Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Cadian Arbites

Adeptus Arbites - Cadian Gate Project

*** THREAD UPDATED 10 JULY - 2nd Buggy done!***

Okay I have decided to collect my ongoing Cadian Adeptus Arbites army onto one thread.

I've got about another 40 models to paint so here is some of the completed stuff and need your encouragement to keep going as I hate painting and am not particularly good at it :-( ...you will have seen these elsewhere no doubt. I will update this thread everytime I produce something new!

ABLE COMBAT SQUAD

CHARLIE COMBAT SQUAD

PROCTOR AND HVY COMBAT SERVITOR

To come are still, all converted up ready to paint:
    Combat Squad BAKER - shotguns x 10
    Combat Squad DOG - bolters x 10
    Sniper Team EASY - Sniper rifles x 10
    Riot Squad JULIET - Powermauls and combat shields x 10
    3 Tarantula sentry guns (3 lascannon)

To Buy or convert still are:

Arbites predator with water cannon
    1 x Arbites squad cars (wheeled landspeeders)

Here is some of the armies fluff - mainly lifted from Malleus by Mister Abnett:

“They will tell you that there are no Arbites on Cadia. A permanent state of martial law governs this world, and as a result, the Interior Guard, a sub-office of the Cadian Imperial Guard itself, oversees all civil policing duties. They tell you that… yet we are here.”

“The best of us posted here from the surrounding sectors with strict remit to advise the Interior Guard. We Arbites owe no direct allegiance to the Interior Guard’s commander, and so are free to react to the slightest hint of treachery. There is some resentment to this autonomy, but we let them manage the policing. The role of everyday control and policing falls to the Interior Guard, working under the orders of the Imperial Commander and his staff. The Interior guards are sufficient when quelling riots or blasting out heretical wannabes. They can shoot fancy, but they just can’t do the detective work that’s involved with upholding the Dictates Imperialis and they have no gut instinct when it comes to detective work and paper trails.”

“In my ‘advisory’ role here on Cadia I am allowed to maintain a small task force to provide support when needed. Of course there is the Interior Guard, but it is the Adeptus Arbites that enact the definitive word of the law, above all others…Why do I have a task force of elites? When there are rogue Kasrkin Storm Troopers running amok in the grey fortifications and barbicans of Kasr Derth then you will be glad that I assembled the best Arbites in the sector who will be harsh in the execution of their duty, where mercy is a weakness unbecoming of an officer of the Emperor’s Law.”

Arbitor Senioris Isak Actte; Watch overseer to the Cadian Interior Guard.

“This is Cadia! Right on the doorway of Chaos! Right in the heart of everything! The seepage of evil is so great; I have a hundred active cults to subdue every month! A hundred! The place breeds recidivists like a pond breeds scum. I sleep three or four hours a night if I’m lucky. My vox chimes and I’m up, called out to another nest of poison that the Arbites have uncovered. Firefights in the street! Running battles with the foot soldiers of the Archenemy! I can barely keep up with the day-to-day banishments. This is the Gate of the eye! This is where the work of the Inquisition and the Adeptus Arbites is done, Interior Guard be damned!”

Inquisitor General Neve, Ordos Hereticus, Cadian Gate.

Cheers, XO
    Last edited by Airborne XO; 10-07-2007 at 20:36.

Librarian

Re: Project Cadian Arbites

Looks good. What rule set are you using?

Scout
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!

Very nice. Inspiration to put some more effort into my Arbites/Enforcers for my SoB.

I call - Scout Marines for the Ruleset.
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.

Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009. Memorial for Jon Wilson/Brimstone

Good call the arbites are SM scouts! The riot squads will be assualt marines less jump packs and the servitors are terminators...

Cheers, XO

Hell, Arbites don't go flying around on Cadia its not as snazzy. What better way to pursue heretics across dale, street, swamp or desert! Tried to make the suspension seem dynamic thats why it sticks up a bit on the left...enjoy...thats a WIP flamer dude for scale purposes btw...

Cheers, Hal

great work on the jeep

Commander Metal Fingered Villain's Avatar

We need rhino's with squirt guns! Other then that, I thought arbites wore all black? Maybe I'm wrong... Anyways, they look great, I love the heavy servitor with the proctor, whats the basis of the model? Or is it a heavy conversion.

i demand that you build an ed209 dreadnought

Scout
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!

<must get>
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.

Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

Okay some Riot arbites this week for your consumption.

Still need to do the eyes and yes that is a sister of battle flamer conversion on one of the new Necromunda enforcers (still not sure). Most of the troops are Void bodies with a few extras (powermauls are mid-1990s IG lasguns!). The Proctor is very old...huzzah...enjoy...Oh and theres a size comparison one at the end with a regular arbitor! These will be my 'counts as' SM assualt squad minus the jetpacks.

Cheers, XO

They look really great, I especially like the wheeled land speeder...

Looking great so far Airborne XO, I really like the extra armour on the Whirlwind. I like the scratch built buggy aswell, that looks very cool.
    Veteran of the Psychic Wars

What has he got a tea cosy on his head for?

TOHC

Scout

Evil people like you go and taunt me with the possibilities for my two squads of WH/? Arbites.

Nice one, Hal. Great use of the old lasguns! How long have you had those sitting in your bitz box? How're you planning on using that heavy flamer, though, if you're using SM Scout rules?

In other news, I've now officially started to re-visit my own Arbites plans, having ordered a box of plastic Scouts to begin my Execution Team. Once I've got a few other projects out of the way, I'll start my own log here.

Incidentally, for those of you interested in the Arbites in a more specific way, may I direct you to Precinct Omega?

Regards,

R.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne XO
    Whirlwind WIP:

For the Heresy hiding behind the wall

i like all of it bar the Combat Servitor at the moment
    Painting Log - My for sale/trade thread! PM me if you're after something not on the list, I might have it!
    Available for commissions, PM me if you're interested.
    Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue plog
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocracity View Post
    I don't want to get all ad hominem up in here, but I honestly don't know why so many people who complain that Ward writes for 13 year olds insist on acting like 13 year olds anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by precinctomega
    Nice one, Hal. Great use of the old lasguns! How long have you had those sitting in your bitz box?
    I have loads in with a box of RT guardsmen that I will be putting together...hmmm...in about 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by precinctomega
    How're you planning on using that heavy flamer, though, if you're using SM Scout rules?
    These are assault marines without jetpacks - so prob useless!!! The extra amour bonus up to 3+ is explained by the massive shields. The Hvy flamer will just count as a normal flamer for game purposes. I just liked the look of the gun and it fitted with the heavy bolters nicely.

Thanks for all your support guys - next up is the other 4 combat servitors...sorry Rabid Bunny 666

Cheers, XO

all looks good. youve got me into arbite fever now! i want some to use as HV's in my cadians 8th...
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolcormorant View Post
    Marko, that rocks.
    My General project log
    Bring back the LATD!
    The Warseer Guitar Player's Scoiety

Thats where I started with 8 as storm troopers with my guard...now look at me! Only 45 models to go and a tank...come on!!!

Cheers, XO

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Bunny 666
    For the Heresy hiding behind the wall

i like all of it bar the Combat Servitor at the moment

Heh, I happen to think the combat servitor is great, and original. What are they going to count as ruleswise?

There will be five combat servitors and they will count as a terminator squad...

[EDIT - Just bought the ED209 that was suggested earlier to convert into a venerable Dread...woot!]

Here are some WIP shots:

Cheers, XO
    Last edited by Airborne XO; 19-05-2006 at 22:35.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast