Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Ace XT's Catachans (not really a log)

Re: Ace XT's Catachans (not really a log)

have the second guy stood up casually leaning on the bolter, and i wouldn't worry about not matching the paint as IRL the forces have loads of old and new paint hanging about so its often vehicles dont match perfectly
    Flashheart: Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves. I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my face!

Nice work on the conversion AceXT.

Cheers,

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Interested in buying OOP Sisters of Battle with Standard-Selling loads of painted Empire Units/Heroes

Thank you guys! The issue with another crew interacting with the heavy bolter is that the bolter is magnetized and would only be used for the Salamander. If I add another guy, I need to leave space for the gun somehow. I have more bitz coming in from Victoria and maxmini, then I'll see what I can add.

Like many Catachan players, I've struggled to reconcile that a) Catachans are obviously the most awesome regiment, while b) the GW Catachan plastic range is only decent (HW squad) to very bad (Infantry squad). Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of viable alternatives, but here's an Infantry squad assembled from various bitz manufacturers:

Using bits from Victoria (most legs, torso, arms), Maxmini (most torsos, arms, sadly OOP), Anvil (heads, arms), Puppetswar (heads), Mad Robot (torso), and GW (heads, guns). Painted mostly with Contrast.

Very impressive stuff, I like 'em

CADIA STANDS! For The Emperor! For St Pius!

Look still look awesome. Great IG squad mate.
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

AceXT,

The style and quality of the Catachans was the reason I ended up selling both my painted armies of jungle fighters.

The squad you have assembled looks very nice.

Cheers,

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Interested in buying OOP Sisters of Battle with Standard-Selling loads of painted Empire Units/Heroes

Yeah, the plastic Catachans haven't aged well and they were bad to begin with. The core of my infantry are three squads of 2e metal Catachans, which are still great sculpts. I built another squad from command squad and heavy weapon squad parts, and now this one from third party bitz. Given that Catachan are one of the main Guard regiments, I'm still puzzled that there's so few good bitz for them. All you need is heads with bandanas, torsos with vests or undershirts, and bare arms (preferably muscular).

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, you guys.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5