Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Angels & Dark Eldar FAQ updates

Blood Angels & Dark Eldar FAQ updates

Blood Angels just got a v1.2 FAQ release: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...ersion_1_2.pdf

Only one change:

Q: What happens to an embarked Dreadnought that suffers an Immobilized result from the hit when the Stormraven it is embarked in Explodes? (p38)
    A: It is Destroyed as it is unable to disembark.

Dark Eldar got updated to v1.1: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...rsion_1__1.pdf

One change:

Q: Does the Crucible of Malediction affect vehicles that are also psykers? (p60)
    A: No.

Both PDFs are dated 11th August but have only been posted up on the GW FAQ page today. They have 7th June as the date at the end of the PDF, but the created/modified dates when viewed in the document properties are the 11th August.
    Last edited by Spacker; 15-08-2011 at 20:07.
    Dan
    Age of Strife Owner | AB40k admin/beta tester
    Gaming Figures Store Owner | #warhammer40k on irc.quakenet.org Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh G. Reckshun View Post
    Word on the street is .. if Spacker hasn't said it .. it can't be true. that or .. it's not worth hearing .. one of the two.

Re: Blood Angels & Dark Eldar FAQ updates

I vaguely recall a rule argument that hinged on the fact that an "explodes" result states that the embarked models are placed in the crater rather than disembarking.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTom View Post
    this is probably the first time in the forum someone had to give a definition for "a". Congratulations.

Two changes in the DE FAQ.

Q: Does every psyker in a unit of psykers, which are in
    range of the Crucible of Malediction when it is opened,
    have to take a Leadership test? (p60)
    A: Yes. The notable exceptions to this are units with the
    Brotherhood of Psykers special rule. These units just
    take a single test, and will loose a single model if
    failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling Chieftain View Post
    I vaguely recall a rule argument that hinged on the fact that an "explodes" result states that the embarked models are placed in the crater rather than disembarking.
    Immobilized, laying in the crater it's clicking it's LifeCall bracelet screaming "Help! I've fallen and can't get up"
    Last edited by Hokiecow; 15-08-2011 at 20:55.

Chapter Master

Not entirely surprised by the brotherhood of psykers vs crucible of malediction decision. Not even terribly disappointed either, as blowing up entire armies with a single piece of wargear isn't really a good thing.

But the editing makes me want to smack someone on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper. Lose, people. It isn't making the unit less tight.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Ger-Money (well, at least GW seems to think so)

..wouldn't have happend if Mr.Ward could write his rules clearer and more elegantly.
    I'm no basher of his, but SO many things in the GKdex are SO unneccessary..
    though GW itself is also to blame. proofreading, a 'universal guideline' and common sense aren't in their dictionary.

if only the mini's weren't that great ;D
    The bittersweet taste of fate; We can't outrun the past
    Destined to find an answer; A strength I never lost
    I know there is a way; My future is not set
    For the tide has turned
    But still I never learned to live
    without regret. ~Regret, Anathema

Doesn't "Brotherhood of Psykers" force the squad leader to take the test when hit by the Crucible? I didn't think this needed to be FAQ'd.
    Last edited by Haunter!; 15-08-2011 at 22:45.

Ger-Money (well, at least GW seems to think so)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter! View Post
    Doesn't "Brotherhood of Psykers" force the squad leader to take the test when hit by the Crucible? I didn't think this needed to be FAQ'd.
    'dito' on that.
    vehicles being immune despite being a psyker however .. well, no mat(ter).. "we'll pick the cherries from a special-rule, while leaving the rest out.. oh, and while we're at it, we slam a dozen of special-special rules on top"
    The bittersweet taste of fate; We can't outrun the past
    Destined to find an answer; A strength I never lost
    I know there is a way; My future is not set
    For the tide has turned
    But still I never learned to live
    without regret. ~Regret, Anathema

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven View Post
    Can a xenos weapon work properly against Matt Ward's latest power creep army?
    Tyranids Lash Whip overriding the Halberds.

EDIT - second part of my comment removed
    I misread what WokeUpDead was saying. Blame my lousy mastery of the English language.
    Last edited by Archibald_TK; 15-08-2011 at 23:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
    It is, however, true.

The moment I saw the GK Codex I knew the Crucible would change because it makes little Timmy cry.
    Its such a weird ruling too. Crucible forces a Ld check, their vehicles have Ld10 if they fail they die....

How hard is that to understand? Its one peice of wargear, that no one(credible) takes, that only works ONCE per game, has a random distance, and is limited to one per army! Obviously Crucible is so mathmatically broken against Grey Knights that it had to be nerfed.

Im starting to think GW just uses the FAQs to kick its customer base for giggles/not playing marines.
    Commission Painting and Airbrushing PM Me
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post
    Its such a weird ruling too. Crucible forces a Ld check, their vehicles have Ld10 if they fail they die....

How hard is that to understand? Its one peice of wargear, that no one(credible) takes, that only works ONCE per game, has a random distance, and is limited to one per army! Obviously Crucible is so mathmatically broken against Grey Knights that it had to be nerfed.

