Thread: HELP with empty paint pots!!!

HELP with empty paint pots!!!

Hello. Let me explain what I need.

I'm trying to get the paint pots that Coat d'Arms, P3, FoundryPaintSystem and other brands use to sell their paints.

Do these pics remember anything to you?
    If your answer it's yes, it's because you are a little old (XD) and have known the old citadel paint pots!

Yes! Those freaking awesome, old, and inmortal paint pots, were quite the same that the 3 brands I mentioned are using NOW. Why did GW stopped using such amazing paint containers? Simply cause they are GW and wanted "moar and moar money" and nowadays they sell those terrible pots, with 12ml. less value for money, and they are sure you'll need another one before you can use all the paint, because it will dry first. Well, this is another story.
    (But, for you, who don't have the privilege of having one of the old pots, let me say that they are some posts, pics and reports, that show that even 15-year old pots still mantain paints FRESH and USABLE in those pots!)

Short story, under the bottom of these pots says:
    Plysu 1859/X

I'm trying to get 100+ of these empty paint pots to move all my citadel, metallics, washes, inks, vallejo and foundation paints to these pots and throw to the bin all the other. The thing is, the only supplier I've found it's CdA, and they sell every pot for half a pound!

Then we get to the matter of this post: How can I get those pots cheaper?
    Anyone from the UK that can research a little about PLYSU?I wish I could make some phone calls and ask about it, but I'm far far away and I can't :cries:
    Do you know another brand that uses these pots and sell them empty??

Any help would be welcomed.

FYI: those dirty paint pots are not mine! xD
    Mine look quite better B)
    Last edited by Nesbet; 02-11-2010 at 01:46.

Re: HELP with empty paint pots!!!

I'm unsure of the answer to your question, however, as far as I'm aware, you do realise that just swapping the current GW paints in to the old containers won't stop them drying up right? While the pots have changed, so have the materials used in the paints.

Here's a UK seller I've bought from before. I'm not so sure what they do about international shipping.

http://www.shcweb.co.uk/eshop/produc...Prod=67&xSec=7

Edit:

We ship to the UK and EU.
    Ah, sorry. If you can't find another source, do you have any kindly acquaintances in Europe...?
    Last edited by Verm1s; 02-11-2010 at 19:36.

Black Hat Minatures sell indivdual pots and deal.

http://www.blackhat.co.uk/online_sho...1c7c9ada077331

Maelstrom games sell the coat d arms paints, so would guess they would sell the bottles, but can't get on there site atm.

@Setha: Yeah, that's the only store were I could find them. Half a pound each. 100+ pots = much money.
    (FYI: Blackhat owns CdA )

@Vermis: Thank you! Yeah, they ship only to UK and US, but they cost half than the price from Blackhat. And considering the shipping from the US to Chile, it would be still cheaper.
    Now, are YOU 100% SURE those pots are the same plysu 1859/X?
    Waiting for your confirmation!!

@Mic: yup, I know. But they will dry slower. GW pots are crappier than their paint formula. It doesn't dry as fast when you change that horrid paint pots.

thanks again!!

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

I'll be honest, I love the new GW pots. I have no issues with them drying out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesbet View Post
    @Vermis: Thank you! Yeah, they ship only to UK and US, but they cost half than the price from Blackhat. And considering the shipping from the US to Chile, it would be still cheaper.
    Waiting for your confirmation
    They look the same, and sell them in a big quanties, so would guess they supply CDA's and P3, they probably just look differnt cos their empty and no lables, should email them and ask.

Make a post on the Trading Forum and ask members...I bet you find someone with a large collection that has dried out but they have not thrown them all away yet.

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Sisters of Battle with Standards and metal Eldar Dire Avenger Exarchs - Selling Metal Bretonnians, Painted Elysian and Tau Armies, plus loads of painted WFB Empire Units/Heroes and other bits for 40K and terrain

Waiting for your confirmation!!
    I got some once upon a time and they were exactly the same as the pots my CdA paints came in. But I've just checked one more closely and it says plysu 1859/X.

@Setha: HMG Paints Ltd. produce the paints for CdA, P3, FPS, and a large etc.
    PLYSU produces the bottles for the aforementioned brands. SHC Web just resells them in small amounts. (And with the cheapest costs, BTW!!! )

@CaptainBrown: Thank you for the idea, I haven't thought buying the pots used! ;D

@Verm1s: Man, I owe you, really. I'm pretty thankful for the link to the store and the confirmation about the pots! THANK YOU!
    Now, lets wait that SHC would like to sell to me, overseas! *fingers crossed!*

yup, I'm screwed.

After writing, begging them to sell me the pots all I got was a simple:

Hi Oscar,

I'm afraid we only post these pots to Europe.

Sorry

U
    Damnit!

Did you ever get the pots you needed Nesbet?
    The Painted Dragon - wargaming community, news blog and online shop

Anyone from the UK that can research a little about PLYSU?I wish I could make some phone calls and ask about it, but I'm far far away and I can't :cries:
    Do you know another brand that uses these pots and sell them empty??
    I'm in the UK and researching this exact topic - They are made for and used very often by Paint Manufacturer HMG Paints LTD, whether HMG are the manufacturer of the pots or not, I don't know, but they are the manufacturer for the paint which goes in them, for the brands above at least.

I'm trying to confirm if they are the manufacturer of the bottles themselves as this would confirm that all paints in these bottles come from HMG. (HMG also make the current Citadel Paints but they are now in new bottles obviously)

As for buying them, unnless you want quantities in the 10s of thousands - they are unlikely to sell them to you. Get dropper Bottles instead.
    Thanks for reading, please check my blog

FauxHammer.com

Those old pots were good, but the opening tabs always broke off leaving you having to lever paints open with your thumbnail

Concrete solutions and good post given here, thanks for learning in this season of confinement