared to others.
    Still the starter content is quite useful. Soon a neutral starterbox is coming out which may be useful. In the end i'd advise you to pick up 1 starter + player and add 2-3 extra miniatures. 4 vs 4 gives a perfect feel of the game while the 2 vs 2 setups kinda misses out on the synergies.

- Azur Alliance: Stealh and sneaky kills. They also have the nifty Les Jaeger group. (4 members that can work together very well)
    - Empire: Armor and criticals. The noble knights/tank archetypes. They win by advancing, tagteaming one or two chars then finishing up. Their archer rocks but overall they suck at range.
    - Wissenshaft: Guns and robots. A lot of long distance stuff.
    - Samael: the supernatural and magic. Depending on the chars you pick they can be frighteningly powerful.
    - Wanderers: the neutrals that can be added to any side. A lot of asian themed chars.
    - The Church: A lot of effects, blessings, heals etc
    WoTR: Easterlings
    WH40K: Grey Knights, Black Legion Chaos Space Marines
    Warhammer FB: Bretonnia (WIP), Dark Elves (WIP)

Mishra's Playground in Flanders, Halle:
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/Mishras_P...ex.php?act=idx

I just find Kronen lacking. If he hits, he's strong - but that's a decent "if" - and he's easy to shut down with Effects if you don't have someone there to take them off of him. Starter games are annoying for that reason - since Bael can throw Paralysis on Kronen pretty easily. As such, I'll echo Darth that the 2 v. 2 setups are lacking.

Evangeline has two excellent buff spells and decent healing capabilities (better with Astraega around). Her Resistance is also high enough to avoid most effects. She's rarely a "go-to" model in list building, but if I had to pick between her or Kronen, I'd start with Eva and go from there.

The neutral box is the Black Sun box from what I recall. It has Promethea and her dog along with a Type 5 zombie. I haven't encountered them yet, so I've nothing to say on them. From their background, they're essentially the Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil stuck into a quasi-fantasy setting.

Each of the factions grants its own benefits - Empire's armour, Azur's prowlers, Wissenchaft's equipment and Process, Samael's mystics and summoning, and the Church's faith and hunting abilities.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

No there is a Black Sun Box coming (the necromancer faction) AND a Wanderer Starterbox. 2 of the Wanderers will only be available in that box.
    WoTR: Easterlings
    WH40K: Grey Knights, Black Legion Chaos Space Marines
    Warhammer FB: Bretonnia (WIP), Dark Elves (WIP)

Mishra's Playground in Flanders, Halle:
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/Mishras_P...ex.php?act=idx

That's true - but the Wanderer box is going to have around 5 models in it - which is going to put it well over the typical "starter box" size

The Black Sun box is available currently, as well.

Still waiting on OP to clarify some desires...