Thread: Hulk Timer - Free Android App for Space Hulk

Hulk Timer - Free Android App for Space Hulk

I've always wanted to have a go at developing an Android app and so I figured I would started small.

Introducing Hulk Timer, a free handy utility for Space Hulk.

It's main (i.e. only) features include:

• Countdown Timer with audio warnings at 60, 30 and 15 seconds and a 10 second countdown. You can also pause and resume the timer and adjust the starting time by 30 second intervals.
    • Mission Counter which allows you to keep track of numbered events in game such as escaping Marines, Genestealer kills etc
    • You can also use it to generate your Command Points if you wish.

Now, credit where credit is due.

The app itself (and many of it's features) are similar in functionality to monoRAIL's Space Clock (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237752) if not design, but I acknowledge this.

I'd also like to thank everyone that help me make it. After all, when I set out to develop it I knew nothing about programming.

Re: Hulk Timer - Free Android App for Space Hulk

I like! Nice work.

Just a quick thanks to those (if any) from the forum have download the app. Developer Console is showing 43 installs as of a few moments ago.

So if your one of the them, thanks

I downloaded it a few days ago, I may be the 43th installer ^^
    Great app by the way
    My fantasy log : A lot of green against a feeble mind
    Models painted 2011= 45 / 2012 = 62 / 2013 = 67 / 2014 = 48 / 2015 = 22

Quote Originally Posted by Blutrache
    I'm pretty certain GW only meant Ao$ to make it easier for players to part with money rather than to make the game affordable to more.
    Quote Originally Posted by snottlebocket
    These finecast threads read like obituaries. They're just lists of models I'll never buy again.

I would like to ask if u could see what it would take to get that app to work on a kindle fire because it uses a modified android os.
    i bought the fire for travel gaming Pdf files, spreadsheets and the like. This way my books don't get lost, torn up ext. This post is coming from the fire as well, not to mention the fire isn't much bigger than the get u by little rulebooks.

It makes gaming a lil easier and compact. Also another suggestion maybe a menu change in your app for a bloodbowl timer and graphic?

Good work on this app and thank you

Steve
    Last edited by Orcdom; 10-12-2011 at 01:03. Reason: typos

Other than some VBScripts and one or two small utilities at work written in VB, this was my 1st adventure into programming anything in Java and it took me weeks to work out (as Java developer reading this laugh out loud).

I'm being completely honest when I say, I wouldn't have a clue if it was possible, or where to begin.

Always up for a challenge though...

Hope you can do it

Steve

This was one of the first apps I downloaded when I first got my iPad 3. When I show it to my Longbeard friends they will want to use this app instead of the hourglass timer. So thanks for the cool app.

Hi Anaris,

thanks very much for your app!

Unfortunately I have a little problem using it. My phone always turns off the screen after a minute and stops the timer. Is there a way you could prevent android turning off the screen?

Alternatively I could have a look at the source code if you provide it in a proper licence like GPL or something similiar (I am a Java developer) .

Eyeless

Apologies for the threadmancy, new here and I wish to thank the OP for his app.

Thank you Anaris.

Using and enjoying. The audio cues ramp up the tension nicely.
    Warseer - destruction testing 40k since 2005!

"The more you playtest, the more you find out about playtesters" - Rick Priestley

Just wanted to say thanks for making this app. Me and my mate played our first game today and very quickly turned to just using a stop watch instead of the timer included but this will make our life a lot easier next game especially with the command points feature. Well done!

Veteran Sergeant Darkness Screamer's Avatar

Well done and excellent work