Well, in our current group we have a wardancer, and she reached lvl 4 recently.

While i am certain that people know of the prowess of this hero early on, i must say that it keeps getting better and better. What i'd like to point out, though, is the luck factor for Wardancers.

I've not seen this for many other heroes out there, but the fact that they can buy luck points (for 1000gc each) lead me to wonder why. The answer came after our first wardancer died during a troupe visit.

This hero is extremely reliant on luck in order to achieve good results in his settlement (troupe) ventures, but most importantly, in order to "dip" his swords into those fabled springs of Ariel.

Our current Wardancer has delayed its level progression in order to buy Lucky Charms and avoided to use any luck points during dongeons: she uses them solely for the troupe visit, and even more precisely for the "Wild spirit" occurence. We did find a peddlar twice in our travels (50gc lucky charm!) as well.

This means that since lvl 3, she could reliably get 1-2 aspects between each adventures.

The result is just insane: the fully boosted Swords of Orion are definitely the best item(s) of the game when it comes to pure prowess. Nothing come close, because the item grows in power as the character levels up.

We are confident that after the next dongeon, she will be able to get her last two remaining aspects. Here's the run down on our little dancer:

+3 Toughness
+2-6 attacks
+2-8 wounds inflicted
Enemies are at -2 to hit
Dodge 5+
Regenerate 4+ (1D6w)

Not only this...but we've come upon a Spell Eater Rune... (5+ Magic resistance). Imagine a rune of Death :skull:

If you have a wardancer with your team, remember this and have him/her save her luck for the real thing