Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My unimaginatively entitled terrain project log

Re: My unimaginatively entitled terrain project log

Very interesting. I'd ruled out that scenery kit because the design has never appealed (to me they look like a new recruit on the design team was just noodling about in some CAD software), but those spikey black things are going to look great on your battlefield. I like the mangrove-style trunks of the venomgorse stuff too. So now that the kit has the Danglebreech seal of approval, I've gone and got one from ebay. Thanks for changing my perception.

Lovely walls and fences, too, btw.

Littleborough, Lancashire. Hub of the Universe

D6damage: nice one! I liked the kits soon as I saw them but I think I was a little hesitant to jump right in with them, as while I liked the studio colour scheme I struggled to visualise them on my board. Really glad I got them. I think they're excellently weird. Really chuffed you've decided to get them too!

This is where I'm up to now......

I've got thirty two ruins in total, with only nine painted so far. I'm going to switch back and forth between ruins and Deathworld Forest to stop me getting bored. I'm pretty much settled on my stone recipe now. I'll be adding graffiti to them once they're all done. The stone recipe is as follows:

White undercoat, Zandri Dust basecoat, thin coat of Skavenblight Dinge on the bulk of the ruin except for the large columns that had a thin coat of Rakarth flesh, and the small bricks that had a thin coat of Ratskin. Everything that follows was then applied to the whole model: watery wash of Castellan Green, drybrush with Administratum Grey, watery wash of Balor Brown, another drybrush of Administratum Grey, more selective washes of The Fang/Gorthor Bown and again with The Fang/Dryad Bark, and finally another drybrush of Administratum Grey.

Next, more Shardwrack Spines.

Thanks for looking and have a great week folks!

A D

Excellent stuff AD. The tufts are a nice little addition- they add some different texture to the ruins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Littleborough, Lancashire. Hub of the Universe

Cheers Codsticker. I might stick some faded grass tufts on there too for a bit more variance. Graffiti to follow.

Some more scenery to add to the pile. The first assembly from the Azyrite Townscape kit and some more Shardwrack Spines. I'm enjoying these although I noticed the painting this time around is a little more slapdash, but I think that's because now I'm just following the recipe rather than creating it.

I've got a fortnight off work so I should get a bit more done. Currently halfway through painting another Townscape ruin.

Thanks for looking!

A D

Very nice Abraham Danglebreech.

Cheers,

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Painted Elysian Army, and other bits for 40K and terrain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4