Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Ogre Rumours MK.III

Re: Ogre Rumours MK.III

Mournfang Riders are cooler than i thought....they have 2handed weapons option in the kit, cool helmets, cool armor expecially on shoulders and the champion is very cool.
    i really think that we will easily use some bits to create some heroes, maneaters and maybe also improve the look of ironguts

Nice. That is one baaad mother .... unit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feefait
    My Facebook account and I have no friends in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor_Atol View Post
    Has anybody found out WTF is going on with the stone horn's face? Why is it half missing?:confused:
    It's face has been worn off from smashing into things for so long. That is my best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsugaya Toushiro View Post
    Mournfang Riders are cooler than i thought....they have 2handed weapons option in the kit, cool helmets, cool armor expecially on shoulders and the champion is very cool.
    i really think that we will easily use some bits to create some heroes, maneaters and maybe also improve the look of ironguts
    Wow the GW's look amazing. I really hope the arms and other pieces are compatible with standard Ogre bodies. If so I'm making my Tyrant and BSB from the cavalry and bull kit.

Chaplain

Man I may have to rethink what box I will be getting first.

But seem only t4....and can anyone confirm the movement of it?
    Last edited by warsmith; 19-08-2011 at 00:12.

Chapter Master

Thanks for the rumours and cool new picture! Funny to notice- that Mournfang unit has a proper MUSICIAN, rather than a Bellower!

Quote Originally Posted by Tregar View Post
    Thanks for the rumours and cool new picture! Funny to notice- that Mournfang unit has a proper MUSICIAN, rather than a Bellower!
    Because you can't hear a good bellow over the thunderous charge and roaring of the Mournfangs
    Last edited by Coldblood666; 19-08-2011 at 01:00.

-all foot ogres (no mournfang cavalry) can have look-out gnoblar on standard bearer for 2,5 old gnoblars (so you need to buy standard bearer and if he die you lose look out sir on 3+ models)
    When the standard bearer dies, you probably don't have 3+ rank and file Ogres left anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor_Atol View Post
    Has anybody found out WTF is going on with the stone horn's face? Why is it half missing?:confused:
    More interesting: Why is the skull apparently made from stone?
    Last edited by Avian; 19-08-2011 at 07:00.
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes

-a Stonehorn ridden by Hunter has a special rule that says that ANY SHOOTING ATTACKS against the model are randomized (5+ hunter)......now...normal rulebook rules for templates like cannon balls say that both rider and mount are hit (so a S10 D6 wounds on rider and S10 D6 wounds on mount)......but by rulebook, Army Books rules OVERRIDE rulebook rules......so by RAW it looks like cannon balls on Hunter+Stonehorn only hit 1 of them......if it will not be faqed it's very nice...
    Exactly the same happens with a Grey Seer on Screaming Bell, and a lot of people play it like they still get both hit. Don't hold your breath on it working that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt View Post
    "Wanna know how my wallet got these scars?"
    "It's not about fluff, it's about sending a message."
    "Fours to hit..." "Come on, hit me. Hit me! I want you to do it, I want you to do it..."
    "My father was... a powergamer. And a proxer."

Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post
    When the standard bearer dies, you probably don't have 3+ rank and file Ogres left anyway.

last standing rule.....you have 4+ rank and file ogres but you fail a close combat phase and flee....the standard bearer automatically dies but you still have 3+ ogres

Quote Originally Posted by innerwolf View Post
    Exactly the same happens with a Grey Seer on Screaming Bell, and a lot of people play it like they still get both hit. Don't hold your breath on it working that way.
    not here in italy......arbiteers say that it works like normal (both hit).....and unfortunatly RAW of screaming bell shooting rules isn't good as stonehorn's rule.....stonehorn's rule imho by RAW is very likely to let you only be hit once.

last standing rule.....you have 4+ rank and file ogres but you fail a close combat phase and flee....the standard bearer automatically dies but you still have 3+ ogres
    I said 'probably'.

And if you break from combat, the odds are good that you will be run down, at which point you won't be taking LOS! rolls anymore.
    Last edited by Avian; 19-08-2011 at 08:25.
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes

The last compilation by Dr. Who - thanks for that! - and the new Mournfang group shot have been added to the beginning posts.

Darnok [=I=]

Quote Originally Posted by warsmith View Post
    But seem only t4....and can anyone confirm the movement of it?
    Movement 8
    Cymru am Byth
    Ogre Tyrant and Empire General

Quote Originally Posted by Coldblood666 View Post
    It's face has been worn off from smashing into things for so long. That is my best guess.
    Pretty much spot on, they have a stone skeleton and they love to headbutt stuff (including mountains) so over time the skin has worn away to reveal their bare stone skull. Ta Da!
    Cymru am Byth
    Ogre Tyrant and Empire General

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post

More interesting: Why is the skull apparently made from stone?
    I assume that is partly to do with the paint job though, but yeah it is an odd shape.

So, the mournfangs can have ironfists but none of the pics of them have... I hope there are some cool new fists in the kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by x-esiv-4c View Post
    Remember, Neck-bearded Howlers have to be dealt with like misbehaving dogs or feral hobos. Wack 'em with a rolled up newspaper and shout "NO. WE DON'T DO THAT INSIDE. NOOOOO"
    The big frog leading the lizardmen is called a "Slann" not a "Slaan", the big bird in the Empire is called a "Griffon" not a "Gryphon". The Bretonnian bird is, unfortunately, called a hippogryph.

Thanks for the pic, Hitsugaya Toushiro!

I must say I wasn't too keen on the moggies before, but they're certainly growing on me and do look much better ranked up in that picture!

You see Mournfang cavalry. I see Maneaters. Many, many plastic Maneaters...
    Look upon us and Despair, for we are the End, the Decay of all things, the horror of rot and the blessing of plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Damocles View Post
    There's your problem. One person's 'sensible and popular' is another person's Codex: Grey Knights.

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast