Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Muette's Fantasy Blog of Lazyness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Muette's Fantasy Blog of Lazyness

Hello all!

I've been wandering in this forum several years, but without posting very much. I'm planning to change that for several reasons. First, I want your criticism and support as I lack the will to paint in a regular way and I want to improve my painting/modelling. And second, It's great talking to people all around the world (I'm from Spain, sorry in advance for the mistakes) about your favorite hobby while practicing English.

I own a couple of armies of Fantasy: Orcs&Gobbos and Lizardmen. I've returned to the hobby three years ago, after a looong break. Right now my Orc army is almost finished, so I will present it one unit at a time, while I prepare the Lizardmen, in order to have updates (yeah, I know, thats cheating xD).

Enough chat! Let's see what can I offer... This is my last painting, the Orc Warboss who will lead my army:

It's a conversion from a 40k ork warboss. I've choose it because they are bigger, and I wanted it to look menacing. Cape, shield, chain mail and the runes of the axe are made with gs. I've painted it after a lovely course with Miguel Matías, winner of three Demons in the last spanish GD (2 bronzes, 1 silver) so don't expect the same level with my former paintings . I'm very happy with the result, although there are some areas a bit rushed as I've delayed it a lot and I was feeling a bit tired of it. Hope you like it!!

Regards,

Carlos.

PS: After taking the photos, I realized that the base didn't have static grass, that problem is solved right now
    Last edited by Muette; 16-09-2017 at 10:55.

Re: Muette's Fantasy Blog of Lazyness

Great, another greenskins collector !

Very nice boss you have there, I can't wait to see the rest of your army. I hope you'll find here all the motivation you need to continue or finish your different projects.

You can watch my log too if you're interested (link in signature). Your comments will be appreciated too.

Now post more pics !!!
    My fantasy log : A lot of green against a feeble mind
    Models painted 2011= 45 / 2012 = 62 / 2013 = 67 / 2014 = 48 / 2015 = 22

Quote Originally Posted by Blutrache
    I'm pretty certain GW only meant Ao$ to make it easier for players to part with money rather than to make the game affordable to more.
    Quote Originally Posted by snottlebocket
    These finecast threads read like obituaries. They're just lists of models I'll never buy again.

A classic greenskin look on that fig and very well executed! Now what azhagmorglum said: post more!

Commander

Great orc!

Your green stuff work loots excellent and the paint job is great.

Nice work so far.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad you like this lad!!

Ok, let's show something more. Few months ago, with the release of the Orcs & Goblins new book, I've decided to model my own Squig Mangler. It was my second proyect entirely with gs, but I think the result was nice. Here are the pics, wip and painted (I finished it in May):

It has a few mistakes (desproportioned legs, finger prints) which I expect to correct in future proyects. Hope you like it!!

PS: If anyone is wondering, my Orc army is around 2500 points and it's almost entirely painted, but I don't want to overflow the plog with pics in the begining. Small doses for now!
    Last edited by Muette; 16-09-2017 at 10:51.

Mangler Squigs FTW! Great squiggy expressions

I like this conversion of mangler squigs.
    You are right not flooding us with lots of pics. Keep feeding us with small doses and we might get addicted to your plog :-)

I'm pretty certain GW only meant Ao$ to make it easier for players to part with money rather than to make the game affordable to more.
    These finecast threads read like obituaries. They're just lists of models I'll never buy again.

I like your mangler squigs conversion a lot!

Commander

great mangler squigs!
    they're dalek bumps

Eddies Blue Ogres
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316474

Absolutely awesome work on those mangler squigs I think I just found a new plog to follow! keep it coming please.

Thanks for the comments people, I really appreciate them! ^^

Well, as you liked the Mangler, I'll show you the project that broke my fear to sculpting. I had 3 trolls but I wanted 4. I had 4 kroxigors but I only needed 3... solution???

You can see parts of the original kroxigor (a 4th edition one) in the back, and LOTS of green stuff. Tried to model it as near looking as I can get to the rest of the Stone trolls, and even with some desproportions at the arms/legs I think the output is not bad.

This was made at the end of 2010 I think. Right now I'm painting a Salamander pack, and I hope to show it here soon.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Muette; 16-09-2017 at 10:46.

>>>>>Very nice mangler, I love it! Appropriately disorganized!

Happyland, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Hahahaha, your troll seems to think: "Ur... I'll smash wiz da left and crush wiz da right..."

I'm glad you got over your fear of sculpting becuase that is some excellent work on the mangler squig and the troll.

nice job on the troll man, didnt recognise it as a convertion when it was painted!!

Not bad a sculpting IMO. This troll seems right next to its "true" version.
    Keep the good work up !

Thanks for the words, warseers!

Right now I'm with a huge cold, and with that and the job is hard for me to do any advance. Soooo i'll show you some pics of whats in my workdesk:

The salamander and its crew are still wip. I have to finish the gold parts, scales, wood and body details as eyes or nails. And of course, the bases. I'm expecting an order from Maelstrom with new grass and other fancies for them, as I want all my lizardmen with unique bases. Yeah, lots of work, but I think it is worth it.

The other minis came this week by mail from Ebay. Lovely old goblins!! For less than 30€ I've bought 2 netters, 2 club wielders, 2 heroes, a chaman and a goblin diver. And all of them from my favorite time of GW moddeling! I will paint them next, if I can handle myself...

Cya!
    Last edited by Muette; 16-09-2017 at 10:43.

Great blog dude

Your sculpturing is going really nice. I actually just finished sculpturing 6 stone trolls myself, my first try as well, after making a mangler My trolls aren't classic looking though

I'll follow your progress closely

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast