Thread: GD Valhallan diorama

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GD Valhallan diorama

People following my Truescale log already know I've taken a break from it to work on my Golden Demon entry. Although I've only got three months to finish it I hope this log might help me a bit on the way.

The plan is to have a couple of valhallans warming themselves by a fire in a trench. I've always liked valhallans, but due to the available poses and the hero scale on all of them I've decided to sculpt all the models myself. After collecting several references from both models and real life photos I started sculpting one of the models last night. My sculpting is a bit rusty so I might redo some details later in the process but I'm pretty happy with the result so far. Only the boots and the right side of the greatcoat is finished. I'll cut away most of the right side and finish it next time. Don't be fooled by the tiny torso, he's not going to look like a high elf when finished.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05330.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	230892

Name:	DSC05329.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	230893

Name:	DSC05327.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	230894

I also finished the oil drum they'll have their fire in. After several hours of trying to bend plastic card by several means and then giving it a try to sculpt details on I had a revelation and sacrificed my almost empty tube of mustard.

Name:	DSC05332.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	230895
    <