Im starting to think GW just uses the FAQs to kick its customer base for giggles/not playing marines.
    Except vehicles don't have mechanics for dying, they are ether wrecked or explodes.
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Except vehicles don't have mechanics for dying, they are ether wrecked or explodes.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Crucible "remove" the model, not reduce the wounds? I had thought one can remove a vehicle, because most powers specify that they DON'T work on vehicles. (That's a null point now, though.) Removing it removes the damage chart from the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by kargenetic View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Crucible "remove" the model, not reduce the wounds? I had thought one can remove a vehicle, because most powers specify that they DON'T work on vehicles. (That's a null point now, though.) Removing it removes the damage chart from the equation.
    Maybe. My books are at home right now, so I can't look them up. Still, isn't the Crucible a Ld on 3d6? If so, an average roll results in a vehicle gone. Being able to hit multiple vehicles would be unbalanced for a single piece of wargear. As it is, it does quite a bit against a GK list, killing off justicars and such rather easily. There are only a few non psyker models in the entire book, so letting a single piece of wargear hit vehicles too would be insane, broken on the level or above that of Jaws and Doom of Malantai (which I think should be a psychic power not an aura, but an upgrade to a Zoan brood and cheaper in return, but that is another subject)
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Actually the 3d6 is the Range of the Crucible, the Ld test is taken as normal. Which means more often than not the subject will pass.
    And yes it's a "Remove model from game"-effect.
    I Personally think it's pretty boring that it was ruled this way, but I can see how they don't want it to affect vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    um the COM says psychers are removed from play...do what the book says...the fact that they look this out is outrageous...1st you take away my horrorfex, now my ONLY PSYCHIC DEFENSE is useless against grey knights...

new rule, if you are playing xenos and your opponent is playing any marine but chaos, you lose automatically, let him kick you in the balls, and steal your girlfriend...

Quote Originally Posted by havik110 View Post
    um the COM says psychers are removed from play...do what the book says...the fact that they look this out is outrageous...1st you take away my horrorfex, now my ONLY PSYCHIC DEFENSE is useless against grey knights...

new rule, if you are playing xenos and your opponent is playing any marine but chaos, you lose automatically, let him kick you in the balls, and steal your girlfriend...
    No, it works quite well against Grey Knights. All infantry besides the assassins and inquisitors/retinues can be hit with it. More than the occasional librarian, madboy, or sorcerer. As for vehicles, are you really complaining about not getting the ability to kill a land raider on a Ld check? Dark eldar, the army of dark lances? And you are whining because you can no longer auto-kill a land raider and contents with a single piece of wargear?

The thing is meant to hurt psykers, sure, but not blow up entire vehicles at even odds. And that was by an abusive reading of the rules for psychic pilot. The FAQ on this is ruled exactly as it should be.

Its fun how people take a FAQ and think it changed something just because they were WILLINGLY reading it wrong and playing the game wrong!

"Hey mister police man! I assumed the 60 speed limit meant I am supposed to go OVER 60! You are nerfing my fast car now that you said its below 60! Sure I could have read the rules about it but yea... who does that?"

So people complaining about a -nerf-?

I thought the GK codex pretty much EXPLAINS when a GK Vehicle is and when it isnt a psyker.

A GK vehicle is a Psyker for the purposes of casting a power... as in fortitude... the SECOND after it cast fortitude it is no longer a psyker! Tough I know but that is so clear that no FAQ was necessary. I know you dont like it but thats what the codex says... period.

About the justicar vs every model. Once again not really a nerf... the arguement was NOT that it should affect everyone but the creative rule twisters were arguing that the Crucible was NOT an attack (Yep exactly!) hence since Brotherhood protects against ATTACKS of this kind they were not protected by this...

Well GW simply said... "cut that tomfoolery out! Its an attack and like all attacks of this nature againt BoPs it affects the justicar or just 1 model"...

But yea... people had to wait for a FAQ to tell them this apparently and are horribly offended by it...

The Untainted Warp, watching over The Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Games Workshop
    Q: Does the Crucible of Malediction affect vehicles that are also psykers? (p60)
    A: No.
    A simple d6 roll on the vehicle damage chart would have been far more sensible.

:skull: "Repent today, for tomorrow you die." :chrome:
    Dark Angels Project Log

mehhh, the dark eldar should have fix that mistress of poison rules from lhamean bodyguard. It should have coated any weapons that the archon carries into poisoned (2+)

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sithlord View Post
    mehhh, the dark eldar should have fix that mistress of poison rules from lhamean bodyguard. It should have coated any weapons that the archon carries into poisoned (2+)
    The cynic in me assumed that change to coincide with the impending release of the court... Oh well. (Or, to be more precise, faqing the agonizer and vect's stick into poison).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling Chieftain View Post
    Dark Eldar using their feet are like Tyranids using instinctive behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithlord View Post
    Congratulations. You just broke the Agoniser.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast