Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Engel's Eldar - Primary Color Army No.3

Re: Engel's Eldar - Primary Color Army No.3

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    Man, these parts are so thin and fiddly though.
    That does look like a delicate model, but sooo well painted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Welp, these characters are looking gorgeous if that's all ye be doin' But I'd probably end up keeping Jain Zar in a lock box, she's so spindly! Gorgeous efforts - the final result on the Visarch excellent too.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Cheers Ragsta!

It's Lynx time.

This was 90% finished by the end of July and our local Warhammer Store's Discord painting competition, but I was unable to totally finish in time due to a couple of work trips at the end of the month.

I decided to order a new 2-magnet X-frame base (because screw using the GW ones!) and do some additional details on the power pack for the lance in the rear. I added an extra detail segment at the back to break up the white (why oh why did I choose white for my vehicle weapons?) and some nice re-done decals.

Overall, I love how this turned out!

The next Eldar units on the table is the Avatar. That model has been sitting for YEARS! It's been a long road, but I can actually see the REAL end of the journey!

Nice work Inquisitor Engel.

Cheers,

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Painted Elysian Army, and other bits for 40K and terrain

Wow that's really crisp work and nice blends. Fantastic work

The Eldar continue to be painted!

After nearly 12 years sitting on my shelf, half assembled, worried about doing this amazing model justice, I stretch myself for August's LGS painting competition (2nd... again) and I'm very happy with the final result. Learned quite a few new techniques - overbrushing, inks for glow, underlighting, magma bases, cooling iron... I haven't posted until now because I had to custom order the decals... (more on that later)... Anyway...

This guy is... slightly too large for my Lightbox, and that makes getting a good, well lit shot WITHOUT a shadow nigh impossible for an amateur photographer like me. This is the best I could do!

I'm very pleased with my first attempts at a cracked lava base that still fits with my larger Cityfight themed bases across my other armies.

I ended up having to custom design some decals and have them printed to get a large enough WHITE Avatar rune for this. I can't print white at home, and the only large Avatar rune on a decal sheet is very rare, OOP, and ... well it's black. Money well spent methinks. If anyone else (in the US) is looking for a large white Avatar rune decal, hit me up!

The sword and the metals worked out well, as did the gradient on the headpiece. I was initially quite trepidatious about what got to be what colors between the loincloth, hair, face, and "ears." I was also unsure of whether the sword should be bare metal, but I stretch myself and went to iron-hot and I think it worked.

Love it, lovely blends and hot-metal

Beautiful Engel.

Cheers,

CB
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Painted Elysian Army, and other bits for 40K and terrain

Fantastic painting Engel; as nitromors said, great blending and molten effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Not playing an MMO really does give you a lot of time back...

September's local painting competition theme was "mounted" and the Warlock Skyrunner was about the only thing I had that matched.

Best choice I had running in the backlog for this month's local painting competition for "mounted" as the theme was a Skyrunner Warlock and it worked out really well. Pleased with using Contrast for the robes and the black engine housing.

In hindsight, I'll probably keep the entire body red for the regular jetbikes.

I am pleased with how the spear turned out! I chopped the top off the silly ball mount and attached some small magnets to keep him upright.

Glorious! Lovely paintjob

Thanks guys!

Ten years Irillyth has sat unpainted - Now, he's done! Went for a slightly different more "ghost" look than I've seen elsewhere.

Had him since he was released in 2011 and maybe one of the worst FW casts I've ever had - The hood around his helmet just... wasn't there, but that's a little too long for FW to swap it out!

The green was undercoated with Corvus Black, the strongly Zenithal Highlighted with Nihilakh Oxide through an airbrush and edge highlighted with Gauss Blaster Green. I also did an all over wash of 50/50 water and Nuln Oil.

The black on his weapon is Corvus Black, because Corvus Black is the best.

Very nice

Cheers Nitro!

More nice work Engel.

Cheers,

CB

It's a good thing Yvraine also had a Y starting her name, otherwise things might have been awkward when she became Ynnead's biggest spokeseldar!

This was a fiddly as hell model to complete, but I'm satisfied with the final product. Her headpiece was annoying, and getting the right color pattern on the headdress also took a couple of attempts.

The etheric green is mostly Aethermatic Blue over Gauss Blaster Green, with some light highlights and really light dry brushing of Gauss Blaster Green.
    Lots of contrast, as usual, but I think it worked out well. I'm very pleased with the legitimate blond hair and the face in general. Really makes me feel better about more faces in future.

Question Re: Engel's Eldar - Primary Color Army No.3

So what's the story with the Ynnead; are they like the new governing council of the Aeldari race? And I thought the Drukhari were sworn enemies, so W.T.F are they doing as allies now...?

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Korhedron View Post
    So what's the story with the Ynnead; are they like the new governing council of the Aeldari race? And I thought the Drukhari were sworn enemies, so W.T.F are they doing as allies now...?
    It’s complicated. There’s an entirely new Eldar God in play. The lore has moved forward a lot. https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ynnari

O.K, I think I get it now; Ynnead is the God of the Dead, and they think they can revive her, to protect their souls from Slaanesh...?

They have, kinda sorta, already done so. A Ynnari force can contain units from CW or DE or Harlequins. It’s basically Eldar soup. Lore wise, some Eldar are for this, some are not.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast