Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Vampire Counts rumours

Brother Sergeant

Vampire Counts rumours

we've got Empire rumours thread but several people mentioned VC coming first! so i decided to gather all the tidbits we've had so far

Harry already hinted in several threads that it's VC, Empire and Dwarves next:

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I said : I had VC, Empire and Dwarves in the frame.
    ihavetoomuchminis and Hastings heard similar things:

Quote Originally Posted by ihavetoomuchminis View Post
    And VC come in January. Believe it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by 75hastings69 View Post
    The WD VC article should be viewed as a stop gap between books, terrorgheist will be in proper print much quicker than some people may imagine
    Hastings also mentioned new Krell mini coming:

Quote Originally Posted by 75hastings69 View Post
    Wait till you see the other new vc stuff new krell anyone?
    some time ago flesh golems and black coach appeared in the rumour-mill:

Yeah but you wouldn't say no to a plastic black coach and some flesh Golems would you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonny View Post
    Ah yes, I think Hastings mentioned the Flesh Golems.
    I am quite exited about a new VC book
    He did. The concept art for them is very cool. Half way between a big zombie and a ghoul with lots of stitching,

Note : The existence of concept art does not a mini make.
    both rumours are confirmed in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Huan Qu'itt View Post
    (unless i'm reading too much into Harry's comment)
    Nope, you are reading fine.
    It seems that the Black Coach will be a dual kit.
    About the Monstruous infantry unit, i've been told that they are more of Big ghouls than big zombies. Oh, and the models can have something no MI in the game have yet..... maybe something like the terrorgheist, but smaller? Don't know, just guessing.
    and a little tidbit from Mirbeau:

Quote Originally Posted by Mirbeau View Post
    Not Harry but... rotters, the lot of them. Well, with an exception.
    to summarize things:

- VC are next army book to be released (Harry, 75hastings69), in january (ihavetoomuchminis)
    - new unit "flesh golems" - something like a mix of large ghoul and zombie with a lot of stitches (Harry, 75hastings69, ihavetoomuchminis)
    - new plastic black coach mini (Harry), dual kit (ihavetoomuchminis)
    - new krell and female vampire minis (75hastings69)
    - and some old rumour concerning new plastic black knights - still waiting to be confirmed

credits for all rumours go to Harry, 75hastings69, ihavetoomuchminis and Mirbeau. Thanks guys!

if anyone knows something more, please share, i'll be updating this post
    Last edited by Huan Qu'itt; 30-09-2011 at 11:25.

Chapter Master

Re: Vampire Counts rumours

Thank you for the summary, i will have to keep an eye on this thread to see what happens.

Useful to pull the VC rumours together. I think Hastings may have suggested/implied new Black Knights when the Terrorgheist release was still a rumour.
    My random painting log- Dwarfs, Nids and VC - updated with Kharadrons! 01/05/17
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142003

Chapter Master

If true, this is great news. Vampire Counts aren't the weakest book, but they are one of the most boring at the moment. This is of course in my opinion, backed up by the fact at a 1-day tournament last weekend I faced 3 Vampire Counts armies in 3 games, and the games were pretty samey (I kill everything except the Drakenhof deathstar, the enemy Drakenhof deathstar kills as much as my stuff as it can) and quite depressing! Thanks for the rumours

Hopefully the thread can weedle out a few more rumours from our rumour mongers too

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Horace35 View Post
    Hopefully the thread can weedle out a few more rumours from our rumour mongers too
    such as whether or not it will be possible to have a necromancer as your general*

I think the rumour about Black Knights first popped up when Stickmonkey mistook some LotR/WotR stuff for 'em. The fact they're kinda needed has since ensured the rumour hasn't died down properly.
    It's possible I could've missed some vital post somewhere, though, and as said, making new ones would make a lot of sense.

*been hoping for that since I started playing fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post
    Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to a shaky grasp of English.

they better redone the plastic zombies, hoping that their size are the same as those zombies that are pulling the corpse cart (and make it's number to be 40 per box dammit, I know very well that zombies are going to be 2pts)

Quote Originally Posted by theJ View Post
    such as whether or not it will be possible to have a necromancer as your general*

*been hoping for that since I started playing fantasy.
    I've been missing that since the 7th ed book was released. Master necros gave a different dynamic to the army, one I (and many others) hope returns. You could always pull out a copy of the 6th ed book and run one in a friendly game.

As a VC player, I'm pretty excited by this, but my friend plays Brets and Dwarfs. They really ought to get some love before VC. Nevertheless, if GW wants to make me a new VC book, I won't fight 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Sithlord View Post
    (and make it's number to be 40 per box dammit, I know very well that zombies are going to be 2pts)
    No, if they keep the same stat line I fully expect 1.5pt zombies.
    "Curses-curses to the Lady of the Lake!"
    -Fergin the Furless
    Lord of Clan Fitterspike

My Chaos Dwarf Log

Skaven Clan Fitterspike

well 1.5 pts or 2pts same anyway I just want GW remodelled the current zombies (as they are appear as large as a space marine ) hoping their size reduce to the size of zombies available on corpse cart and also I hope they put 40 models inside a single box (50 are better ) because largely we know zombies are going to be well... 2 pts (or 1.5pts )

I'm hoping Zombies get the Clanrat treatment - 20 to a box for the same price as they are now.

I'm also hoping that Zombies become useful in the next book...
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

Wishlisting here but what do you think about this for Zombies....
    Zombies have Poisoined Attacks on a 5+ rather then a 6+ and for every unsaved wound caused by a Poisoined attack a modle is added to the zombie unit.

Just a thought, what do you guys think.

(EDIT) I guess with a WS2 zombies will need 5+ to hit most of the time anyway, either all hits by zombies are poison or leave poison on 6+, I would tend to leave all hits by zombies are poison.
    Last edited by Midevil216; 28-09-2011 at 15:33.

Damn it, I don't want a new book. I've only just got around to assembling my army for the current one. I waited for better zombies and black knights and eventually bought elsewhere, but I suspect any new kits will be monsters anyway.

Now I'll have to pay £20+ or whatever it will be for a new book, just to find out my army is invalid. This is exhausting...

I would like a new army book, the current one lacks and is boring in 8th. That would mean a lot of new special rules are needed.
    I am not to keen on flesh golems but will remain positive until I see some pictures and rules to make me cry. Now black knights I would like a lot, and some nice bat swarms while at it.

Most important to me is actually how base sizes will turn out (the old coach does not fit), will they get supersized like the zombie dragon for some units and how are they supposed to survive at all in game (zombie dragon concerns here mainly due to templates)?

But since my army is mostly in bitz right now nice background and modelling articles would also be much appreciated.

The current zombies are fine with me, ,they are a modellers dream and I would not like mono-pose right foot to the front models all the way. Actually I always liked that you could put almost any model in this unit after you attack it with a hobby knife.
    I will laugh when they go to boxes of ten, I think they will get the orc warriors treatment.
    my general project thread

[2020] painted: 3

Quote Originally Posted by de Selby View Post
    I suspect any new kits will be monsters anyway.
    I'd guess the opposite myself, given that VC just got their massive monster in the form of the Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon kit.

I also have a strong suspicion that the Zombie Dragon may be getting a boost to accomodate it's new super-sized form.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

Wishlisting for zombies, similar kit like clanrats, IE simple and cheap in bulk. If they can manage to make them look like those on the corpsechart then I'm really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by loveless View Post
    I'm hoping Zombies get the Clanrat treatment - 20 to a box for the same price as they are now.
    Haha great minds... I mainly wish for this so that VC players don't skimp on having an excess of zombies so they don't have to try to proxy it with dishes or empty bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0604854 View Post
    the future is another question

I want zombies with T3 and poisoned attacks. The rest of the book can stay the same.

Plastic black knights would make me very happy as would a new female vampire - slowly assembling a lahmian army at the mo. Less fixation of the Von Carsteins in the book would be good too, more emphasis on the different bloodlines.
    For those saying zombies should have poisoned attacks - no. Ghouls have poison already, there is no reason for zombies to have it. Points drop and something to represent them attacking even if you cut their arms/legs/heads off.

agreed with Dan, it'd be nice to run zombie hordes that're actually worth something for once
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zarkov View Post
    No-one did it! No-one stabbed my eye out! And there's No-one here to blame!
    Quote Originally Posted by warplock View Post
    When I use a Bloodthirster, he is called Lher'oi M'jhenkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbruce View Post
    For those saying zombies should have poisoned attacks - no. Ghouls have poison already, there is no reason for zombies to have it. Points drop and something to represent them attacking even if you cut their arms/legs/heads off.
    You're right. Drop poisoned attacks from ghouls, make ghouls Alive! again, drop them to one attack and give them frenzy.

Then give zombies T3 and poisoned attacks.

'Ere we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Huan Qu'itt View Post
    .... and plastic black coach (unless i'm reading too much into Harry's post).
    Nope, you are reading fine.

Nice round up.

VC my favorite army for painting.

EDIT: BRING IT ON!
    Last edited by Harry; 28-09-2011 at 17:35.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast