Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nid news

Talking Nid news

There is a bit of speculation in this post so I'm putting in general and not rumors.

Lots of internal rumbling on a 2nd wave of tyranids. I don't have timelines, but expect it to hit before end of year, but after dark eldar releases complete that codex.

First, a new tyrant model is soon to debut. It has options for the swarm lord. It has some slight differences from the current metal, but is basically similar. I do think it stands between an inch or more higher, but not as tall as a trygon. I did not have an existing tyrant to compare. Wings are supposedly in the kit, but I did not see those.

Second, a harpy has been done, and will either be in this release or in the "summer of flyers"

Next for plastic kits the tervigon is finalized. IMO it does not exactly meet the image in the codex, but if you squint it's close. The model is nice and definitely fits the line.

This is where it gets fuzzy. The tyrranofex is not at all shaped or sized IMO like the tervigon model. I did not have them side by side to compare, but lot of Internet speculation these kits would be combined. I don't see it. Some pieces like legs might have dual use, but I didn't see sprue cuts to tell there. If they are one kit, it will surprise me.

No word on mycetic spores... Either way. I would place a bet they are also coming, but I don't know anything solid.

For metals,

There is a doom and parasite sculpted. They look as expected. Doom is fairly dynamic, parasite is a bit bigger than I thought and will likely use the larger skimmer base.

Also someone mentioned old one eye is getting a new sculpt, but I don't know how much faith I place in that one yet.

And a new yrgarll genestealer in metal...think flash gitz

That it for now.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Stickmonkey; 02-03-2011 at 23:19.

Re: Nid news

Thanks for the info, now we'll just have to bite our time.

Thank you for this. My wife is now smiling at me

Cheers for that stickmonkey! Sounds promising -just have to sit back and see what appears..
    My random painting log- Dwarfs, Nids and VC - updated with Kharadrons! 01/05/17
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142003

Brother Sergeant

Can you tell us how large the Tervigon and Tyrannofex were compared to the Carnifex kit?

Also wondering how close the Tyrannofex is to the codex art?

Either way thanks for the info, much obliged.

I don't play Nids, buy I'll but a Hive Tyrant when it goes plastic... I just like some of the Nid models visually (especially the Warriors, Raveners and Trygon) and I've got a paint scheme I want to go with.
    --Kyn

Armies: Waaagh! Žursblóš, Hivefleet Orochi

Chapter Master

Thanks StickMonkey, your news is always appreciated
    Grey Knights: W13 L9 D10
    Dark Angels: W28 L16 D27
    Death/Ravenwing: W17 L11 D6
    Tyranids: W17 L10 D9
    Goff Orks W41 L9 D11
    Imperial Guard W14 L7 D8
    Since January 2008

So good news/bad news.

1. Good news-Possible second wave.

2. Bad news-If it is end of the year, that will put our second wave nearly two years after the codex release and AFTER two codices that were released AFTER us.

And people say I'm an idiot to state that Tyranids are GW's afterthought in this edition. Oh well, at least we might be getting something.
    Ork record--344/0/0--After all, the Ork view of warfare is "Orkses never lose a battle."
    Tyranid tournament record since the codex was released Jan. 2010.....9 tournaments-23/5/2. Codex is still horribly written, but yes, you can win with them.

Remember kids.....When in a major tournament, NEVER forget to assault with your genestealers. Sheesh.......

Can't wait to play with the new models. I'll be buying Tervigons and T-fex kits for sure! And a new Tyrant sounds nice. Harpy I'm not sold on as a definate sub-optimal choice, but we'll see what the kit looks like.

C-girl.
    Tyranids W/L/D - 16/0/1
    Eldar W/L/D - 19/0/0
    Tau W/L/D - 0/0/0
    Dark Eldar W/L/D - 1/0/1
    Necrons W/L/D - 6/1/1
    Grey Knights W/L/D - 1/0/0
    Astra Militarum W/L/D - 3/0/0

hope there is some kit coming out with enough boneswords and lash whips to make it worth buying for the bitz. (hive tyrant with 4 bone sabers might do the trick)
    I used to post links to my Plogs, battle reports and other gubbins here, but now I have too many projects for the URL's to fit, so now I'll just bring you this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestaltan View Post
    And people say I'm an idiot to state that Tyranids are GW's afterthought in this edition. Oh well, at least we might be getting something.
    I know what you mean but still at least we are getting a second wave, it could have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestaltan
    2. Bad news-If it is end of the year, that will put our second wave nearly two years after the codex release and AFTER two codices that were released AFTER us.
    You're such a wet blanket. All the whining in the world is not gonna change GW's space marine-centric business plan, so you may as well accept the way things are. The fact is the SM line makes the money so they get the bulk of the development budget. If they didn't have SM sales, their overall budget would suffer and that in turn would mean less development for the other races as well. I don't like it either, but there's the way we wish things were and the way things are. Dwelling on the difference between the two will give you wrinkles.

C-girl.
    Tyranids W/L/D - 16/0/1
    Eldar W/L/D - 19/0/0
    Tau W/L/D - 0/0/0
    Dark Eldar W/L/D - 1/0/1
    Necrons W/L/D - 6/1/1
    Grey Knights W/L/D - 1/0/0
    Astra Militarum W/L/D - 3/0/0

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Girl View Post
    Harpy I'm not sold on as a definate sub-optimal choice, but we'll see what the kit looks like.

C-girl.
    Awe... be nice. Harpy's need love too. Just ask my ex'es...
    Project Tomb World: Here

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Girl View Post
    Can't wait to play with the new models. I'll be buying Tervigons and T-fex kits for sure! And a new Tyrant sounds nice. Harpy I'm not sold on as a definate sub-optimal choice, but we'll see what the kit looks like.

C-girl.
    I have alot of fun with my harpy, it's forever ruining my opponents plans for cover saves and keeping tanks away form my forces.
    Grey Knights: W13 L9 D10
    Dark Angels: W28 L16 D27
    Death/Ravenwing: W17 L11 D6
    Tyranids: W17 L10 D9
    Goff Orks W41 L9 D11
    Imperial Guard W14 L7 D8
    Since January 2008

Do you have any knowledge about a possible price charge? Or is this something that will be decided much later? If not, did you see the actual model kits assembled or rather the sprues?

Also I am quite curious on why they would relase more models in the second wave than in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestaltan
    Your comment was stated as the most stupid on this Forum. Even below the infamous "There are no lighter elements than hydrogen? But they discover new elements each day! How can you say that." comment. Speaks only against your offender. Only against him buddy.
    Last edited by Max Jet; 02-03-2011 at 23:18.

This is very exciting news! I was just going through my codex today and fuming about not being able to create the type of list I want because of lack of models. Hopefully this wave comes sooner then later!

Good to hear about the tervigon, even if I did just purchase the chapterhouse conversion kit this very day. Thanks for the news, now back to scratch building a spore...luckily easter is close and that means lots of plastic eggs in various sizes.
    Satisfaction is the death of desire.
    And whatever you do, don't "insult" matt ward on warseer.....

Commander

Good news if it happens. I'll be first in line for two of each of the Harpy, Tervigon and Tyrannofex. I know the Harpy is a suboptimal choice, but big Nids are always cool to build and paint.

Strange that the rumours of the Bonesword and lashwhip options for Tyranid Warriors disappeared though.

Good to hear, but where were you yesterday to add actually rumors to my nid rumor thread?
    Oh well. The plastic Tyrant has me a bit intrigued. Any word on a prime model or conversion kit?
    1222. It's a stranglehold. Not an Ogryn neck pinch.
    1395. Eldar really hate it when you greet them with "Live long and prosper".
    1537. My Rogue Trader does not need to announce his arrival with eight hours of orbital bombardment.
    1572. The Navigator has Warp Sight. Not Insane-o-Vision.
    1594. Flak armor is not just a muscle shirt with the word "ARMOR" stenciled on it.

Banned

Really can't understand these blokes' business practices sometimes. The Tervigon is apparent to me to be the most useful thing in the book, and was from day one. Why are they releasing it now, after everyone's already faked one? And the Swarmlord option? Hasn't everyone gotten their boneswords at reasonable prices from third parties and move on?

It's nice that they are doing it and all but these things are going to sell like coal in hell.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast